• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
jesus fuck Ishii is on some 2017 Okada shit right now

going out there, night after night, and giving his opponent the best match of their career. Cobb hasn't looked great the entire G1 and in comes Big Tom making him look like a million bucks.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Kylie is a SHOOTER

Also she did it again... another 4*+ match against Josh Alexander.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
jesus fuck Ishii is on some 2017 Okada shit right now

going out there, night after night, and giving his opponent the best match of their career. Cobb hasn't looked great the entire G1 and in comes Big Tom making him look like a million bucks.
Ishii always puts on a show during G1. Only time he's allowed to be the baddest motherfucker on the planet and show he can hang with the best in the world but is happy to be a mid card enforcer for the rest of the year.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
There's even more to it than that.

(It's a whole thread)

Riddle's wife is an asshole. But so is Riddle.

Who is this person and did they provide any proof that this dinner happened?

I'm not defending Riddle at all for the rape, I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to say about a random twitter story.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Who is this person and did they provide any proof that this dinner happened?

I'm not defending Riddle at all for the rape, I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to say about a random twitter story.

I saw on Reddit that this guy was close to Riddle for a good chunk of the year, he was always stanning for him until July where for some reason he claimed that he would no longer associate with him (I guess that it was part of the accusation in the speak out movement? but I can remember when that happened)

Apparently Riddle had a Pre-WWE where he will hangout with fans to smoke some weed with them, so isn't that out of place that he knows him. Although in the other hand it seems like he doesn't have many photos with Riddle on Twitter

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the last two years of PWG highlight videos before BLP begins. My adrenaline is going to crash so hard before this show ends.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
That's tonight. Spring Break was last night and apparently was good. I've had a busy weekend so wasn't able to watch anything until BLP now.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Whats the one trope of wrestling you would change if you could?

For me, its everything but finishers constantly resulting in two counts. Always fucking hated that.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tag teams destined to break up and feud.
distraction rollups

On top of that two singles guys being able to beat a well oiled tag team. That shit was the fuckin WORRRRST.

But my answer would have to be the selectiveness of when wrestlers are aware that it's a show with cameras, but don't watch shit back. It's either a show and we're a fly on the wall and it's for telling us a story. Or it's a show and we're aware and they're aware. Having your cake and eating it situation. Always irked me as a kid.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Whats the one trope of wrestling you would change if you could?

For me, its everything but finishers constantly resulting in two counts. Always fucking hated that.

I would love the refs to be smarter. By being so dumb makes the act of cheating look like something that everyone should use at some point since is easy to pull off, and it draws away some of its heat.

Either that or make cheating less obvious, like for example Roman Reigns low blowing Jey Uso on their last match, it was something that tv viewers would watch but not for the ref

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I would love the refs to be smarter. By being so dumb makes the act of cheating look like something that everyone should use at some point since is use to pull off, and it draws away some of its heat.

Either that or make cheating less obvious, like for example Roman Reigns low blowing Jey Uso on their last match, it was something that tv viewers would watch but not for the ref
I love how even a slight breeze can put a wrestling ref into a coma.

Being The Elite had a great bit on this with Cody and Knox.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
The tag team champions should always be booked as strong as the world champion in tag team matches. If the world champion and the ic champion challenge the tag champions, the tag champions should whip their ass

The only time a mismatched team should potentially be able to win the titles is if it's two monsters and even then, they need to cheat or something

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
Parents dropped off a Thanksgiving grab bag and found this inside:

X3k8FBzm.jpg

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017

t6rq1jt.png

Guess the competitive eater dude who was on AEW a few weeks ago doesn't like Janela, lol. They're shooting on Twitter. I guess Megabyte Ronnie didn't like this tweet from Janela where he praised the giant dude from the clusterfuck.

Oct 8, 2019
The prove your toughness by letting the other person hit you as hard they can concept. 99% of the time it makes no sense.

Saw Shibata and Tomohiro Ishii do that in a match in Wrestle Kingdom 10 and it completely made me stop caring about the match because instead of making it look like Shibata and Ishii are so tough they can no sell each others attack, it just made the attacker look like he had weak strikes. Why should I care about this match when the two wrestlers in the ring are so utterly bored of the match.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Guess the competitive eater dude who was on AEW a few weeks ago doesn't like Janela, lol. They're shooting on Twitter. I guess Megabyte Ronnie didn't like this tweet from Janela where he praised the giant dude from the clusterfuck.

Janela is absolutely that kinda guy that sees the business as requiring everyone step the fuck up to make it because it's a dog eat dog world and there are a dozen dudes in line behind every indie scene guy that're talented and hungry and willing to go the extra mile.

But also the kind of dude that probably spends every last dollar in his booking budget paying wrestlers what he can so they can work, will make sure they're picked up from the airport, will be the first dude calling an injured wrestler to see how they're doing, getting them work when they need the extra cash and can go again, etc.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on days 11 to 14 of the G1.

Still mad that Takagi passed out to Okada's trash cobra.

