• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
So Dark souls series is not on sale in an event with souls like category. Hmm. Maybe they haven't updated it yet.

I was hoping for this sale as they were not on sale for golden week sales.
The games haven't been discounted since the servers went offline.

I doubt they'll be part of any sales until the online functionality has been restored.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Thanks for the thread Uzzy, I'll be getting the Overlord DLC for Stellaris.

Sorta liking Dune Spice Wars. Simple, but decent for EA.

1 gift from eZipsis

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from eZipsis eZipsis!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Origin Origin: Dead Space 2 - Won by Amir Amir (4 entries)

3 gifts from SteveWinwood

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from SteveWinwood SteveWinwood!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

SteveWinwood said:

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Heaven's Vault - Won by admataY admataY (10 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Won by statha (22 entries)
  • Steam Steam: XCOM: Chimera Squad - Won by CommodoreKong CommodoreKong (15 entries)

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I'm thinking about picking up AI Somnium Files and the Danganronpa trilogy. I have played the first two Danganronpas but not Danganronpa 3 or AI.

Would anyone strongly recommend them? I am a little hesitant on AI Somnium because I replayed the first two Zero escape games a year or two ago and my perspective on them completely flipped negatively.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Humble Choice May 2022 leak - we know all games included! - gg.deals
  • Planet Zoo
  • Command & Conquer: Remastered Collection
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
  • If Found...
  • Embr
  • Genesis Noir
  • Surviving The Aftermath
  • Spellcaster University

ffcb9b5f3c9f247e569635233f9c41a9d8ee_1216xt.jpg
Not bad, most of the games are on my wishlist. Though I assume Command and Conquer is an Origins key.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Loot River is out on Gamepass, strangely ahead of the Steam release (well, maybe not so strange, I guess Steam release times are more strict).

Anyway, let's try this tetris souls like then :3

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Ooo. Good month. In for Planet Zoo and C&C.

Loot River is out on Gamepass, strangely ahead of the Steam release (well, maybe not so strange, I guess Steam release times are more strict).

I've seen videos and it seems to combine two flavors I love, but I'm not sure I quite get what it's trying to do. Are you supposed to largely avoid enemies or engage them? If you could check, it'd also be nice to know if screen shake can be reduced or disabled.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Once a game has been approved for release, the dev can launch it whenever they want (it's literally just a matter of pressing a big green button), but Valve does recommend doing so during its business hours so there's someone at the wheel in case something goes wrong, which can (and often does) lead to the Steam version being the last to unlock.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ooo. Good month. In for Planet Zoo and C&C.

I've seen videos and it seems to combine two flavors I love, but I'm not sure I quite get what it's trying to do. Are you supposed to largely avoid enemies or engage them? If you could check, it'd also be nice to know if screen shake can be reduced or disabled.

you can disable screen shake. in fact, it has a bunch of accessibility options, which is a very welcome trend in games lately.

it's a rogue-like so it's really up to you if you want to engage or not. Do I fully clear early levels for goodies when its easier, or do I blast through them to get to the later ones, the old roguelike-conundrum.

Combat is total Souls-like (with no stamina tho which is weird?), LB and RT for light and heavy attacks, B for Parry, A for dodging. You always carry 2 weapons (also chest, head armor and 3 rings). Weapon types I've seen so far are a standard sword and a spear which you start with, a 2h axe which I unlocked and a 2h sword which I have no unlocked, the 2h sword seems to have a unique passive where you can dodge OUT of attacks, which I want to get asap lol.

You unlock the weapons in your skill tree, which then populates the runs with them as usual for these games. Enemies drop gear and weapons, weapons can have spells on them (not your starting ones, at least not for now, probably something you unlock like "start with a higher lvl weapon").

The traversal is of course the most unique aspect, sicne you basically play on top of tetris blocks I guess, and you move around like some sort of maze-like giant sliding puzzle (in fact sometimes you need to figure out how to "fit" your platforms somewhere you want to go). Its weird to explain but feels immediatly intuitive when you play it (right stick controls the platforms). You can do stuff like move a platform next to another one with enemies, get 1 enemy to step on it and then move it away so you only deal with 1 enemy.

