• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ring Fit Adventurer for the Smash game after Ultimate.....if the game sells well.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol nope, it's gotta be Matt

efb.jpg

oh shit
the planet destroyer

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
The guy in this video...i can't explain it, but he...scares me? lol

Not sure how I feel about this yet. Seems like a cool idea.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's impressive how well Ring Fit Adventure works as a fully-functioning RPG. Within each level there are encounters with enemies that work as any good turn-based RPG should, with your moves replaced by 'Fit Skills' - activities, effectively, each with their own 'elemental' status so that some are more effective than others in any given situation, with the ability to take your own load-out into a level. Yoga moves can be used for healing, for example, while an activity that includes a sweep of the Ring-Con can strike multiple enemies at once.

there's gear to collect, potions to concoct mini-games that are executed with all the flair and panache. There's even more I'm not yet able to disclose

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Sold when I saw that you attack with squats.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
When there's a FITNESS RPG you know the Switch is made to become a RPG machine lol.

Labo RPG when ?

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
God damn that is cool as fuck, miss me with that shit like labo but fuck me if that isn't cool as fuck

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
this is cool.. I might pass, but if it was multiplayer (even 1v1) I probably would have snagged it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You gotta give it to Nintendo, they sure are crazy enough try to all sorts of weird stuff. This looks neat, but I'm not sure how much fitness you're actually gonna be doing without any weight training.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
There's no way I could play this in my apartment 🤷

Just not physically possible and would probably piss off the people downstairs even if I moved furniture around to do it.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how they plan to keep people engaged beyond the end of the story. One of the biggest killers of people working out is boredom through repetition.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... this is actually kind of great. It's a really interesting twist on Wii Fit.

Whoever said this was like a Home Shopping Network infomercial was right, lol

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So a bit like Kinect Adventures/Fitness?

Sometimes Nintendo announce stuff that just looks so dumb but it will probably be WiiFit levels of massive.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I actually love this lmao

Not sure if it'll convince me to not contract asspiles and get up once in a while, but I love the concept

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
But does it really make it more attractive to the target audience of this? Why would someone want to level up and RPG mechanics in their fitness game?

Gamefying fitness does have a purpose. It adds more incentive and motivation to exercise.

For me personally, I'd prefer something more strictly focus on fitness with good systems for tracking, ranking, and feedback. Wii fit was fun for a while but too barebones in terms of features to keep me using it.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be interested in a game whre these hosts lock me in their basement and I have to use the ringfit in interesting ways to escape.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I want to know more about the character we're playing as. Show me more of her, Nintendo!

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Docked only? God please don't be docked only somehow :c

I'd really use something like this. But I can't afford to get a regular Switch lol

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm telling you, they need to put in an online battle royale mode and Nintendo will eradicate childhood obesity and create an army of superstrong 12 year olds.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The guy gives off some serious serial killer vibes.
Like he's saying memorized words phonetically he doesn't know the meaning behind.

I might get this game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.