• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They should just buy the RE4HD mod from Albert and sell future versions of it with said mod.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
A bunch of people who haven't played it chicken-little-ing over it not reviewing as well RE2 remake even though that basically was a given. Original RE3 wasn't as good as original RE2 either.
Ah, that's fine then, my hype remains at an all time high. Never played the originals but loved RE2 remake.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
How can you remake a game that doesn't exist?
Hate to be the bearer of bad news
Breath-of-Fire-6-Recruitable-races.jpg

Deleted member 61002

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Onimusha 2, DMC1 or RE1. RE4 isn't going to be remade, as it already plays similar to RE2 and RE3 Remakes.

REmake 2 is a pure survival horror game where you can't even punch a zombie and might kill 40 zombies in the entire game if you are TRYING to kill as many as possible. RE 4 is an action horror game where you kill over 60 zombies in the opening chapter segment and probably kill about 1,000 over the course of the entire game. Their focuses are entirely different and play nothing alike besides having a TPS camera.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
REmake 2 is a pure survival horror game where you can't even punch a zombie and might kill 40 zombies in the entire game if you are TRYING to kill as many as possible. RE 4 is an action horror game where you kill over 60 zombies in the opening chapter segment and probably kill about 1,000 over the course of the entire game. Their focuses are entirely different and play nothing alike besides having a TPS camera.
I know that, RE4 is an action-survival horror game, one of the first in its genre. Not a pure Survival horror. That's why i don't think it'll be remade. I believe REmake Remake has more chances, personally speaking.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
kinda want it to be veronica just to finally finish that one
or dino crisis

Remake RE4 but remove the castle.

what? no
castle's good

well shit

Okami is already ported to everything under the sun, it doesn't need it.

Now, a significant effort to make Okamiden release on consoles would be excellent.

okay yeah, id love okamiden

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who has been good with the changes they made to RE2 & RE3 if they do a RE4 remake and it's anything other than a 1:1 (but modernized) remake, I'll feel the way a lot of diehard RE3 fans feel right now. lol

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I'll say this: It's not a rumor, it's true (if you believe me), it'll be Capcom's 2022 game (if all works out). I know what it is, but I promised I wouldn't speak in detail about this for a few more months.

It's not Code Veronica or Dino Crisis remake though, I'll crush those dreams right now.
Wait...so you're not allowed to leak things early but you are allowed to eventually leak them months later??!

Nov 13, 2017
It needs to not be another RE game. RE3 is going to be a massive decline in sales from RE2.

Viewtiful Joe would be nice! Or Megaman Legends?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...so you're not allowed to leak things early but you are allowed to eventually leak them months later??!
It depends on what the person who tells me wants, the person who originally told me about this project asked I held off going into detail on what it is, and from a personal perspective I do think it'd be best if it doesn't leak this very moment.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 1 to bring it inline with the rest of the over the shoulder view games.

I personally would love a remake for 1,4, CV

And of course Onimusha and Dino Crisis.

Oct 31, 2017
I'll say this: It's not a rumor, it's true (if you believe me), it'll be Capcom's 2022 game (if all works out). I know what it is, but I promised I wouldn't speak in detail about this for a few more months.

It's not Code Veronica or Dino Crisis remake though, I'll crush those dreams right now.

My guess is it's the first RE reimagined like 2 and 3 ! :P