• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely going to get a Premier sub for Fallen Order.

Best thing about these subscription services.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
At this point, you'd get one sooner by pre-ordering Fallen Order. :p

I've only seen a couple trailers of that game, so I don't really know much about the story or tutorial section, but I BET you get a lightsaber real quick in that game. Like within 5 minutes or something.

I'm almost off the tutorial planet in KOTOR. In a game with really dodgy voice acting, I have to say the actor for Bastila is horrendous! Yikes.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
There is nothing funnier to me than Epic trying to slice into the Steam pie and a bunch of publishers jumping back on Steam at the same time lol

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There is nothing funnier to me than Epic trying to slice into the Steam pie and a bunch of publishers jumping back on Steam at the same time lol

makes sense business wise. You have a business who you didn't have negotiation power with a few years ago. Now they have a business who is maybe shaking up their way of doing things or at least making them rethink some things , so now you approach them given things are different than before and potentially
Now you're able to come to an agreement that makes more sense for both sides.

not too mention businesses aren't static , people leading efforts come and go with their own thoughts and ideas on how to grow their areas of focus. Sometimes it's just a change of leadership.

pretty typical in business.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
makes sense business wise. You have a business who you didn't have negotiation power with a few years ago. Now they have a business who is maybe shaking up their way of doing things or at least making them rethink some things , so now you approach them given things are different than before and potentially
Now you're able to come to an agreement that makes more sense for both sides.

not too mention businesses aren't static , people leading efforts come and go with their own thoughts and ideas on how to grow their areas of focus. Sometimes it's just a change of leadership.

pretty typical in business.
I think an important thing is also a move to subscriptions. Once your main target of revenue is getting subscription, people paying full price for your games isnt that important compared to getting your brand name out there to get more subscriptions.

May 30, 2018
Question- is there any sort of tool or function to create Publisher/Developer collections in Steam, maybe especially after the latest beta library redesign? Would be great to be able to have a "Valve" dynamic collection or "SEGA", etc etc

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
How do you get to be an Alienware Arena lvl 2 member?

Seems the quests you need to do are a US only thing.

Wanna play the Outer Wilds. DL'd the Xbox app, do I go for Gamepass PC or Gamepass Ultimate, both are the same price (1 buck)

May 30, 2018
One more question, sorry. Is there any sort of must-have/go-to keybind "translation layer" that will let me easily rebind mouse and keyboard button settings on the fly? The Outer Worlds via PC Game Pass is not saving my keybindings between sessions for some reason and it would be nice to just have a tool that lets me load up a profile (maybe via overlay?) without having to customize my Razer and Logitech devices separately. I realize this may be a goofy question.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna say.. Lonely Mountain: Downhill is cute AF and fun, and frustrating all at the same time lol. I swear.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine EA giving a month away of Origin Access for November if you sign up for 2FA in October, then suddenly killing Origin before it starts.

I know that doesn't make sense, but I would love that.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Pre-emptive gif response to the official announcement:

AcFaJug.gif
how long have you been saying it?

like 4 years now? you always kept faith lol

i lost my 'mcc will come to PC in five years' by a few months because of these delays :(

with stuff on these subscriptions it makes so much sense to just release full versions everywhere if people want to give you 60 bucks. practically just free money

Oct 25, 2017
Contagion Carrion demo is really really fun. The sound effects while you are just crawling around as a mass of eyes and tentacles is such an instantaneous and satisfying feedback lol.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
At first i was glad to hear about the EA rumors but then i remembered that i haven't cared about their games in a long time. I only want Titanfall 2.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
how long have you been saying it?

like 4 years now? you always kept faith lol

It took me a while, but I'm kindasorta sure this post marked the beginning of my scepticism.

Edit: Oh, wait, maybe this post.

lol. Stepping out of lurking to just give you a round of applause for this. :D
You deserve all the props for never giving up on belief.

❤️

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Finally remembered to play the demo for One Step From Eden. It's Battle Network x Slay the Spire and seems pretty good? Release on January and mod support confirmed too. Gonna try to beat the demo's milestones on the next couple days.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have Outer Worlds downloaded and ready to go but I am so caught up in The Turing Effect right now I just want to clear it. I wholeheartedly recommend this game for anyone who loved Portal for the puzzle-side of the game rather than the humour. The horror aspect is just phenomenal and I love the whole concept of turning the concept of Turing Effect/Chinese Room into a game, it works so fucking well.