Oct 8, 2019
I understand why WWE wants to protect Austin Theory, the guy is young, and talented, and could mature with age. I can sort of understand why WWE wants to protect Velveteen Dream, the guy is young but I also think his attempt at mind games are shit, and his seemed to have stalled.

I can not understand Lars Sullivan whose a sexist white supremacist whose a 32 year old but acts like his 20, is an instant channel changer, and whose style of wrestling died out 30 years ago. WCW tried out guys like him in the mid 90's in the Legion of Doom, and none of them got over outside of the Giant. Like if his acting like this over instagram than I have to assume he acts like this in the back of the locker room, and yet Vince is treating him like his the new Shawn Michaels.

Vince Mcmahon: By God look at the size of this guy, his going to be great against Hulk Hogan in Wrestlemania 2.

Oct 8, 2019
Everything is going great

Why the hell would anyone go to a wrestling show until they get vaccinated is beyond me. If you want to watch wrestling you can do it from the safety of your home by watching AEW, WWE, Impact, or hell buy the PPV from Fite.com. Dont risk your health to go see Moxley in Bloodsport in person.

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back home from the collective. Trip up there was as big of a clusterfuck as the BR last night. Our flight was delayed and they didnt alert my connecting flight about the delay so i got stuck in atl for like 3 hours and ended up missing the first half of Spring Break. Made it inside right as the 6 man started and from then on it was amazing. During the clusterfuck RSP, Danhausen, Lawler, and a couple other guys were all standing right next to me marking out over the BR. At one point Eddy Only came over to try and talk to us mid match and RSP told him to stop being a pussy and get back in the ring lol. I also got to talk to Nasty Leroy, and Lee Morriarty. At the end when Nate won my brother lost his shit and knocked my hat off and RSP started laughing at us.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I think if I did a top 10 all-time North American wrestler list, Brock would be in it. Probably Top 25 all-time. Just wish he was booked in better companies.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt Brock's run in New Japan the drizzling shits? Though I would watch Brock Lesnar having one minute matches with Orange Cassidy.
New Japan wasn't exactly brimmed with talent in 2005. They basically had Tanahashi doing a bad Cena impression(people forget how despised Tanahashi was in the mid 2000s), Nakamura being a vanilla midget, Bernard being an above average big man, old as dirt Chono, and Yuji Nagata. And he clearly didn't want to be there, like even moreso than how he acts in present day WWE.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I think if I did a top 10 all-time North American wrestler list, Brock would be in it. Probably Top 25 all-time. Just wish he was booked in better companies.

Eddie Guerrero
Shawn Michaels
Bret Hart
Steve Austin
Rick Rude
Scott Steiner
Kurt Angle
Randy Savage
Rey Mysterio Jr

I'm not sure who I'd put in the tenth spot. It would have been REDACTED back in the day easily. Maybe Bryan, Rock or Flair? But I missed the best of Flair, only caught him from when he switched to WWF. Rock never really interested me that much in the ring and Bryan. Brock can't talk but he's great at everything else. Bryan & Brock were both never booked as well as they should have been by WWE.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on G1 tonight.

I love this Sanada look with the mirror skull mask. Even better he trimmed down the lion beard.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Lol man are EVIL and Jay going to have interference in ALL their matches ever?, its getting really annoying :p

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I could never take seriously some NJPW matches that are highly praised by the fans when they do that dumb spot of both wrestlers exchanging blows to show how tough they are. I wouldn't care that much if weren't for the fact that some of those same western fans obnoxiously praise NJPW or japanese wrestling in general for being more sports like compared to the wwe/american style, and then pull the most unbelievable spot that you could find in a competitive fight. Like seriously in which boxing or MMA match both fighters will risk losing a fight by letting the opponent hitting them in the head?

Kinda feel the same with some run ins in modern NJPW, but in the end I feel like run ins are an necessary evil in pro wrestling to bring some heat or extend feuds, and at least they don't overdo it like the promotions in the USA and Mexico

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I understand why WWE wants to protect Austin Theory, the guy is young, and talented, and could mature with age. I can sort of understand why WWE wants to protect Velveteen Dream, the guy is young but I also think his attempt at mind games are shit, and his seemed to have stalled.

I can not understand Lars Sullivan whose a sexist white supremacist whose a 32 year old but acts like his 20, is an instant channel changer, and whose style of wrestling died out 30 years ago. WCW tried out guys like him in the mid 90's in the Legion of Doom, and none of them got over outside of the Giant. Like if his acting like this over instagram than I have to assume he acts like this in the back of the locker room, and yet Vince is treating him like his the new Shawn Michaels.

Vince Mcmahon: By God look at the size of this guy, his going to be great against Hulk Hogan in Wrestlemania 2.

I do wonder if WWE refused to fire him because he had a mental breakdown. But that would assume they care about mental health.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, I find Lars a lot more entertaining in the ring than Austin Theory.

But all of them should be canned, including Riddle. Of course, I also think all the DUI idiots in that company should have been canned years ago.