• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Favourite First Party Exclusive of the PlayStation 5

• Screw Compartment

Votes: 324 9.2%
  • Liquid Metal

Votes: 1,209 34.3%
  • Vibration Dampeners

Votes: 55 1.6%
  • SSD Tray

Votes: 320 9.1%
  • Replaceable Side Panels

Votes: 361 10.2%
  • Dust Traps

Votes: 515 14.6%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 744 21.1%

• Total voters

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, that heatsink.
This shit will be cool.
6dfd0d9a4bfdf054f4b8f50e69e07f21.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Well they took cooling seriously, god damn. Huge fan, tons of ventilation, liquid metal, and a absolutely massive heatsink.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a sexy as fuck piece of engineering. Really damn good work, no thing is done without thinking in it. The heatsink looks enormous.

Also, the vibe I got from Mr. Yasuhiro Ootori is "here are all the pieces, the console exists, leave us (me!) alone" lol

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
This is great. Kudos to Sony on the easy reparability. I wonder if someone could figure out a way to install Windows on this thing. Lol

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
So many reactions mirror my own. "Good God that heatsink is a monster!"

Looks like this system would only run cooler if they included a walk-in freezer

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Looks excellent. Dust traps are a clever idea. That fan is thicccck, and double-sided is a surprise.

navanman

Oct 27, 2017
Dublin
Shows how much room (literally) there will be to shrink the PS5 size once they can manufacture Ryzen chip & SSD on smaller node size.
Cooling requirements willl reduce, there by reducing heatsink size & allowing much smaller chassis.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
  • Big HeatSink
  • 120mm Fan
  • Liquid Freakin Metal
  • Bluetooth 5.1 and Wi FI 6
  • Latest CPU & GPU in the form of Ryzen and RDNA2 from AMD
This is THE BEST console EVER BUILT

Murdamonk

Oct 27, 2017
My guess that i will need to buy a usb hub if i want to plug 2 fightsticks in front.. Seems to have only one USB-A in the front.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That is some very clever engineering. Was surprised to see the storage is onboard. This is very nice if you're getting an additional SSD.
So many nice details. I loved that you can put the screw inside the stand if it's not needed. Even with a sliding door!
This is really very impressive.

Also: dust traps. So very nice.

Deleted member 46008

user requested account closure
Banned
Jul 18, 2018
I've thought it looked kind of bad since the reveal, but wow, this teardown managed to make me a fan of the design. It looks way, way better on video than on pictures and renders.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I love how easy the faceplates can be removed. The stand seems really smart. Excited to see the UI now. A lot of this stuff seems designed with great purpose and care.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Uh nice at that large fan! Probably gonna be pretty quiet then! Its just slightly smaller then the series x one right?