• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
Its crazy that this version is going to end up more expensive than the PS4 20th Anniversary edition, even though it was made in a such bigger number.

I'm keeping my two, either way!

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I somehow missed this thread when it was first posted and never heard of this variant. Looks cool, though.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Interesting. I've had an account since '05 and have sold a lot of big money items on eBay and I can't recall the last time someone tried to pull something like that. Wild. lol

Same here. Just sold one of these for a G a week ago and had no issues. You just have to monitor your auction like a hawk, add in bidder restrictions and cancel anyone that has even a slight hint of shadiness about them.

TheLastOne

Oct 25, 2017
Really torn on what to do with mine.

It's really a beautiful console that I'd love to keep, but I know it will just collect dust if I don't sell it.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I still have mine, sealed, never opened. I wanna sell it, but like others, I don't want to be scammed on ebay lol.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I need to stop buying stuff lol. I went in my closet after my last post to get it out and take a picture and I found a sealed box of the gold slim ps4 right beside the 500mil one!!!!

Sellda

Oct 25, 2017
I listed mine a few weeks ago locally and got a ton of low balls and tons of scams ("please ship to me via western union")
eBay scares me with such a huge item so I'm just keeping it for now
But I told my wife the same thing about value and Ps5 haha

sold mine 500M LE on eBay two years ago for $700, luckily no problem.But I definitely paid for the extra signature and delivery confirmation. Also insurance as well.

Also stockx letting you sell this model, if you are worried about eBay. This is a great alternative.

https://stockx.com/sony-playstation-500-million-limited-edition-ps4500mled

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard for me to sell 'em. Again, I don't want to get scammed.
No no, i understand. I call it Scambay for a reason.

I don't even feel comfortable buying from there. And only use it as a last resort, even then. I try to hold off.
My wife is over hear laughing at me saying, "keep looking in the attic, closets, you'll be surprised at how much shit you bought and never sold" LOL
LMAO. She's the best.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I still have mine along with the 20th anniversary edition. I opened both to display them, but never used either. I have zero intentions of selling them. They look so dang good!

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, same here, I've been struggling with the reality of needing to sell mine for the past month! I used this very same excuse with my wife to buy it in the first place: "It'll hold it's value better than a regular PS4 and I can use it to pay for the PS5!"

It's been lovingly used and well taken care of but I have a kid on the way and I ain't made of money, so keeping a stunningly beautiful and fragile collector's edition console would probably not be a wise choice on my part. Absolutely the most beautiful console I've ever owned though. It'll be sad to see it go.

Is Ebay safe and worth it these days, or would I be better off selling it locally on craigslist or something?

It was my reasoning as well. But plot twist: My wife doesn't let me sell it. Just clean it, pack it on the original box and save it for my daughter when she's an adult. It might be worth a bit more and anything.

And I'm okay with this ^_^

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was my reasoning as well. But plot twist: My wife doesn't let me sell it. Just clean it, pack it on the original box and save it for my daughter when she's an adult. It might be worth a bit more and anything.

And I'm okay with this ^_^
Bless. Just from those two things, she sounds like a lovely. You're a very lucky chap.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
I sold mine pretty soon after purchasing it, didn't even open it up. It was kind of an OCD reason for selling it, the transparent glossy finish is absolutely way too delicate to keep it out in the open, and keeping it in the box would just eat me up not being able too look at the beauty. So it was either sell or put it in a hermetically sealed display box, so sell, obviously. I do regret it a bit, as it's the best looking console I've ever seen, but I think it was the best choice considering.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, how did I miss that. What a ridiculous concept.
"We sold X machines so we're making a system with a unique color to celebrate our sales to customers."
Have we ever seen that outside of the gaming industry ? Genuinely asking.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I could only afford the controller for this when it came out, but I do have one of those rare KH3 PS4 Pro consoles so I definitely feel people's pain over selling their 500 mil Pro for a PS5. I have thought long and hard about what to do and I don't think I will sell my Pro. With developers being the ones that have to implement save transfers for PS4 games, I'm worried about certain games not carrying over to the PS5.

I love that Sony made it possible for all saves to be read on the console but they should have never left it to developers to decide to use it or not.

I'm never selling my 500 mil controller, either. I love that thing too much. I have it and a berry blue one and I have a feeling it's going to take Sony forever to make good color variations on their Dualsense.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Have we ever seen that outside of the gaming industry? Genuinely asking.

Off the top of my head, album releases at a certain sales milestones, Air Jordan sneakers at certain thresholds and football shirts over the years.

