• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
everyone is stuck inside and they are making us wait. I want one new tidbit everyday until I can preorder a XSX

Last edited:

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has fable been confirmed or is it all blind hype ?

There's been enough smoke about it over the years that it's all but guaranteed. Also a few years ago Giant Bomb had Phil Spencer on their E3 show. They had "Fable?" written on their blackboard. Phil joked on air about there being something on the board and refusing to look at it.

Feels like a open secret at this point.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
1556877563-01ad8263-00b1-405a-b30d-b405b7f0d412.jpeg

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I can't wait to see next gen games. I'm particularly excited to see Halo Infinite. I rewatch the 2 Halo Infinite trailers quite regularly. Unrelated but the end of the 2019 trailer makes me want a 3rd person Halo game

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I relaly hope they don't mess up the new Fable. There's potential for it to be something special but so much precedent with previous Fable games and Microsoft's recent releases for them to mess it up that I'm quite warry

I trust in Playground. Especially since they can get input and feedback from experienced devs like Obsidian and InXile. You bring in Feargus or Brian Fargo to give feedback and those dudes know RPGs.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Sounds like May's the month for opening the next gen floodgates!

I'm very curious to see what MS' studios can bring forward. Quite a few are still wildcards.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Phil needs to acquire some Japanese and South Korean studios. Give Igarashi a bag of money and get him to make Bloodstained 3D.

EBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Fable always had that King's Quest vibe I remember fondly from childhood. Hoping for something from this world.

SoT was a great unique MP experience, I would love to see something fresh again that I can play with friends.

I hope I don't see any Zombie games, I'm zombied out.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Sony drop them reveals on the system now. Cmon you fools!!! What are you waiting for!!!???

MS bring the fire as usual. Spencer and team have been on a roll lately. Really excited to see their plans.

Apr 16, 2020
Has fable been confirmed or is it all blind hype ?
It hasn't been confirmed, but it is far from blind. What is confirmed is that British studio, Playground Games is developing an open world fantasy RPG. Phil has been confronted with it several times, and without going into detail, almost behaved as if he intentionally wanted people to think it is fable.

TL;Dr: it's Fable.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
This is what I think we're going to seeing over the new few months where to comes to next gen info:

May
1st Xbox digital event: XSX games blow out with games running on XSX hardware and showcases of how games will use the XSX hardware
Tear down of PS5 hardware showcasing its cooling solution and the final look of the console.

June
2nd Xbox digital event: Debut of the XSS (aka "Lockhart"), Launch dates and pricing for the XSS and XSX, more game showcases
State of Play from Sony showing off the PS5 with games running on final hardware, launch date and launch price reveal

Does this seem reasonable?

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I think we're going to seeing over the new few months where to comes to next gen info:

May
1st Xbox digital event: XSX games blow out with games running on XSX hardware and showcases of how games will use the XSX hardware
Tear down of PS5 hardware showcasing its cooling solution and the final look of the console.

June
2nd Xbox digital event: Debut of the XSS (aka "Lockhart"), Launch dates and pricing for the XSS and XSX, more game showcases
State of Play from Sony showing off the PS5 with games running on final hardware, launch date and launch price reveal

Does this seem reasonable?

I don't see PS doing two things back to back months

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Console Warring
I don't see PS doing two things back to back months
The State of Play in June will be the big coming out party of the PS5. The tear down in May can be done via YT video and posted on social media like the Dual Sense. I totally see Sony just dropping a YT video showing off the insides of the PS5 and its final design on a random Tuesday morning in May. Dropping significant news on a random Tuesday has been Sony's modus operandi when it comes to PR for a while now.

Last edited:

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
So basically copying the Nintendo approach by being forthcoming about content and when we can expect to see stuff revealed/released. I like that.

Nov 4, 2017
Unpopular Opinion: I want Microsoft to show us everything they've got in the pipeline.....even the shit that won't see the light of day for another two or three years. I just want to be left completely gobsmacked.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Unpopular Opinion: I want Microsoft to show us everything they've got in the pipeline.....even the shit that won't see the light of day for another two or three years. I just want to be left completely gobsmacked.
That's not an unpopular opinion at all. That was pretty much part of the feedback the Xbox team received. People want to feel confident in their content pipeline - and this includes announcing projects early, just like the competition is doing it for many years already.

It's exactly the way they are heading towards and they even started doing so already with Everwild by Rare, Senua's Saga: Hellblade II by Ninja Theory or even Age of Empires IV by The World's Edge/Relic, three games that are still in rather early to mid-development. If an Xbox first-party studio is confident enough in showing something, you'll see it rather sooner than later.