Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We are coming full circle, the WG started with 20 kings and now we must get 20 Emperors of the seas.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Who said that the numbers of the Yonko went from 1 to 4?

Introducing the lurking legend, Rockstar "Rocks" D. Xebec, the 0th Emperor of the Sea.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Anyone else get annoyed at the name Greenbull being the only one out of the 5 that are pronounced in English (by the community)?

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah even with experience in Japanese "Ryokugyu" is kinda hard to say. Meanwhile Green Bull is a lot simpler than some of the other translated admiral names

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'm sorry, but Green Bull being easier to say/remember how to spell is exactly I keep using it lmao

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, and Killer is defo one of the biggest Ws of the arc
Great showing against Kaido and then Hawkins. Great interaction with Kid and his crew following the SMILE thing.
Kinda like Bege, I expected nothing of him, and he ended up being being a great supernova
Killer was so good this whole arc goddamn. Actually killed someone fairly notable too.

Hope he gets a good bounty.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Killer was so forgettable I used to call him Killer X confusing him with the equally boring X Drake.

Now he's definitely cooler than Kid.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing Kid has ever done is make that face with Law and Luffy when they were competing over not dodging Big Mom's fireball first

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Damn the thread moved quickly while I was at work

My thoughts on the chapter is simply Hawkins is punk ass bitch, easily the worst Supernova and went out like a chump

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to say Ryokugyu, but every time I write it I feel like I'm misspelling it.

I remember my wild card theory being Killer is Dead. I also remember guessing correctly (but not saying it out loud) that Kamazou was Killer. Damn me for not saying that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Killer was so good this whole arc goddamn. Actually killed someone fairly notable too.

Hope he gets a good bounty.

Tfw Killer killed someone

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I have a theory about the uptake in deaths in this arc.

CP0 Timbob was so murdered by Kaido that Death couldn't exist before Timbob finally died. So Pell actually did die but Kaido's beating was so severe time had to make sure Pell survived so there was enough Death for Timbob at that moment.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Hawkins started off cool and Bege started off a punk. Now, Bege is cool and Hawkins is a punk.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Not sure he got any big theory right:

Raid failed, Wano didn't make it to 200 chapters, Kaido showed no awakening, Usopp didn't get some final big moment at the end, Yamato joined the crew (lmao at this one), etc.

I just that find that really funny lol
ZKK is dead and the raid didn't fail
what stupid theory will we make fun of in the future I wonder

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Vivre Card debate War in Reddit Make Aurther come to explain what he said about Yusuhie Card.

- A wild Caesar has appeared! AT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG LAST, Yukari can finally stop asking about him haha

- Can't help but notice that it seems that with this chance encounter, it does appear to imply that I was correct that MADS is going to slowly be formed again. All that's left is Queen if I'm right...

I Want Gastino not Caesar.

Joke Aside, Werid that He Still in WCI.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Yeah even with experience in Japanese "Ryokugyu" is kinda hard to say. Meanwhile Green Bull is a lot simpler than some of the other translated admiral names
Yea I'm sorry, but Green Bull being easier to say/remember how to spell is exactly I keep using it lmao
I've been trying to say Ryokugyu, but every time I write it I feel like I'm misspelling it.

I remember my wild card theory being Killer is Dead. I also remember guessing correctly (but not saying it out loud) that Kamazou was Killer. Damn me for not saying that.
If you break it up into two words "Ryoku" and then "Gyu" it becomes easier to remember and say.

Aokiji is usually hard for people to pronounce at first, but eventually people get used to it and then correctly pronounce it. I watch reactions of that scene and it's something I've noticed.

Hopefully (my personal wish lol) the community eventually switches to Ryokugyu, like how people made the switch from Dogtooth to Katakuri.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
I took a peek at Morj's theory playlist and these are the Wano theories he got right:

-Momo will be aged up (quite a longshot so props for that)
-Big Mom is coming to Wano (he released this video during the WCI arc)
-Zoro will get CoC
-CoC will be the key to defeating Kaido (technically correct)

Some of these are quite impressive but the "Raid will fail" theory is just such a giant egg on his face. He shouldn't have doubled down so often lol. But generally speaking, most One Piece theories are wrong a hundred percent of the time so Morj is still better than most.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
True fans say Ryokugyu, Fujitora, Yellow Monkey, Perro Rojo and Kuzan.

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
What an absolutely fanstastic chapter.

I was crying tears of joy seeing Yamato in the men's bath. It's so nicely contrasted with Kiku, who I'm glad managed to come out alive, because I'd have been devastated, if we had lost a great trans character like her instantly.

But from reading this thread it seems like reddit and some youtubers still seems to have issues about accepting Yamato's gender identity. I guess, I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

I loved the interaction between Yamato and Momo, so cute!

Happy to see Zoro and Sanji well and fighting, would be scared for them, if they hadn't!

Can't wait for next week. It's gonna be massive.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
10/10 chapter. Chopper hugging Zoro❤️ Zoro and Sanji immediately fighting❤️ Kiku hanging out with the girls ❤️ everyone expect the obvious being chill with Yamato in the bath ❤️

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
If you break it up into two words "Ryoku" and then "Gyu" it becomes easier to remember and say.

Aokiji is usually hard for people to pronounce at first, but eventually people get used to it and then correctly pronounce it. I watch reactions of that scene and it's something I've noticed.

Hopefully (my personal wish lol) the community eventually switches to Ryokugyu, like how people made the switch from Dogtooth to Katakuri.

It'll likely become more standard now that Ryokugyu's actually going to have a part in the story. Easier to associate names with faces and all that vs. before when he was just a shadow.

Incidentally yeah, figured I'd try to pronounce it because of that and it really isn't that bad. I think the transliterated name beginning and ending with y's throws people.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
But from reading this thread it seems like reddit and some youtubers still seems to have issues about accepting Yamato's gender identity. I guess, I shouldn't be surprised anymore.
If they haven't gotten the message by this point, then nothing is gonna change them. Best to just leave them behind.
Can't wait for next week. It's gonna be massive.
Gonna do my best to avoid spoilers this time around. Can't wait for the next chapter!

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Did I blind her or was Robin worryingly missing from this chapter?
The hope is that she's somewhere with the poneglyphs. However, it would be weird if she didn't look at it during the 7 day rest unless she wanted the rest of the crew around. If that's the case, it makes no sense why she would be missing for the poneglyphs as the crew wouldn't be with her. Hence why I'm worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.