Then you start getting into stuff like, some paltforms catch on fire (and yes fire spreads if they are next to another) and after the fire dies down, you cannot move them anymore (as I find out earlier when I wanted to backtrack to see if there was treasure). There are also enemies that lock your paltforms into place which are super annoying lol.

Oh you find modifiers as drops, which you can then apply to your runs, for example I found a modifier that removes spears from the loot table, but makes spear guys stronger. Oh and the potion / estus flask system is pretty neat, you have 4 potions and you find an alchemist at the end of each level and you can give him as many options as you want, and he will double them when you find him again. so it's a risk reward thing where you can dump your potions in the early level(s) to have more for the later ones. Hell I just got through the first lvl real quick in a run and I didnt use any, so I could have dumped all the potions on him (and should have). Strangely enough I haven't seen any bosses yes, besides the one at the start of the game that kills you and sends you to the hub in typical souls fashion.

Thats about what I can say from the 1 hour or so I played. Seems super well crafted, unlike something like Unsouled which I quickly uninstalled.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Speaking of EGS games, this one's coming to Steam this month.

Looks good!

Candylion

Aug 24, 2020
Oooh nice, I've been waiting for the Steam drop of Old World. Two weeks gives me a little time to recover from the Koei Tecmo sale, too. 😅

VeuillezPLP

Oct 28, 2017
France
Ok review embargo on Citizen Sleeper is lifted.

This is another fantastic game from Gareth Damian Martin (In Other Waters), the writing is top notch, the gameplay is original and really reminiscent of a tabletop RPG.

You are a sleeper, a former human with a transformed body and you managed to escape a dreadful fate.
You arrive in a circular space station and you have to survive by makinf friends, foes and get some paid jobs in order to pay food and gain access to new areas of the station.

You have dices with different values allowing you to perform certain actions. the higher the value of the dice is, better will be the outcome of the action.
It can be good, neural or bad...

You have a stamina jauge and an energy jauge that you have to refill either by repairing yourself or by eating.

You have different thresholds based on your stamina which allows you to have a specfic number of dices.
Less stamina means less dices you get after a rest.

You can choose 3 perks at the start of the game which gives you specific bonuses on certain action types.

The game is really good at telling a story and getting the feeling of being an outsider in a brand new world.

At certain times, you will get to know local folks and you will have to select different lines od dialogue.
This will determine your relationship with them and decide your reputation with different organizations.
I won't go into too much details on the story but this is really really good.

The graphics are nice but the work of Guillaume Singelin is top tier.
The soundtrack is mind blowing and I can't wait to buy it on Bancamp tbh.

This is a straight 10/10 for me just like In Other Waters.

TLDR, play this game asap.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

This is another fantastic game from Gareth Damian Martin (In Other Waters), the writing is top notch, the gameplay is original and really reminiscent of a tabletop RPG.

You are a sleeper, a former human with a transformed body and you managed to escape a dreadful fate.
You arrive in a circular space station and you have to survive by makinf friends, foes and get some paid jobs in order to pay food and gain access to new areas of the station.

You have dices with different values allowing you to perform certain actions. the higher the value of the dice is, better will be the outcome of the action.
It can be good, neural or bad...

You have a stamina jauge and an energy jauge that you have to refill either by repairing yourself or by eating.

You have different thresholds based on your stamina which allows you to have a specfic number of dices.
Less stamina means less dices you get after a rest.

You can choose 3 perks at the start of the game which gives you specific bonuses on certain action types.

The game is really good at telling a story and getting the feeling of being an outsider in a brand new world.

At certain times, you will get to know local folks and you will have to select different lines od dialogue.
This will determine your relationship with them and decide your reputation with different organizations.
I won't go into too much details on the story but this is really really good.

