• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Biggest W (biased version): Moria's return
Biggest W (unbiased version): Gear 5

Biggest L (biased ver.): Smoothie
Biggest L (unbiased ver.): death fakeouts

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do like Gear 5 powers though
I just wish it wasn't linked to everything surrounding it

That's fair, but I got over it (or really didn't mind much to be more accurate) when it was clear this wasn't permanently changing his personality, this wasn't actual reincarnation, just Luffy being the next Awakened user, wasn't some godhood powers but the exact stuff we expected from Awakening (barring Luffy holding lightning)

So zou came dropped lore and left is what I'm reading on Twitter?

Yes. The context is because Momo changed his mind regarding opening the borders, but yea still kind of weird in the meantime

Gear 5 is the biggest W
Big Mom for 99% of the arc is the biggest L for me

Man Big Mom was a true riot most of the arc

I totally get the inherent revulsion towards the amnesia in particular, but you can't tell me y'all was ready for her to still casually body Queen like it was nothing

Her crew though I got no defense for them tho lol

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised Namco didn't show the Jump Force successor.

I think it might be too early, is the issue. Jump Force successor would no doubt be for 2024 so likely saving it for next year.

Biggest L is Carrot for sure

Oda dropped her like

543nbi.jpg

Couldn't even give her the Perospero grudge fight W

Her jobbing to Perospero is the biggest bullshit.

Her jobbing to give Garfield and Marmaduke more shit to do is just maddening.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
That's fair, but I got over it (or really didn't mind much to be more accurate) when it was clear this wasn't permanently changing his personality, this wasn't actual reincarnation, just Luffy being the next Awakened user, wasn't some godhood powers but the exact stuff we expected from Awakening (barring Luffy holding lightning)

Yes. The context is because Momo changed his mind regarding opening the borders, but yea still kind of weird in the meantime

Man Big Mom was a true riot most of the arc

I totally get the inherent revulsion towards the amnesia in particular, but you can't tell me y'all was ready for her to still casually body Queen like it was nothing

Her crew though I got no defense for them tho lol
Her bodying Queen was the 1% lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah

Jack this arc is also an L

But I guess he did well enough in Zou

The Minks overall were done dirty. Payoff for getting back at Jack was neutered between it being a shortened fight and only just Inu instead of him and Neko

And the long awaited payoff of Carrot vs Perospero goes without saying

It should've been Jack vs Jinbe, Jinbe by being a Strawhat would've pulled up Jack along with him

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Oh, and Killer is defo one of the biggest Ws of the arc
Great showing against Kaido and then Hawkins. Great interaction with Kid and his crew following the SMILE thing.
Kinda like Bege, I expected nothing of him, and he ended up being being a great supernova

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of actual Strawhats, definitely Usopp. Everyone else contributed in a notable way. Even Chopper who gets a lot of shit thrown his way undeniably did his job as a doctor

Elbaf better deliver. One thing I will say is that when Oda does do stuff for Usopp, it's always surprisingly great

Great showing against Kaido and then Hawkins. Great interaction with Kid and his crew following the SMILE thing.
Kinda like Bege, I expected nothing of him, and he ended up being being a great supernova

Out of all the Supernovas not named Law, Killer was the fucking best out of all of them, like WHAT

I have a question: when (I think) Hyori is saying to Kiku "I think I'm older now" what is she talking about?

Exactly what she said, due to Kiku time traveling through the last 20 years, Hiyori is now actually older than her

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

The SMILE reveal in particular was a big moment

I have a question: when (I think) Hyori is saying to Kiku "I think I'm older now" what is she talking about?

Kiku got timeskipped

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
BTW I watched the Gundam Cucuruz Doan movie yesterday

It was cool, but made me wish they'd stop dancing around it and do a proper, full adaptation of The Origin manga already

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to think of a specific thing I'd put as the biggest W overall. I guess my favorite aspect of the arc was how so many fights still ended up with lots of gags, with all the weird "This is how the dinosaurs actually were", drunk Kaido being a goof, Gear 5, etc. Not to mention all the SMILE designs.

Biggest L... Being a Carrot fan is suffering. Not just her jobbing to Pero, but her not even getting back up and doing anything afterward. Like at that point why did she even come to the battle?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Big Mom got the best fight in the arc.

Luffy fight for me , to many great panels and then gear 5 . ( it maybe to long but i can live with that )
If not i would have said BM even if was a little fast .

I really enjoyed the fight, but like Lotus said, I can't leave my bias at the door. I know I'm being ridiculous, but I still have a hard time believing Kid and Law could beat her.

Kid and law are good match up for her and then law used quite and fuck her over lol .

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a hot take: Unless it was permanent I had no problem with Big Mom getting amnesia.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the fight, but like Lotus said, I can't leave my bias at the door. I know I'm being ridiculous, but I still have a hard time believing Kid and Law could beat her.

At least it was believable through a mix of cockiness and terrain advantage

And she even actually did beat both of them at one point, so it wasn't like she wasn't shit the whole time

Folks stop being jackasses with the DBSH spoilers in the open, get rid of it

You know I'm right

The Giants thing is hilariously wrong given how often they job, and listing Onis when there's only two members just cuz of Yamato is :I

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Kaido had the best showing out of any antagonist in this arc imo

Watching him fight was fun to watch and his smack talk was spectacular.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I understand where you are coming from, but I think Oda did a decent job with making it look like they wouldn't have won under different terrain conditions (their Awakenening attacks were doing damage, but not putting her down) and may have gotten wrecked without the ring out and the luck with explosives.

That kinda made Big Mom look strong in defeat

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a hot take: Unless it was permanent I had no problem with Big Mom getting amnesia.

This + Big Mom not being used to fight Kaido himself

Only casualty was Pay Pay and to a lesser extent Ulti admittedly (Nami was so close to having the best Tobi Roppo fight)

Killer for sure, got me interested in him when I didnt think it was possible.
Rooftop tag team fight was awesome, still my favourite part of the entire arc.

Oh yea Roof Piece was amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.