• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Echo already has a karaoke line:

Meanwhile Lucio has had a freestyle recorded in the game since 1893 and they refuse to give it to him as a karaoke line hahahahahahaha he's a dj hahahahahahahahaha.

EDIT: Our new voice actress. Welcome to the family:

Last edited:

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game was a million times more frustrating to play before role queue. Removing it would most likely keep me from playing it anymore.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
User Warned: Hostility
Get rid of role queue, and get back to trying to balance the game in a way that doesnt make goats the defacto meta. Delete brig of you have to. But role queue made the game significantly worse and releasing new dps characters in it sucks since you cant queue for dps without having more down time waiting then playing the game.

Man xqc and other deadshit streamers have made people fucking stupid.

Xenogears_X

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
Echo is way too overpowered right now. She can take out tanks in a second with a combo and her ultimate is insanely OP. Not sure what Jeff is thinking.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone saying role queue needs to be gone is fucking crazy

Like, what's even the argument for that

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
Very unbalanced hero. Can 3-1-2 or 2-1-3 and use also ult.
Everyone want play her. Now in ranked that's just grow up the time queue.
What Blizzard thinking seriously ?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
Oh that's why they ruin the fun, relatively balanced and perfectly fine 2-2-2 and try to introduce 3 dps which bring the game back to headless chicken individual DPS duels... the new hero is of course a fucking DPS.

Once they introduce 3 dps queue, which is almost inevitable at this point, I am either out of the game or join the fray by playing dps hog, dps zarya or dps fake-soldier.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Role lock is annoying when I just want to play DPS but it's nice to have the security of a solid comp if I'm playing support. Getting rid of it would just cater the game more to DPS players which isn't really what people seem to want at the moment.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to wait 5+ minutes to play half of the roster?
People's dismissal of this as a valid complaint is never not obnoxious.

I play(ed, really don't play anymore thanks to this) the overwhelming majority of my time, 90%+, as a support/tank player. Sometimes, I also would like to play DPS, which before role queue was as simple as flexing off or just rolling one at start when I wanted, but I can't do that anymore, because queue times are 20 fucking minutes long when I have time to play the game.

It's an active detriment to the game, laughing or telling people "just play support/tank" is not an answer because you're just perpetuating it by making people who want to flex sometimes SOL because they can't even get into a match. And all the OW team can do now, when times are the worst they've ever been, is to make them even worse. If you're going to go to a 3-1-2 queue then just eliminate role queuing to begin with because times will just get worse and worse.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
I've been saving 1000 credits for one of her legendaries....looks like it'll go to Moth. I like the color palette much more than Butterfly.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, when I get the "is this a pigeon" sticker, echo will be my new main

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Echo update is live, will be the last hero for Overwatch

NEW HERO: ECHO (DAMAGE)

Echo is an evolutionary robot created by Dr. Mina Liao and programmed with a rapidly adapting artificial intelligence, versatile enough to fill multiple battlefield combat roles. Having joined up with the Overwatch team to defend Paris against the Null Sector incursion, Echo is seeing action as a full-fledged member of Overwatch for the first time. Echo fires three shots (Tri-Shot) at once, in a triangle pattern. Echo fires a volley of Sticky Bombs that detonates after a delay. Echo uses Flight to surge forward quickly, then can fly freely to avoid danger or maneuver to a more strategic location. Using Focusing Beam, Echo channels a beam for a few seconds, dealing very high damage to targets with less than half health, including barriers. With Duplicate, Echo targets an enemy hero and clones them, gaining all of their abilities and potentially changing a team fight in an instant.

GENERAL UPDATES
New Feature: Training Partner
Within the Practice Range, use the Training Partner Spawner to create a bot of any hero on which you can test your abilities.

General
  • The Overwatch team has opened servers in a new datacenter to improve the gaming experience for players in the Middle East. Servers will be available beginning April 14, 2020
  • Added a "Patch Notes" button on the main menu and within the options menu. Selecting this button will open a web browser with the latest available game updates

COMPETITIVE UPDATES

The new Competitive Open Queue will be available in the Arcade for roughly 4 weeks. This mode will use standard Competitive Play rules, including hero pools, but will have no role restrictions or role queues.

HERO UPDATES
Tracer
Blink
  • Improved the accuracy of Tracer's blink movement such that Tracer will more likely end up where the crosshair is pointing
Developer Comments
  • Tracer will now blink around and over obstacles more easily to move towards the crosshair location. For example, if you aim alongside the corner of a wall, Tracer will blink past the corner
  • Tracer cannot blink through a space where she otherwise cannot fit normally
  • Tracer cannot blink over an obstacle which she otherwise cannot jump over normally, with the jump originating from Tracer's height at the start of the blink movement
We hope that these changes to Tracer's blink will feel more responsive than before.

BUG FIXES
General

• Fixed an issue preventing switching to the next hero when team spectating D.Va in Custom Games
  • Fixed an issue preventing Team FFA settings and some Hero settings from being pasted back into Custom Game Settings via copy-paste
  • Fixed a bug that could cause voice lines from opposing teams to be heard at Hero Select screens on certain maps
  • Fixed a bug where knockbacks were not working correctly if the target was moving down a ramp
  • Alt+Tab now will cancel saving a highlight, instead of causing problems with playback
  • Fixed an issue where support players were getting incorrect credit for some plays, when determining the play of the game

Maps

Blizzard World
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand in an unintended location between the first and second point
Busan
  • Fixed a bug that caused Sombra's translocator to float when thrown in certain spots
Dorado
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players can get stuck between the scooter and wall

Havana
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players to get stuck on some bushes

Hollywood
  • The capture area for the first capture point no longer extends outside of the visual capture boundary
Ilios
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players to get stuck between a wall, plant, and tree

Heroes

Moira
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Moira's Fade icon from appearing disabled when she is stunned

Mei
  • Fixed a bug where an already frozen enemy getting hit by Blizzard would cause the frozen visual effect to end too early

Tracer
  • Fixed a bug where the Pulse Bomb's "Stuck" message would sometimes appear on the wrong target

Workshop

• Fixed an issue preventing Big Message and Small Message from displaying messages in Practice Range

Last edited:

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Sweet. Did the map pool change as well? I thought it wouldn't be for another month or so but I see xQc playing on Anubis and Ilios!