• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Have it on Game Pass but bought it on Steam just because I'm so excited for this game and want Double Fine to get all the support they need! now make a Banjo game

Lengusta

Banned
May 23, 2021
Game looks great.

Yes, you've found a perfect match.

thats-my-guy-good-friend.gif

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Having never played the original but enjoying 3rd person platformers, i guess i should buy this? It's kind of crazy this is being offered on Gamepass while costing 60€ on PSN. Gamepass is crazy from a value of money point of view. Though i can't help but wonder how this can be sustainable. Anyhow, has anything been been mentioned about game length?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Having never played the original but enjoying 3rd person platformers, i guess i should buy this? It's kind of crazy this is being offered on Gamepass while costing 60€ on PSN. Gamepass is crazy from a value of money point of view. Though i can't help but wonder how this can be sustainable. Anyhow, has anything been been mentioned about game length?
you should and its about 15-20 hours normal playthrough, more for completionist

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

About 15-20 hours is what I've heard from the review thread.

EDIT: What vixolus says

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Found myself randomly smiling about this a few times today. Pretty fucking cool that a Psychonauts sequel is just a few hours away. Man.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I know nothing about the first game, or really anything about this one. Was it expected to review this well? My Series X is ready.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I know nothing about the first game, or really anything about this one. Was it expected to review this well? My Series X is ready.

Psychonauts 1 went through some turbulent development at the time and didn't sell tremendously well, but got very good reviews and has since become a cult classic. Making the sequel to a game like that this length of time afterwards with its own host of development troubles wasn't boding well, but they seem to have pulled it off. Now let's hope that it finds its audience more quickly than the first one.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Psychonauts 1 went through some turbulent development at the time and didn't sell tremendously well, but got very good reviews and has since become a cult classic. Making the sequel to a game like that this length of time afterwards with its own host of development troubles wasn't boding well, but they seem to have pulled it off. Now let's hope that it finds its audience more quickly than the first one.

I see. It seems like there is some real hype behind this one and the excellent review scores should boost it. Add GamePass to the mix and I see this doing really well. I'm incredibly excited to give it a go.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia

i am so excited for this game but I won't deny the lack of a ps5 version is bumming out out, they've done an amazing job with the series s and x enhancements.

Maybe I'll just wait until I pick up an sx to play.

Edit - Nah this feeling was fleeting, a few enhancements is not enough to prevent me from going all in on freakin PSYCHONAUTS 2.

ROLL ON THE RELEASE.

Last edited:

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try the original on GP. We'll see how much I can get done before 2 releases.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this coming out on a Wednesday? Kind of strange. Excited to play though!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
ah shit didn't know there was a PS4 version - i wonder how much worse it looks/plays
It looks to run perfectly fine at a stable 1080p/30 from what I saw. All the games look practically identical outside of raw resolution (and framerate). No big diff in texture quality or shadows, etc to my quick glance.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I know this is early, but is there any word on how long it will take to beat the story of this?

I am unexpectedly being sent away for work for about 2 months. I want to play this at home on my proper tv and XSX, but I don't want to start it and then pick it back up in 2ish months. So curious if I might be able to blitz through it on my off day Wednesday before I leave.

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is early, but is there any word on how long it will take to beat the story of this?

I am unexpectedly being sent away for work for about 2 months. I want to play this at home on my proper tv and XSX, but I don't want to start it and then pick it back up in 2ish months. So curious if I might be able to blitz through it on my off day Wednesday before I leave.

Took me around 14 hours to beat the main story with a ton of stuff still left to do/find, and i explored quite a bit.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
GrrImAFridge Good work with the OT. If I may do one suggestion. There is a Psychonaut 1 official story recap video, too.

Hey folks, do you recommend any specific YouTube video to catch up on the story? It's been a while since I played the first and never completed it. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to play it, so I'm going directly to the second one.
See above :)

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Took me around 14 hours to beat the main story with a ton of stuff still left to do/find, and i explored quite a bit.

Im curious to see how annoying it is to 100% this game. I love Psychonauts but I've never done gotten all the collectibles, I started doing it once and got all of the figments on about half the levels. But the part of the levitation level where you race down the slide was really annoying, the figments blend into the background because the area is so colorful. I spent something like an hour and a half combing through it and found all but one, and then gave up.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I can't wait to play this later this week. I bought my original xbox for psychonauts and jet set radio future. I'm just happy its at least 60fps on ps5.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
I got home from work tonight super excited to start this, thinking it released on Tuesday like most games. Boy am I disappointed.