• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Oldie but goldie

bda6ytHNXeBn78qRotV_RkRLRBvj5cGsNvnWBhoeTtc.jpg
leave boogie alone

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
"(You know how we used to access all our games from a single place? We walked over to our bookshelves.)"

lmao
Back in mah day I had to walk 15 miles in snow to get my pc games. If we just forget everything that happened in the last 10 years, which is the time point that EGS takes us back, we would still be better, so it's just a mild inconvenience.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So how does the Borderlands GOTY free upgrade work?

I have the base version, so I'll just wait until April 3rd? But there's already a GOTY edition listed in the store page. It's kind of confusing.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I went to the New Blood booth at PAX to play the upcoming Amid Evil level. Visually it's like nothing I've ever seen in another game. Really cool. Still needs a bit of polishing for making it clearer where to go, but it's super solid. If you're at PAX and are caught up on the game go take a look. Otherwise, anticipate the release. It's cool.

Also, 3D Realms' new Quake-like, Wrath, was a good start. Not as interesting looking visually in the level they demoed, but the movement and guns felt great. Look forward to it.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017
Do they not realize this makes them look even more like a paid mouthpiece for Epic?
At this point I don't think they care.
"'We have a feeling this'll be a heated one"... well, you wouldn't know that going by their articles since they *all* downplay the complaints and say everything is great with EGS.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
GOG is now selling Warcraft I and II.

I couldn't not buy it.

Maybe I'll finally beat the campaign in Beyond the Dark Portal as orcs. I beat Brood War without cheats last year, so it's possible.

Now, if we can only get Diablo II on GOG, I'll never ask Blizzard for anything ever again.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Spent 2 hrs trying to beat a 2 phase boss in Sekiro. Finally beat it just to find out there is a fucking 3rd phase and omfg its all different with new attacks + pacing....and ofc I have no health left so I die.

1493579668_dean-winchester-crying.gif

That feeling when Miyazaki breaks your willpower and posture in half. This game is so fucking evil. I think I'm in love.

Phrost

Dec 8, 2018
Exclusives for PC wouldn't be bad if Epic went all in and financed games like the big console exclusives like God of War or Spiderman.
As it is, it's just the same games you would see on PC anyway, just more limited than ever.

If Epic launched the EGS and was like "And we are funding Freelancer 2, Neverwinter Nights 3, Mother 4 and a sequel to Republic Commando" in a Bayonetta 2 kinda way, I think people would celebrate them.
Of course it's probably cheaper and safer to just buy games people were already excited for.
100% agree. if Epic is paying these console devs to release their games on EGS, good for them. even better if it means that we'll get the games on Steam one year later. I'm ignoring everything on epic store, and I hate the moneyhatting exclusive deals, but I'm all for porting console games over. Just means that eventually I'll be able to play games I never would have in the first place, since I don't own any consoles :)

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn. HOMM 3 (GOG) and 5 (Steam) are so damn good.
Tried AoW3 today too and it also clicked for me.

Often I play a game in a certain "genre" and other games that I haven't liked before finally clicks for me.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Risk of rain 2 is really fun and already shows a ton of promise. The move to 3D works very well.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
How is the content at the moment? I'm wondering if I should plunge immediately, or wait until there are more updates. Is it possible to "clear" the game?

5 or 6 characters to unlock (forgot exactly how many) and at least 30 items to find. Klyka and I played for an hour on easy to see what the game had to offer and we hit an endless final difficulty but by that time we were walking gods. We let ourselves die and unlocked a new character for beating 3 stages without dying.

Does seem a bit proof of concept but I had a lot of fun. Will definitely aim to unlock the other characters and see all the biomes.

wihio

Oct 28, 2017
Buying Risk of Rain 2 from now until 3/30 gets you 2 copies of the game, and so that means I have 1 extra.

I want to gift it to someone who loves roguelikes/roguelites, so whoever posts the most entertaining description or pic of their favorite moment playing one of these type of games will get a steam gift of Risk of Rain 2. Deadline 1 hour from this post!

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Wolcen made it to "gameplay beta" finally and it basically looks like a Diablo 3 clone now lol

It's been a long year since the last update on the Alpha, and our team went through a lot to offer you this new experience with Wolcen: Lord of Mayhem.

It's a new game.

One year ago we made the risky decision to redesign the game entirely. We had much higher quality standards, and we were aiming to support the game for many years with regular content updates. We asked patience from you, a lot of it, while we reworked every aspect of the game: art direction, monsters, skills, animations, levels, visual effects, level design, artificial intelligence, game systems… We added a lot of enthusiastic people to the team to make it possible and now there are about 40 very passionate people working on this project.

And it led the game now to offer much better performance, polished gameplay, more readable actions and…4 players Multiplayer/Coop!

Today, we can finally share this Gameplay Beta with you, and yet it's only the beginning of a new era for Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and Wolcen Studio.

There are still some bugs in the Gameplay Beta that we know of and will fix with regular hotfixes in the next few weeks. Balancing will also be closely monitored and tweaked based on your feedback and what we can observe. Finally, there will be content patches, one you already know of is the Wrath of Sarisel content patch that we will present properly in future news.

