• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Two seasons was fine. Season 2 wasnt as perfect as 1 but still good. Especially the song when he's going to rob the supermarket lol.

I need this show on bluray but its nowhere to be found :(

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't much like season 2 and it felt like the story came to a natural conclusion anyway, so I can't say I'm bothered by this news.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
While I loved the show it did pretty much come to a natural conclusion. Happy that we got 2 great seasons of it.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished watching season 1. What an amazing show. Sad to hear it got cancelled last month and there's not going to be a season 3.

It's the perfect blend of dark humor and drama.

My favorite scene in season 1 has to be either the discussion of safes in cartoons or the scene where John is sitting in the pipe and has about 5 people come up to him one after another and give him shit.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Just finished watching season 1. What an amazing show. Sad to hear it got cancelled last month and there's not going to be a season 3.

It's the perfect blend of dark humor and drama.

My favorite scene in season 1 has to be either the discussion of safes in cartoons or the scene where John is sitting in the pipe and has about 5 people come up to him one after another and give him shit.

yeah that pipe scene was shot amazingly wel. the way he framed it and it was all done as a one shot with people coming from all directions including, I believe, Dennis walking the entire length from the farthest point on the screen right up to John at the front of the screen, right on time. it was beautiful

Oct 25, 2017
Halfway through season two myself at the moment, but yeah season one was so up my alley it actually wound up feeling like I had gotten lost and in fact was trespassing up its alley, haha. Gonna keep an eye on trained on Steven Conrad beyond Perpetual Grace Ltd...

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finished season 2. Absolutely loved the show. Definitely in the top 3 shows I've ever seen.

Such a unique show. Handles comedy and drama so well.

My favorite scenes were probably John fucking with Stephen in season 1. But in johns' defense, Stephen was bragging a ton and also saw awful things about everyone else.

Heading there won't be a season 3 though is definitely not double great.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Finished season 2. Absolutely loved the show. Definitely in the top 3 shows I've ever seen.

Such a unique show. Handles comedy and drama so well.

My favorite scenes were probably John fucking with Stephen in season 1. But in johns' defense, Stephen was bragging a ton and also saw awful things about everyone else.

Heading there won't be a season 3 though is definitely not double great.

Watch 'Perpetual Grace LTD' -

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Perpetual Grace LTD is very good. I'm only a few episodes in, and it's like bizarro Patriot in an excellent way.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rewatching this for the 3rd time due to the quarantine. I can now confidently say this is the best show i have ever seen. Its ironic that i started watching after it had already been cancelled, but the cancellation bummed me out far more than any other show being cancelled.

Perpetual grace was also fantastic and it's a bummer that its likely finished as well.

Every single aspect of this show just absolutely nails what its going for. Humor, drama, suspense, the show just does it all perfectly. Prior to this i had just known kurtwood smith as the hardass father from that 70s show, but he puts in such a perfect performance as leslie.

The scene in season 1 where john is sitting in the pipe and everyone in his life comes by to lay more problems on him is the best scene i have ever seen in anything. And then that episode has the rochambeau scene later.

I honestly cant say enough good things about this show. Its such a shame that amazon didnt do anything to advertise it, but i cant go anywhere without seeing a million ads for jack ryan, which is exactly the generic spy crap thats everything Patriot is not.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Season 1 was top tv, season 2 felt like fan-service and only the ending made sense. They should've finished the story with a movie to wrap things up rather than stretch it with another season. I'm kinda sad I won't see the characters again but it was for the best.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Season 2 didn't land for me quite as well as season 1 but I still enjoyed it. Are we really not getting a season 3 or has anyone said?

edit: and I see the news. Damn

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There was a thread made recently about this show. I watched the pilot, was sucked and immediately, and binged the entire show in a week. Season 1 was perfection, while season 2 clearly felt like there were two seasons worth of material fused with many loose threads and a stitched together conclusion. It was still incredibly enjoyable, and I'm keeping an eye on anything this showrunner does.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There was a thread made recently about this show. I watched the pilot, was sucked and immediately, and binged the entire show in a week. Season 1 was perfection, while season 2 clearly felt like there were two seasons worth of material fused with many loose threads and a stitched together conclusion. It was still incredibly enjoyable, and I'm keeping an eye on anything this showrunner does.

Check out perpetual grace ltd. Its the show put out by the showrunner last summer. Has a lot of the same cast and crew as patriot and a similar style.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017