• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I've now received an email with a code for Funimation. The email contains a link which just points to the Funimation website. The code is only valid upon account creation, as far as I can see (I could not find anywhere in an existing account section to enter the code).

To get around this, I created a new account (using the usual trick of adding +something to my gmail username), signed up for another trial, applied the code for the extended trial, and that seems to have worked. It was happy enough to accept the gmail aliased address and also had no problem using the same card as I had set up earlier.

So the intended process, on PS5, appears to be:

1. Download the Funimation app. Start it up.
2. Do nothing and wait for a code to be sent to the email address you registered with on PSN.
3. When you receive a code, go to the Funimation website and sign up for a trial account.
4. During the account creation process, enter the code in the " Have a Promo Code?" box, and then complete the account creation.
5. Once the account has been created, you can then log into it on PS5 (and any other device).

BreakingARC

Oct 30, 2017
I can feel my brain getting sucked out of my head while playing Thumper. I love it, what a fantastic game.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've now received an email with a code for Funimation. The email contains a link which just points to the Funimation website. The code is only valid upon account creation, as far as I can see (I could not find anywhere in an existing account section to enter the code).

To get around this, I created a new account (using the usual trick of adding +something to my gmail username), signed up for another trial, applied the code for the extended trial, and that seems to have worked. It was happy enough to accept the gmail aliased address and also had no problem using the same card as I had set up earlier.

So the intended process, on PS5, appears to be:

1. Download the Funimation app. Start it up.
2. Do nothing and wait for a code to be sent to the email address you registered with on PSN.
3. When you receive a code, go to the Funimation website and sign up for a trial account.
4. During the account creation process, enter the code in the " Have a Promo Code?" box, and then complete the account creation.
5. Once the account has been created, you can then log into it on PS5 (and any other device).

How long did it take you to get the code? I've been waiting 10+ hours.

Ardend

Oct 27, 2017
For me The Witness shows as unavailable for purchase. I know I have it from PS+, but someone else above was able to convert it. Anyone else running into this? I tried from the app and the webstore, same issue

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
"As part of our Play At Home campaign, you can download and keep this game at no extra cost. Download before 23 April 04:00 BST."

To keep all of these free games forever, I need to download them once???

Sorry if this has been asked already, but are any of the Psvr games playable with the Dualsense?
Many of them are, and some even have dualshock4 rendered in-game and used for various actions [like in Astrobot].

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As part of our Play At Home campaign, you can download and keep this game at no extra cost. Download before 23 April 04:00 BST."

To keep all of these free games forever, I need to download them once???

You just have to add it to your library, don't have to straight up download each one and take up space

Oct 27, 2017
Like a cryptomining for charity app?

Donate the ETH to rainforest preservation and climate change awareness.

Sort of but not quite. What Folding@Home does is to simulate the folding of proteins, or something like that, that helps scientists research diseases and develop cures. The PS3 had a Folding@Home app back in the day to utilize the Cell for crunching numbers when the PS3 was not used for games.

can they bring MiningCrypto@home to PS5 instead?

Only if it mines Torocoins!

Didn't someone make the PS Home main area in Dreams last year

No idea.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
For me The Witness shows as unavailable for purchase. I know I have it from PS+, but someone else above was able to convert it. Anyone else running into this? I tried from the app and the webstore, same issue

I was able to redeem Ratchet & Clank early this month from the console. I had the game from Ps Plus.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see all the games except for Horizon...why is that?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
In my restless dream, I've hoped that ppl will read the OP link, where all the information are there instead of just reading the title and then start asking the same questions ad nauseam where the answers are at the the link straight from playstation themselves.

One can dream.

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
UK here. I already had the Funimation app and thus no way of getting the code. Deleted it and re-downloaded now so we'll see what happens.

Moara

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Is the playstation site normally this trash? I click add to library, it ask me to sign in, and then it just doesn't keep me signed in?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
With all those freebies, subs and bundles arround it feels like a waste to even buy new games, lol.
Very nice selection of games, even when I have most of them. Happy for Paper Beasts and REZ. Both will probably be cool in VR.
Is the playstation site normally this trash? I click add to library, it ask me to sign in, and then it just doesn't keep me signed in?
It's broken at the moment. Worked fine on console for me. Even if you have to download all the games. You can't just add them to your library. Starting the download and then cancelling works though. It's not great, but free ;)

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Mini Reviews after one level

Rez Infinite - It's Rez and I fucking love me some Rez. I literally hope they release this game forever going forward, it must never be lost.

Thumper - Downloaded it after reading the description. What a fucking GEM of a game. It's a fast paced rhythm game where I think memorisation plays a role, but quick reflexes ever more so.

I don't own PSVR, but I imagine both games are a trip on both. I wish they were PS5 versions because I imagine there's mad things they could do with haptics.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
So has anyone figured out a way to get a Funimation code through the PS5 if you've already downloaded the app before. Is it possible?

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
So has anyone figured out a way to get a Funimation code through the PS5 if you've already downloaded the app before. Is it possible?
i'll echo this for ps4, i'm so confused.
the sign up for trial page on the app mentions 3 months extra but nothing about needinga code at that point like some are saying

Last edited:

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone needs to play Thumper. It's one of the most tense experiences I've had playing a videogame, especially in VR.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Mini Reviews after one level

Rez Infinite - It's Rez and I fucking love me some Rez. I literally hope they release this game forever going forward, it must never be lost.

Thumper - Downloaded it after reading the description. What a fucking GEM of a game. It's a fast paced rhythm game where I think memorisation plays a role, but quick reflexes ever more so.

I don't own PSVR, but I imagine both games are a trip on both. I wish they were PS5 versions because I imagine there's mad things they could do with haptics.

You are missing 3/4 of the experience.

Rez infinite is the only vr game I bought full price twice (PSVR & oculus quest 2) and that's saying something.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Can i add these to my library on the ps5 without downloading? I can only download. I don't want to download, just add to the library. I just clicked download and then cancelled the download everytime lol which is stupid but i didn't see any other option on the play at home menu of the store

Also horizon isn't available yet right?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I got the funimation code but now I have to make a new account because it had to be used when signing up...

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Can i add these to my library on the ps5 without downloading? I can only download. I don't want to download, just add to the library. I just clicked download and then cancelled the download everytime lol which is stupid but i didn't see any other option on the play at home menu of the store

I claimed them all through the app and now I have them in my library, maybe try that?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

If the game only got the 'download' button, it means u already got it in your library prior..maybe you bought it previously

Santerestil

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
By the way, I'm the only one in Italy unable to use the PS servers in this couple of days? They are hammered by downloads or what?

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
I've always wanted to try The Witness, since I like puzzles. So I tried it for like 5 minutes, and didn't like it. Is it all just sliding dot puzzles?

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
It's kind of unreal how many great games are part of this promotion. I don't own any of these (digital) except Abzu (PS) and Enter the Gungeon (Switch).

dose

Oct 29, 2017
Yes, it's utter shite. It often thinks you're logged in because you were in a previous session, but as soon as you try and do something like add to library it throws a shitfit and realises you weren't actually still logged in.
The best easy is to assume you're not properly logged in when you visit and so just log out first to make sure. Terrible.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I've always wanted to try The Witness, since I like puzzles. So I tried it for like 5 minutes, and didn't like it. Is it all just sliding dot puzzles?
The first 5 minutes are super easy. The puzzles get progressively more complex, though. It's one of the best puzzle games I've ever played.