Thanks to those commenting about Humble Monthly, I'll sub and keep it active until November when they showcase the new model. Also it'd make sense for EA to go Steam, especially with Apex Legends. The saturation that game would have will be just nuts.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
is your name Woolie perchance

No, it's Kitano Kusanagi. I'm a scoundrel. I don't like talking about my past. Sure, I've dabbled in smuggling here and there, and maybe people who crossed me got hurt bad. But anyone I hurt in the past had it coming. Just like those sith guards on Taris. A planet I've been stuck on for almost 20 hours. I can barely remember why I'm here. I remember seeing a poster of a game called KOTOR and I counted at least two lightsabers on it. 16 hours. Haven't touched one yet. Maybe they don't exist. Just a bunch of hocus pocus. Maybe all a guy needs is a trusty blaster pistol. I dunno. I asked the twi'lek whore I sleep with these days, but she tells me to stop dreaming. I got money stashed away, she says we should go. I tell her there's a sith blockade and she needs to stop drinking Tarisian ale so much, but that just gets me the silent treatment.

Anyway, Bastila just texted me. Says she heard about a Mandalorian who knows a guy who knows a guy who can get us off this rock. We'll see. I just wish I stopped dreaming about lightsabers all the time. It's the hope of seeing one that hurts so bad even Tarisian ale can't blunt it.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The Windowsapps folder is weeeeird. Have two 40gb folders in there, but only one of them "counts" towards space taken up on my drive. Maybe this is why Windows didn't want me poking in there.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of additional server depencies, like Origin, in games I buy on Steam. But if I could add my Origin games to Steam, then I at least wouldn't keep forgetting that I have them.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
IIp6e2N.png

pfjTxzc.png

Now this was a really fun playthrough. No powers, no objective markers, no problems. It makes for a very interesting time as you have to rely entirely on the environment to get around and know where you're going, and the game is designed to enable you to do that. It's a bit easier if you've played the game a few times already. But still, good fun. Much easier with quick save and quick load and bodies being detected not counting as being spotted though!

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At first i was glad to hear about the EA rumors but then i remembered that i haven't cared about their games in a long time. I only want Titanfall 2.
I feel the only EA games that would interest me would be... the Sims???
Which I never buy because I don't see it on the store I visit, so there's no risk of impulse-buy. That would actually be quite a risk for me if they bring it on Steam.
Ah, also, if they ever do a normal Plant vs Zombie or Peggle again, but that's probably never going to happen.
Or a normal Dungon Keeper, but that's not happening either, and War for the Overworld filled that hole. Sim City is so dead and outclassed that I wouldn't care for anything at this point.
So, yeah, just The Sims for me.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017

I haven't bought an EA game in ages. The last one was Battlefield IV. I think that in the long run abandoning steam was not a good decision.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
IIp6e2N.png

pfjTxzc.png

Now this was a really fun playthrough. No powers, no objective markers, no problems. It makes for a very interesting time as you have to rely entirely on the environment to get around and know where you're going, and the game is designed to enable you to do that. It's a bit easier if you've played the game a few times already. But still, good fun. Much easier with quick save and quick load and bodies being detected not counting as being spotted though!

Nice! I enjoyed playing without objective markers too. Playing with them makes most games too easy.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
With Dishonoured 2 down, figured I'd spend today playing Spec Ops: The Line again. I mean since COD has gone back to the modern era, it's only fitting to return to the game that should have killed that franchise and the rest of the military shooter genre stone dead, or at least made them think about what they were doing.

FKL4NlY.png

This intro of the sandswept Dubai landscape, American flag upside down and full of holes, Jimi Hendrix's version of The Star Spangled Banner playing, it's a hell of an opening screen. I especially love this shot near the beginning, with the 'Special Guest' credit line.

EtMNb4U.png

Another thing I love about the intro is how clearly they set out the squad's specific orders on what they're here in Dubai to do, and how instantly they go beyond their orders.. and how it makes perfect logical sense to do so. Of course you'd want to dive in to try to save lives, save American lives. Makes perfect sense.

nsMRTot.png
EvWNhQp.png

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's Kitano Kusanagi. I'm a scoundrel. I don't like talking about my past. Sure, I've dabbled in smuggling here and there, and maybe people who crossed me got hurt bad. But anyone I hurt in the past had it coming. Just like those sith guards on Taris. A planet I've been stuck on for almost 20 hours. I can barely remember why I'm here. I remember seeing a poster of a game called KOTOR and I counted at least two lightsabers on it. 16 hours. Haven't touched one yet. Maybe they don't exist. Just a bunch of hocus pocus. Maybe all a guy needs is a trusty blaster pistol. I dunno. I asked the twi'lek whore I sleep with these days, but she tells me to stop dreaming. I got money stashed away, she says we should go. I tell her there's a sith blockade and she needs to stop drinking Tarisian ale so much, but that just gets me the silent treatment.

Anyway, Bastila just texted me. Says she heard about a Mandalorian who knows a guy who knows a guy who can get us off this rock. We'll see. I just wish I stopped dreaming about lightsabers all the time. It's the hope of seeing one that hurts so bad even Tarisian ale can't blunt it.
😂

Status
Not open for further replies.