• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It's pretty weird to post in this thread so much and ignore an actual leaker.

I'm trying to maintain an ignore list of 0. Anyone truly vile tends to get banned anyway.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why embarrassing ? At least Colbert shows his true (green) color ! He's honest :)

To be fair, he has the spent the vast majority of his time in theses threads talking about actual specs and technical details/discussion...not speculation about which console is more powerful. Having klee on ignore doesn't surprise me at all. I don't really see that as anything bias, just trying to filter the conversation to higher level discussion.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
To be fair, he has the spent the vast majority of his time in theses threads talking about actual specs and technical details/discussion...not speculation about which console is more powerful. Having klee on ignore doesn't surprise me at all. I don't really see that as anything bias, just trying to filter the conversation to higher level discussion.
Now this is some funny as shit. Having someone on ignore is fine, saying that you did so is childish to me

Jun 23, 2019
Humm yes :D Sorry I'm French and team Blue if you want to know ! (I will own the two but have a historic preference for the PS brand).

My apologies. It sounded like you were saying that Klee is a PS fanboy hiding behind his words.

Lol Or more like Klee has called out Colbert's theories in the past and Colbert is feeling some kind of way.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
A reasonable response.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Really how long have you been in these threads cause that is really not what it is .
All the specs and technical details/discussion in this thread has some sort of bias behind it .
If you not seeing it you not paying attention and it's not some higher level discussion since people like to tell people there wrong .

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

😂👀

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think the iPhone names confuses the casuals? How the consoles are communicated to the masses is ultimately up to their marketing. Regardless, I just see most people going in and asking for the new Xbox, something they probably did with the 360 and the One in the past.

I don't think that the iPhone naming is that confusing. Generally there's a number that gets higher each generation; sometimes they use a letter to denote something, but it's not that bad.

Microsoft couldn't have come up with a more counter-intuitive naming convention if they had tried. Naming their third gen console the 'One' was odd, but then switching to 'Series' rather than going with something radical like 'Two' is just bizarre.

It reminds me of some kind of Two Ronnies or Monty Python sketch:
  • I'd like an XBox, please.
  • Certainly sir, which one?
  • No, I don't want a One. I want a Series.
  • You want to buy the whole series? Fantastic!
  • etc.

Aug 26, 2019
So hmqgg said that Lockhart is flat but if you're going for a consistent look across your product line, wouldn't you want it to look similar to the Series X? Maybe someone can explain if it's a good idea.

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
I don't think that the iPhone naming is that confusing. Generally there's a number that gets higher each generation; sometimes they use a letter to denote something, but it's not that bad.

Microsoft couldn't have come up with a more counter-intuitive naming convention if they had tried. Naming their third gen console the 'One' was odd, but then switching to 'Series' rather than going with something radical like 'Two' is just bizarre.

• etc.

The content of the comment with your specific name gave me a chuckle :)

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Gotta ask, your name looks familiar, are you the same Grosbard that use to post on CAG?

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Not really, apart from posting is speculative specs in a nicely accessible format, I haven't seen him contribute much to the technical discussion in this thread...

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets bring this discussion back online people. no need to gang up on posters like that.

here are my updated predictions in light of recent github leaks downgrading the ps5 specs.

• 3.2 ghz 8 core cpu
  • 12gb hbm + 12 gb ddr4 ram
  • no reram. too ambitious. i flew too close to the sun.
  • 2tb ssd at 6gb/s
  • 56 cu at 2.0 ghz - 14 tflops
yolo.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So hmqgg said that Lockhart is flat but if you're going for a consistent look across your product line, wouldn't you want it to look similar to the Series X? Maybe someone can explain if it's a good idea.

Only reason the Series X is that shape is cooling and noise. If the other one doesn't require the same set up, why make it similar? Considering what you put inside, disc drive etc. it would be similar but slightly smaller, that's more confusing to sell I would think.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Lets bring this discussion back online people. no need to gang up on posters like that.

here are my updated predictions in light of recent github leaks downgrading the ps5 specs.

• 3.2 ghz 8 core cpu
  • 2tb ssd at 6gb/s
yolo.
It all seemed so unreasonable but no reram? now its possible lol

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017

• 3.2 ghz 8 core cpu
  • 2tb ssd at 6gb/s
yolo.
Split ram?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
You are German. Why would it matter if you called it-- oh... OH.
LOL
"Just trying to filter the conversation to higher level discussion"
Really how long have you been in these threads cause that is really not what it is .
A man can dream, can't he? Colbert is a particular guy, and he doesn't like to hear from insiders from what I can gather.
But certainly IMO, this thread would be lesser without forum favorites Klee, Tom Warren, Matt, Klobrille, hmqgg and Jason S.

edit: pouring one out for VFX_Veteran RIP
Maybe they want clear differentiation?

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017

• etc.

I thought the One was a horrible name. However it sounds like you're claiming the average person is as stupid as some are pretending to be on this forum. I don't see that being the case. The early adopters will know exactly what system and version they'll want. Most of the mainstream customers will as well. The only point of confusion may come from the parents, uncles/aunts, grandparents, etc. The older crowd that didn't grow up with video games and they would be confused regardless of what MS named the next Xbox.

Also to think that the "Xbox Two" makes more sense would mean you don't understand why MS went with the Xbox 360.

Feb 23, 2019

• 3.2 ghz 8 core cpu
  • 2tb ssd at 6gb/s
yolo.

How much power would this system draw?

I'd love to see them crank it up to 14TF as I see that as the absolute max ceiling in a console

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, implying that having Klee in a discussion leads to a lower quality of debate is a reasonable response for a hooligan.
wtf dude. There's no need for such language towards another user just because you don't agree. I think what the user I quoted says is a reasonable response as a guess as to why someone did what they did. It's really not that serious.

Jun 23, 2019

• 3.2 ghz 8 core cpu
  • 2tb ssd at 6gb/s
yolo.

2.0Ghz has to be too much if we are assuming Sony may possibly throw a giant fan in there like last time. 56CU at say 1.75Ghz gets us 13.3 which seems way more manageable heat wise.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
If Lockhart is discless then I hope there's a Series X variant that's discless too to lower the cost. (Though, I know there won't be). Haven't used the disc drive in any of my consoles this whole generation.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
I've asked this in the last OT, but why is the TF count the be-all-end-all factor in determining which is more powerful exactly? What if one has higher TF count but the other has a higher clocked CPU? Isn't the CPU more important to the overall gameplay experience?

Edit: I should clarify, that if the TF count being the ~7% difference Klee alluded to, not like the One/PS4 split.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
I mean, Colbert believes that PS5 could be 8.7 TF and XSX 12.2 TF. Klee said PS5 might be more powerful than XSX. You do the math.
My 2 cents:i think that's mostly based on all the raw data we got during 2019 from apisak, komachi etc. including latest github leak. If we conveniently choose to ignore all that and hope that some "hidden" PS5 APU will soon come out of the shadows...then yeah.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao. Why would you block a person who is very likely to have real information ? On a speculation thread !

To be fair, there's been very little "real information" other than the odd "I know something you don't" drive-by that derails the thread a bit.

This honestly isn't me doubting anybodies integrity or truth in any way, but I understand why some people would tune out.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

• 3.2 ghz 8 core cpu
  • 2tb ssd at 6gb/s
yolo.

wait what? I thought you were one if the reasonable ones. When did you take a left at crazy town?

Status
Not open for further replies.