I don't see what the/your issue is ... 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Xbox doesn't have comparable sales milestones however, they produce stuff like 'Day One' Xbox One and the 'Scorpio Edition' Xbox One X, which is just as daft in all honesty.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I almost regret not keeping this, but ended up deciding to hold the 20th Anniversary edition instead for my collection.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Im thinking about selling mine as well. I was able to get two, so I think I will sell my used one a d keep the sealed.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I sold my day-one PS4 Pro to get this one and have been using it since the day it arrived. I'm keeping mine since it's one of the most beautiful consoles I've ever owned, and as a collector's item it just looks amazing. I still have an unopened controller and headset that are sitting in a friend's basement, but I don't see any reason to sell those in the near future. Maybe if I later have a child and I need to pay for their college.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I'm never going to sell my PS4 pro 500m LE. Compared to my launch pro it is dead silent. I rarely hear the fan at all.
That alone is worth whatever I can get for it on ebay or in my case finn.no :p

I still have my launch pro too next to my PC, it's probably going to my daughters when I get the PS5.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I never get rid of my old consoles unless there's an issue with them (my two previous Pro units...), but this has been fine aside from some coil whine, so I doubt I'd ever sell it.

I've used it every day since I got it along with the 500m headset, although I was afraid of the controller getting scratched, so I kept it in the box and have been using my other dualshocks.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bless. Just from those two things, she sounds like a lovely. You're a very lucky chap.

Oh I am. No doubt.

rwQrH1Y.jpg

XKVpBsY.jpg

This is part of the living room :o. I'm allowed.

^_^

Dec 4, 2018
I've been debating with what to do with my Spider-man PS4 Pro Edition. The red tone of the controller was unique to the system as well. I could not find the controller stand alone and the other red controller is a different red that I don't like. (Looks like ceramic.)

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Such a beautiful system. I kind of regret not buying one but knowing me I would have just left it sealed up in it's box like I already do with my 20th Anniversary PS4. =/ With the shitty state of ebay, I'm not sure when I'm ever going to unload my 20th PS4 (feel like a waste to have it simply just sitting boxed up in the closet).

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I've been trying to sell my, albeit, used one for weeks now and no luck. Even included like 8 games. Still nothing. At this point I probably won't have enough. Like only the console was used. The controller is still new and even then no response.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I've been trying to sell my, albeit, used one for weeks now and no luck. Even included like 8 games. Still nothing. At this point I probably won't have enough. Like only the console was used. The controller is still new and even then no response.
If it's eBay:
Are using the right key words? Like "Limited Edition 1tb PS4 Pro *Rare* + 8 Game Bundle included". Also include lots of pictures. And in the description, just go off with all the details.

I *somehow* managed to sell my Launch PS4 with Infinite Warfare and 1tb HDD pretty quickly. Expected $100 at most, ended up getting more than $200 without free shipping. Even got a nice buyer with 0 feedback.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
If it's eBay:
Are using the right key words? Like "Limited Edition 1tb PS4 Pro *Rare* + 8 Game Bundle included". Also include lots of pictures. And in the description, just go off with all the details.

I *somehow* managed to sell my Launch PS4 with Infinite Warfare and 1tb HDD pretty quickly. Expected $100 at most, ended up getting more than $200 without free shipping. Even got a nice buyer with 0 feedback.
Yeah I made sure to include pics of the original box and everything. I even pointed out which games come with their cases and which don't. Still nothing. Its frustrating.

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Such a beautiful system. I kind of regret not buying one but knowing me I would have just left it sealed up in it's box like I already do with my 20th Anniversary PS4. =/ With the shitty state of ebay, I'm not sure when I'm ever going to unload my 20th PS4 (feel like a waste to have it simply just sitting boxed up in the closet).
Sold mine yesterday as it was just taking space for no reason sealed up, will be a long time before they will be worth anything, the 20th million PS1 sells for around £6000.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Sold mine yesterday as it was just taking space for no reason sealed up, will be a long time before they will be worth anything, the 20th million PS1 sells for around £6000.
I know it will take years before they are really worth a lot of money. I actually just looked now on ebay and I was a bit impressed that they are going for a bit more now then they were before. For a while they dropped down to $700-$800 which was a drop off from the $1k peak they did near release. I see now they're back north of $1k again which isn't too bad actually.

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Managed to sell mine, Covered the cost of my PS5. Kinda sad to see it go it was beautiful but needed the cash.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017

If you look at sold listings on eBay they go for a little over a grand. There is one sold listings for $6k but it is VGA graded and got relisted so that buyer never paid.