• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Random question but would it be a safe bet that the new regular black ps4 pro stock stores are getting will have the newest hardware as far as fan noise and such go? My main motivation for even seeking out a new one is my current pro sounds like a hovercraft. It's one of the early launch models.

Verdanth

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Random question but would it be a safe bet that the new regular black ps4 pro stock stores are getting will have the newest hardware as far as fan noise and such go? My main motivation for even seeking out a new one is my current pro sounds like a hovercraft. It's one of the early launch models.

I would not bank on that. From what I've been told it's a complete lottary, even the 500 Million ones may boost your fans pretty hard.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
lol, i didn't report it but you're right it was a fuck up and a half by them.

People are paying for the fuck up but also Amazon simply don't have that many consoles, if you look at a large retailer like Game for instance, they had a max of 1-10 per store. they are getting the lions share of the consoles apparently so say every store got 10, that would be 6900 so I would then imagine amazon to get around 3k maximum consoles maybe 4k, then the rest is split between indie stores Very and Currys

Small stores got less, Farnborough got 2 and they had people waiting from 9 for those

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Amazon UK order cancelled of course. Do we have concrete details regarding US preorders?

Information points to U.S orders being a complete cluster fuck as there will not be pre-orders and they simply will go live on the 24th online only. I get the idea of limited edition items, but it really sucks to not have a secure way of getting one. I don't even care about the plate with the number on it, I just like the clear blue color. Almost makes me just say fuck it and not even try after seeing people have legit orders cancelled.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh no Curry cancelations.
Not happened to me...yet.
Hoping it stays, last order I have.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Totally missed the UK pre-orders this morning... I remembered the August 24th date so wasn't really paying attention. Didn't think about the fact orders would be in advance. Life.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people

Yeah I guess any new model would do the trick.
I got a great deal on the CoD WWII + Pro bundle at the end of last year to replace my launch jet-engine Pro and the difference is like night and day.
At least with bundles and special editions you can be sure it's from a brand new production line.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I guess any new model would do the trick.
I got a great deal on the CoD WWII + Pro bundle at the end of last year to replace my launch jet-engine Pro and the difference is like night and day.
At least with bundles and special editions you can be sure it's from a brand new production line.

Well that is a little bit reassuring. I know there is a small way to tell by looking at the model #, but even that's not 100% certain.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I'm usually not that impressed with these special editions but I kinda dig this one. And of course one of the few that I've liked and it'll be hard to get.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My curry's order just got cancelled lmao

Better to have pre ordered and lost than to never have preordered at all.

Just kidding obviously, it's super shitty. These LE consoles create mass hysteria and stress for no other reason than the fact it has a number glued to the front of it. Hope you're able to snag one from another shop.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Well that is a little bit reassuring. I know there is a small way to tell by looking at the model #, but even that's not 100% certain.
Nah, there's no 100% guarantee. One user here made a great topic about the different fan-models being used in the PS4 Pro and how a fans from a certain manufacturer might contribute to unavoidable noise.
For some cleaning dust does the tick, for some replacing the thermal paste does the trick (that didn't do anything for me), so as you can see there are plenty of causes for loud fan noise and unless someone can afford a sample size of several dozens of PS4's there's no way to tell what the overall cause of it is and how to generally prevent it.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
WTF...Both my amazon order and my back up Currys order have been cancelled. What a shitshow!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just think of it this way.

You will not give a damn about this PS4 Pro 500 Million Edition when the PS5 is announced.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Didn't see anything either. Any update?

giphy.gif

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Really frustrated by this. I wouldn't care if I hadn't got an order in. The fact Amazon fucked up and we're suffering for it just rubs me the wrong way.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Totally forgot about this. I kinda want one.

Got a reminder set up for tomorrow at 9:50am, wish me luck boys.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I managed to seal a pre-order form Shopto in the UK this morning, pretty easily to be honest. Pre-orders were due to go up at 10:00 I had mine by 10:08.

Was really pleased as I didn't expect to get one. I'm also (controversially) unsure whether I really want it though. I already have a standard PS4 (in lounge) and a PS4 Pro (in office/gaming room) so I think I may have got a bit over excited. Still I've got 10 days to decide so I'll think on it over the next week.

EDIT: Just seen others getting thier orders cancelled at other retailers, that sucks major balls. :( I wonder if Shopto will pull through?

Last edited:

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
I managed to seal a pre-order form Shopto in the UK this morning, pretty easily to be honest. Pre-orders were due to go up at 10:00 I had mine by 10:08.

Was really pleased as I didn't expect to get one. I'm also (controversially) unsure whether I really want it though. I already have a standard PS4 (in lounge) and a PS4 Pro (in office/gaming room) so I think I may have got a bit over excited. Still I've got 10 days to decide so I'll think on it over the next week.

EDIT: Just seen others getting thier orders cancelled at other retailers, that sucks major balls. :( I wonder if Shopto will pull through?

I'll take it off your hands if I can't get one. PM and we'll take it from there.

Last edited: