• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The interview will feature Persona 5 Royal Producer Kazuhisa Wada, Director Daiki Itoh, and Character Designer Shigenori Soejima revealing brand new information.

Kazuhisa Wada took over the role of overseeing the
Personaseries in 2016 as Katsura Hoshino now works on Studio Zero's projects. Daiki Itoh previously directed Persona 4 Golden on PS Vita.

SOURCE

Given that Persona 4 Golden is literally the best game in the series, and improved upon the vanilla game to a ridiculous degree, this fills me with a ridiculous amount of hope and hype alike for Persona 5 Royal.

Deleted member 54320

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
SOURCE

Given that Persona 4 Golden is literally the best game in the series, and improved upon the vanilla game to a ridiculous degree, this fills me with a ridiculous amount of hope and hype alike for Persona 5 Royal.
Best game in the series? I only ever finished the 5th game and will be streaming the 4th one tonight. Here's hoping I'll love it!

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kasumi has a much larger role than Marie and they're adding time in the same style as Golden.

This is infinitely better than if Hashino handled it.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Great choice! Good news! Even though I wished the extra content comes as a DLC for P5 owners but I'll take more Persona

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
SOURCE

Given that Persona 4 Golden is literally the best game in the series, and improved upon the vanilla game to a ridiculous degree
Wew.
I really don't know about that. There are problems I had in Golden that were never issues in the original game.
I think the graphics might be the only straight up improvement. Otherwise the rest is debatable.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The guy that put Marie?
Yikes.

Something tells me marie isn't as hated as a few people make out. What are the chances of the internet blowing something out of proportion though? IT's just not something that happens.

Changes to the base game ala goldens can only be an improvement anyway. Hopefully kasumi and the third semester are meaningful additions, given a common complaint is that the game is a bit bloated anyway. Particularly the third semester might allow haru some time in the Limelight and not just as a background decoration after her dungeon right near the end. Shan't be getting my hopes up on that front though.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wew.
I really don't know about that. There are problems I had in Golden that were never issues in the original game.
I think the graphics might be the only straight up improvement. Otherwise the rest is debatable.
I can't think of anything I preferred in vanilla.

Better gameplay.

Choosing inherited skills.

Bonus dungeon.(I liked it)

More fun social events.

Better Chie.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Maybe with Hashino not involved in a major way (if at all), there may be a better chance of the homophobic bullshit being removed.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wew.
Expanded soundtrack, more events, more time, a new dungeon, new social links, two new endings, mechanical improvements including to Social Links, as well as to fusion and inheritance... there's literally zero reason to prefer the vanilla game over Golden.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
I can't think of anything I preferred in vanilla.

Better gameplay.

Choosing inherited skills.

Bonus dungeon.(I liked it)

More fun social events.

Better Chie.

I prefer the old Shuffle Time as it was way more interactive. Also having the potential of an upside down card really made you make some tough choices. Really didn't care for how P4G changed it and as a result when I replay P4 I do it Vanilla.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Wew.
It really isn't debatable in any sane way. The only way I can see people debating in that regard is with super small bizarre hang up.
I prefer the old Shuffle Time as it was way more interactive. Also having the potential of an upside down card really made you make some tough choices. Really didn't care for how P4G changed it and as a result when I replay P4 I do it Vanilla.
Oh, case in point.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Good bye and good riddance Hashino. (Even though he's still on re-Fantasy)

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I never once thought Marie was pushed down your throat at all in P4G. In fact, I never finished her social link because I had no idea she was that important to the game lol.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Golden is also my favorite game in the series so I am pretty hype about this as well. Here is hoping the pacing is a bit better.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
P4G is more of a mixed bag than people say. Many of the gameplay additions are certainly welcome (choosing inherited skills in fusion is a huge one, as is being able to extend buffs/debuffs), but the game balance is way messed up due to the changes (Rise's new skills are game-breakingly OP), the epilogue is not great, many of the new scenes are kind of bad or fanservicey, Time To Make History is a major downgrade as a battle theme, the new All Out Attack art is straight-up worse, the extra time at the end messes with the pacing, and while I have a soft spot for her, Marie's social link is pretty bad. Most of the best parts of P4G are just that, well, it's P4.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Maybe with Hashino not involved in a major way (if at all), there may be a better chance of the homophobic bullshit being removed.

iEoNKDj.jpg

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
It really isn't debatable in any sane way. The only way I can see people debating in that regard is with super small bizarre hang up.

Oh, case in point.
Are you arguing that Shuffle Time in Persona 4 is "super small"? Literally the way you acquire new Persona and potentially refill HP/SP? It's not small at all. It's at the end of most battles. Attempting to belittle my point just makes you look foolish.

Kill me for liking the various minigames and having it actually be a game and not just be still cards on a screen with no mystery or surprise.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if they put the effort into female protagonists instead of Maries.

Regardless, the most important piece of information from this is that Hashino wil be hands off for this, so we don't have to worry about the new character being a sexist faux-pau (design aside...).
It's not like Hashino is a singularity whose absence fixes all problems.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
lol
Have you ever met an emotionsl high schooler??

I don't think people mind poetry in general. In fact, I KNOW some incredibly talented poets that are in high school today. The problem is that this wasn't.... good. If that's the point, then it's just a painful experience for the player.

I do wonder why some people DO consider them good (please enlighten me). But then again, even 10 years later, we have people thinking Loveless from Crisis Core is peak poetry. I don't know what to say.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
P4G is more of a mixed bag than people say. Many of the gameplay additions are certainly welcome (choosing inherited skills in fusion is a huge one, as is being able to extend buffs/debuffs), but the game balance is way messed up due to the changes (Rise's new skills are game-breakingly OP), the epilogue is not great, many of the new scenes are kind of bad or fanservicey, Time To Make History is a major downgrade as a battle theme, the new All Out Attack art is straight-up worse, the extra time at the end messes with the pacing, and while I have a soft spot for her, Marie's social link is pretty bad. Most of the best parts of P4G are just that, well, it's P4.
I mean I pretty much disagree with everything you said. Other then making the game easier which it does but I don't consider that a negative inherently.