• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
How does this matching shit work? What "receipt" and can I use it for as many matching donors as I want? I haven't donated yet.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Alright, $250 donated to take back the senate (and $10 tip to Actblue employees or something?). Pretty much all my overtime this week. Godspeed Dems.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
How does this matching shit work? What "receipt" and can I use it for as many matching donors as I want? I haven't donated yet.
When you donate through ActBlue, they give you a receipt page and send you an email too. You can just take a screenshot of one of those. The people matching on Twitter are just saying "send me a screenshot of your donation receipt and I'll match your amount."

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The dollar amount reset. Not sure if it's a glitch...Booooo

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to thank the OP and people in this thread. I've been feeling like I'm spiraling ever since I heard the news today. This gives me some small sense of helping the cause. Things have felt scary and overwhelming for so long now, I just want to do something that can help even a little.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
$100 from me and partner matched! Doing this every day through November. On top of that I encourage y'all to sign up to be poll workers! Great way to help potentially first time / new voters through the process. Plus if youre in new of cash they pay!

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I can't donate but wishing everyone over there the very best.

I have to ask though, at some point, it doesn't matter how much money you have for a campaign surely? Like, you could give the Dems in Kentucky all the money in the world and it still wouldn't flip for McConnell.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I can't donate but wishing everyone over there the very best.

I have to ask though, at some point, it doesn't matter how much money you have for a campaign surely? Like, you could give the Dems in Kentucky all the money in the world and it still wouldn't flip for McConnell.

For sure, which is why the fund only gets split between 13 candidates, not like 30. On the other side, the fund also leaves out Arizona, where Mark Kelly is so flush with cash and polling so far ahead of McSally, giving him more would be wasteful.

There's a certain amount of tactics to it too. Alaska and Montana are difficult reaches, but it's dirt cheap to advertise there because they're super low population, so your dollars can buy a ton of airtime. Texas gets less focus than it otherwise would because it's huge and running a campaign requires advertising in a dozen different cities, a Spanish ad campaign, etc.

There's something funny about "get Mitch" not even going after him because Dems banked on dead-end candidate Amy McGrath instead of Booker.

Hopefully all these funds end up in campaigns that need them.

I really don't think Booker or anyone else could've salvaged Kentucky. It just makes the McGrath money even dumber because so much of it first got blown on a fight to see who would get to lose to McConnell before we even got to wasting it on losing to McConnell.

Last edited:

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Thanks again everyone who gave anything! Remember if you can't afford to give and want to help spread the word, organize, phone bank.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
3b5EzAv.png

I don't have social media but if someone's matching donations, here you go. (I tipped ActBlue 15)
if I am not American but donate, will that ethically compromise a campaign?
I'm almost positive ActBlue will prevent you from donating.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, they're almost at 11.5 million now. I think I saw from Jon Lovett's tweets that they were at 3.5 million or so before the news broke, so that's about 8 million to this fund alone in less than a day.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
just put a thousand in the get mitch senate fund.

words cannot describe how upset i am, i did not sleep well last night.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could afford to donate right now, but this gives me hope. People need start getting angry and take action instead of giving in and acting like it doesn't matter what we do.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
$10M :)

This topic should be pinned. I can't donate (Canadian), but I am really crossing my fingers and toes for you guys.

What can I donate to? I donated some to bail bonds back at the height of the protests, is there something like that? Or will the ACLU do? Basically, where is the best place for me to put $50?
Paying for bail fees you can def donate too since they are a charity.
if I am not American but donate, will that ethically compromise a campaign?
Yeah you can't do that but donating to pay bail fees in florida you can do.

Flipping Pennsylvania, NC,Texas Blue

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Do you have any links for the texas state house races?
www.impactslates.com

Impact Slates

It won't matter who's President if we don't win at the state level. We put candidates best positioned to build progressive power into slates. Donate in 1 click.

This site breaks down which state and candidates and why. I did Texas cause I live here. But if we can flip it we can prevent the ridiculous gerrymandering during redistricting.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
www.impactslates.com

Impact Slates

It won't matter who's President if we don't win at the state level. We put candidates best positioned to build progressive power into slates. Donate in 1 click.

This site breaks down which state and candidates and why. I did Texas cause I live here. But if we can flip it we can prevent the ridiculous gerrymandering during redistricting.
Adding to the OP.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Donated. I'd really like to just go for Mitch's jugular (figuratively) on this, but I get that it's a long shot.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
There's also a bunch of competitive Texas state house races that if we win would give us a seat at the table for redistricting.

I'm in one of the competitive districts and donated to that race earlier this week too. Some of the recent polls have been nice to see with the lead for the GOP dropping in some places.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Donated last night, and will do so again next week. I'm not being hyperbolic; we are approaching a knives edge this November, hell I'd argue we're already there, it is paramount that Trump and the GOP lose and lose BIG.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
This is going to be needed. RBG's death is going to awaken a bunch of Republican voters who were going to sit this one out because of Trump. Expect to see a bump in the polls for Republican senators.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Donated last night, and will do so again next week. I'm not being hyperbolic; we are approaching a knives edge this November, hell I'd argue we're already there, it is paramount that Trump and the GOP lose and lose BIG.
yeah this has to send a huge message to them in all the key states

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone put this into context? Is $12 million a lot of senate campaigns? When spread across them?

Obviously a huge positive outpouring.