The graphics are nice but the work of Guillaume Singelin is top tier.
The soundtrack is mind blowing and I can't wait to buy it on Bancamp tbh.

This is a straight 10/10 for me just like In Other Waters.

TLDR, play this game asap.

Now this sounds really promising.

Oct 25, 2017

can't really tell how replayable it is based on your review but it does sound good? the tabletop / perk elements make me think it's replayable, but the potential story makes it sound like it's only worth playing through once

VeuillezPLP

Oct 28, 2017
France
I played with 2 different characters but the gameplay didn't differ much since you can modify your perks later in the game after clearing missions.

You gain one upgrade token for each completed mission.
The first upgrades need one upgrade point but tier 2 perks need 2 upgrade points per upgrade.

I'll do a proper written review later this day in french for our website but you can find a pretty good review on polygon atm.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
unknown.png

How do you sell 38m copies of Tomb Raider games and that be considered a flop.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
unknown.png

I dont think they were considered outright flops. Otherwise they wouldn't have made 2 more. And they've been working on a new one for a while now.
But yeah, all sorts of mismangement. SOTTR costing like 130m usd was quite ridiculous too, the game isnt exactly a flagship AAA title.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
unknown.png

Apparently the operating costs of those studios are insanely high so they had minimal profit margins despite the good sales.

Why that is the case, though, I don't know. COL in Montreal isn't nearly as high as in California, Seattle or other places with prominent devs. I suspect there was some ghastly mismanagement going on.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've seen some people argue that means these IPs aren't worth much, but honestly I feel if you can't make money off an IP like Tomb Raider that's probably more on you.

I think Embracer is in a much better position to make money off a bunch of these IPs.

Also:

New DLC for Furi coming may 13th

Last edited:

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Decided to pick this month's Humble Bundle up. Always wanted to check out Planet Zoo and the majority of the other games are interesting enough as well. Shame about the origin key again, but it is what it is.

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
i wasnt crazy about in other waters (maybe i didnt give it enough in a chance), but citizen sleeper looks amazing

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
i know it's tuesday, so it might just be maintenance woes, but steam isn't showing the purchase button for some games. hope that fixes itself soon

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Seem to have messed up my computer by replacing the CPU fan.

My old one was barely working anymore, so I took it out and installed the new one, but when I turned it on I'm not getting any video out. No motherboard BIOS, no Windows boot up, just a black screen.

All the fans are working fine, so everything seems to be getting power (2 case fans, the new CPU fan, the GPU fan, and everything connected to USB ports), but nothing else seems to be working.

I tried remoting into my PC with Moonlight in case maybe it was an HDMI issue, but that's not seeing my PC on the network either (even though the ether net port is plugged in).

I checked the CPU and the pins and they all seemed fine, so I'm at a loss for what happened. Maybe I forgot to ground myself and fried the CPU, but wouldn't the motherboard boot to bios if that was the case? Maybe the motherboard is fried, but then why are all the fans and usb ports getting power?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Loot River seems neat from the little I played. Not sure I'll stick with it, but it's an interesting concept. It all felt a little slower than I wanted it to be, and the controls took some getting used to.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Seem to have messed up my computer by replacing the CPU fan.

My old one was barely working anymore, so I took it out and installed the new one, but when I turned it on I'm not getting any video out. No motherboard BIOS, no Windows boot up, just a black screen.

All the fans are working fine, so everything seems to be getting power (2 case fans, the new CPU fan, the GPU fan, and everything connected to USB ports), but nothing else seems to be working.

I tried remoting into my PC with Moonlight in case maybe it was an HDMI issue, but that's not seeing my PC on the network either (even though the ether net port is plugged in).

I checked the CPU and the pins and they all seemed fine, so I'm at a loss for what happened. Maybe I forgot to ground myself and fried the CPU, but wouldn't the motherboard boot to bios if that was the case? Maybe the motherboard is fried, but then why are all the fans and usb ports getting power?

Dead display? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.