• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buy or rent?

• Purchase the game

Votes: 107 24.4%
  • Subscribe to Origin Premier

Votes: 161 36.8%
  • I'll buy it on console

Votes: 53 12.1%
  • I don't plan/not sure on playing the game

Votes: 117 26.7%

• Total voters

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I'm going the premier route. Already got it for battlefield V and I want to try out NFS. And then once my year laps and if I dont want to keep it but I want to own jedi I'm sure by then it'll be stupidly cheap

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Signed up for a year of Premier last week, already enjoying it. It's a small investment for a year for all the games you get access to.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was a broken record when Anthem came out to just spend $15 on Premier and just play a month instead of buy it. Saved a good chunk of money not going "all in" with a purchase.

There's even more of a reason to just pay $15 for Star Wars. Once it's done, it's done. Plus you get other EA games to play during that month so it's a pretty nice deal.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wait, there's no premier thing on PS4? I was so sure I was going to play fallen order for like 10 moneys. Disappointed!

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Already subbed to Origin Premier, playing NFS Heat. I'll probably be done with Jedi in a week then move onto Shenmue 3. I don't replay games so there's no incentive for me to actually buy it.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
After Premiere saved me from Anthem I'm definitely doing the same for this.

Nothing I've seen for this game hasn't looked generic.

Leonadar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not big into EA games lately, so I'll probably just buy it. Might wait for a sale since I have enough in the backlog as it is.

Cytezan

Oct 29, 2017
Already have a year of premier so no brainer really. If it ends up being really good ill probably buy it again on steam when they have a sale.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for reviews, then I'll buy on Steam based on the reviews.

I believe in Respawn though, and the game's looked amazing so far, so there's a real high likelihood of me buying it on Steam day 1.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Not decided yet but I really can't believe I'm actually seriously considering subscribing to Premier for a month to play it (and probably others while the subscription lasts, namely the Unravel games and NFS: Heat).

I'm really against subscription services but if it turns out that the game is good, paying a month of Premier is a so much better deal than the ridiculous £55 EA is charging for the standard edition.

If I do sub to play it and I like it I'll buy it to own later in a Steam sale.

whistleklik

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Definitely gonna get the sub, you can't really beat 15 bucks. It's respawn and star wars so it can't be too bad. Why buy it for 60 or more when you can just pay 15 to play it?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I have the Premier till March so no reason to buy the game. If I really like it I'll buy some merch or some fancy edition later.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I am planning to subscribe to Origin Premier for a month. There's nothing else on there that's of interest to me, so a month is all they'll get.

EA really need frequent content to sustain a subscription service.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Purchased it. Gotta support singleplayer Star Wars games. I just wish they had announced it was coming to Steam earlier. It's 14 days before launch but I don't have the option to refund the pre-order on Origin.

Mar 22, 2019
PS4 in for day1 those trophies...then will likely double-dip in the steam Christmas sale depending on if I enjoy it...I tend to buy dark-souls like games on ps4 to get the completion and pc if available for the visuals...yeah.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
Buying the One X version. Was thinking about Steam, but I think I saw confirmation that it won't have achievements at launch.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I am planning to subscribe to Origin Premier for a month. There's nothing else on there that's of interest to me, so a month is all they'll get.

EA really need frequent content to sustain a subscription service.
There is frequent content. Games are added each month. The quality though, well that's debatable:

November:
  • November 5
    • Need for Speed™Heat Play First Trial (Basic)
    • Need for Speed™Heat Deluxe Edition (Premier)
  • November 15
    • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™(Premier)
  • November 21
    • Little Misfortune (Premier)
    • Tropico 6
    • Mutant Year Zero
    • SINNER: Sacrifice for Redemption
    • Tacoma
    • For the King