We still have a lot to reveal, our teams are currently working on the other acts of the game and we will continue to share our progress with you through the Trello board.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado

New game by inkle is out on April 16th. If you haven't played 80 Days or the Sorcery series don't sleep on them. Some of the best games of the new millennium, the latter especially if you like rpgs with choices and consequences tm.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Buying Risk of Rain 2 from now until 3/30 gets you 2 copies of the game, and so that means I have 1 extra.

I want to gift it to someone who loves roguelikes/roguelites, so whoever posts the most entertaining description or pic of their favorite moment playing one of these type of games will get a steam gift of Risk of Rain 2. Deadline 1 hour from this post!

There was this one time when I was playing Binding of Isaac where I got a particular combination of items that allowed me to just infinitely produce coins , bombs and hearts. Which I did. I filled the entire room with them.
Then the game crashed when I exited the room and lost my run!

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

3F95DC0850509D9D96ACC199BBBB4D8630A4A320

This screenshot features rather interesting bug I found when playing Curious Expedition, roguelike pillaging exploration game where you have to exploit six generated maps. Actually played enough to "platinum" the hardest difficulty, so I came upon a lot of strange bugs such as maps having no objectives or your departure point (ship) being immediately destroyed upon arrival due to it driving head first into the fountain.

However, this bug takes the cake; I finish an expedition, and immediately set off to the next one. However the captain must have been drunk because he chose to arrive at the last map I explored, already all pillaged and everything xD. You can actually see the map is unsolvable because my former starting spot became an island - separated from the rest of the land - due to former shenanigans.

No mods or anything, and to my knowledge I am the only one to have this situation so far.

wihio

Oct 28, 2017
There was this one time when I was playing Binding of Isaac where I got a particular combination of items that allowed me to just infinitely produce coins , bombs and hearts. Which I did. I filled the entire room with them.
Then the game crashed when I exited the room and lost my run!

edit:The only entry The first of 2 entries! Still a great one, so you win the prize! I will always love the awesome exploits that inevitably arise in these type of games. I hope you enjoy Risk of Rain 2!

Last edited:

wihio

Oct 28, 2017
3F95DC0850509D9D96ACC199BBBB4D8630A4A320

This screenshot features rather interesting bug I found when playing Curious Expedition, roguelike pillaging exploration game where you have to exploit six generated maps. Actually played enough to "platinum" the hardest difficulty, so I came upon a lot of strange bugs such as maps having no objectives or your departure point (ship) being immediately destroyed upon arrival due to it driving head first into the fountain.

However, this bug takes the cake; I finish an expedition, and immediately set off to the next one. However the captain must have been drunk because he chose to arrive at the last map I explored, already all pillaged and everything xD. You can actually see the map is unsolvable because my former starting spot became an island - separated from the rest of the land - due to former shenanigans.

No mods or anything, and to my knowledge I am the only one to have this situation so far.

I love it, pushing the game to the limits (and beyond)! Unfortunately a bit late, but I wish I had another copy to gift!

Deleted member 10852

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if anyone can explain me
the "new" edition of Borderlands 1 will be free for every owner?
the "new" Handsome edition will be the same with Borderlands 2 and The pre sequel?

Dakath

"This guy are sick"
Oct 26, 2017
My first character in SanctuaryRPG died from being poisoned by a robot's blood. It was memorable because about two minutes earlier I had been thinking the game was pretty easy so far.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Did they disable the comments section? I can't see it. I've tried using Chrome, IE and on the phone. The Load Comments button did nothing.

Edit: It looks like they did lol. People are talking about it on twitter.

PC Gamer used to be the best. How can they throw away their reputation so easily? The only explanation is they are getting a truck load of money to make it worth it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wolcen made it to "gameplay beta" finally and it basically looks like a Diablo 3 clone now lol

WOW, no kidding. It's a completely different game.

Doesn't look bad, but yeah, it looks too much like a slightly darker Diablo 3. Will keep an eye out; after almost 3 years of sitting in my wishlist it finally looks like something.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Did they disable the comments section? I can't see it. I've tried using Chrome, IE and on the phone. The Load Comments button did nothing.

Edit: It looks like they did lol. People are talking about it on twitter.

PC Gamer used to be the best. How can they throw away their reputation so easily? The only explanation is they are getting a truck load of money to make it worth it.

More likely is the better writers moved on and/or the site was never that great when it came to in-depth investigative articles and looking at things which have a grounding outside of the hobby. Free-market forces, competition and long-term analysis of digital marketplaces are offshoots of Economics, and the EGS is pretty obviously shaking-up the PC digital distro market, which comes under the umbrella of Silicon Valley/Tech expert. This article is literally an opinion piece from some hobbyist writers whose Staff bios are just "These are my gaming credentials". I mean, that's great, but hey, if you're writing about something that has brought such a shock to the status quo, I'd like to hear the opinions of people versed in actual economics and the tech sector, because there's more depth here than they've brought to the table.

Urgh, Waste of time. :/

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Not sure if anyone can explain me
the "new" edition of Borderlands 1 will be free for every owner?
the "new" Handsome edition will be the same with Borderlands 2 and The pre sequel?

1) Yes. It has already been added to the relevant packages and will automagically appear in your library once 2K flips the switch.
2) In the sense that you won't need to pay, yes. Unlike Borderlands 1, 2 and TPS aren't being remastered per se, just each receiving an optional UHD texture pack. Think Far Cry: New Dawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.