DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
For those of you who weren't around when Eva Marie was active, she had a whopping one good match in her entire career, and it was against Bayley. Otherwise she has a claim to quite possibly be the worst woman to ever step foot into a WWE ring. Why they would want to bring her back, I have no clue. She brings absolutely nothing to the table. She's god awful in the ring, and was an absolutely horrendous promo.

She's also an insanely terrible person in real life.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Exclusive: Eva Marie Returning To WWE

Since parting ways with WWE in August 2017, Eva Marie has focussed on acting and appeared in multiple action movies alongside the likes of Bruce Willis and Nicolas Cage. She recently hinted at a WWE return, though, and told Reel Talker's Jim Alexander that she has "some unfinished...

lol

lol

lol

lol

OH MY GOODNESS

BETWEEN THIS AND THE LAKERS CHAMPIONSHIP FRIEND Liquidsnake
IS HAVING THE GREATEST 24 HOURS OF HIS LIFE

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha you remember!!!

tumblr_o0xw1fBSgH1sj4xr4o1_500.0.gif

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
For those of you who weren't around when Eva Marie was active, she had a whopping one good match in her entire career, and it was against Bayley. Otherwise she has a claim to quite possibly be the worst woman to ever step foot into a WWE ring. Why they would want to bring her back, I have no clue. She brings absolutely nothing to the table. She's god awful in the ring, and was an absolutely horrendous promo.

I had to go back and watch that match. Eva did okay but that match being good is a generous statement.
Also the amount of comments praising her for not botching in the match is genuinely a sight to behold.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Wasn't she liked by her peers? I never heard anything terrible about her but to be honest never cared too much about her personal life

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Darkstar, are you ready for the inevitable Eva Marie vs Asuka showdown

with Eva going over??

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Darkstar, are you ready for the inevitable Eva Marie vs Asuka showdown

with Eva going over??
With WWE thinking all heat is good heat these days, I would absolutely not be shocked if Eva goes over. But at the same time, part of me thinks Eva will get decimated since the heel side of the roster is overloaded with heels right now for RAW. The only faces are Asuka, Dana, Mandy, Ruby, and Liv. And of those, Asuka is the only person who is credible to be the top face of the division.

Oct 25, 2017
I had to go back and watch that match. Eva did okay but that match being good is a generous statement.
Also the amount of comments praising her for not botching in the match is genuinely a sight to behold.
Listen. Britt Baker is roughly on the same level of Eva Marie in the ring and she gets cut slack for not botching. Can't have it both ways.
PVfb57H.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Yano's sitcom dad energy is off the fucking charts this year.

He beat both Tanahashi and former IWGP former double champion EVIL completely clean. You all saw it!

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Eva was just starting to
Master psychology when she left.

I date anyone to refute that WWE went downhill since she left!

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017

Since parting ways with WWE in August 2017, Eva Marie has focussed on acting and appeared in multiple action movies alongside the likes of Bruce Willis and Nicolas Cage. She recently hinted at a WWE return, though, and told Reel Talker's Jim Alexander that she has "some unfinished...

lol

lol

lol

lol
There is a non-zero chance that she'll get 1 thing right about her return and this thread will praise her as the second coming of Jinder.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Bringing back Eva Marie would make a ton of sense if it was 2011 and we were in the middle of the Kelly Kelly Divas era. Eva Marie looked like a million bucks, but was legit one of the worst performers I've ever seen on WWE programming

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
WWE has an absurd amount of female talent stuck in NXT but they decide to bring back Eva.

Vince McMahon has lost what little mind he had left.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017

And yet he's employed by a company that has the CEO of Barstool (a website that's kinda built on YouTube comment cesspool culture) on their Board of Directors lmao. Sami Zayn's situation in general continues to fascinate me.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
This threads activity spiked back up when eva marie came back into the equation. You didn't see that for ember moon

The draw

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Bringing back Eva Marie would make a ton of sense if it was 2011 and we were in the middle of the Kelly Kelly Divas era. Eva Marie looked like a million bucks, but was legit one of the worst performers I've ever seen on WWE programming
Yup. Eva Marie being positioned as a main attraction of the division would be a great way to throw a firebomb onto any semblance of taking women's wrestling seriously. If she is treated as anything more than a jobber, then you may as well stick a fork in the women's division, because it'll be sent back to the divas era.

Eva Marie being signed is already a really bad move considering how loaded NXT is with talent right now, on top of the fact that no one watching WWE wanted her back anyways.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

And yet he's employed by a company that has the CEO of Barstool (a website that's kinda built on YouTube comment cesspool culture) on their Board of Directors lmao. Sami Zayn's situation in general continues to fascinate me.

I can't attack Sami since he actually uses his position to try and better the world.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Eva Marie being positioned as a main attraction of the division would be a great way to throw a firebomb onto any semblance of taking women's wrestling seriously. If she is treated as anything more than a jobber, then you may as well stick a fork in the women's division, because it'll be sent back to the divas era.

Eva Marie being signed is already a really bad move considering how loaded NXT is with talent right now, on top of the fact that no one watching WWE wanted her back anyways.
one would argue that the "divas era" of characters has as much right to exist as the other types of personalities you enjoy watching rassle. Everyone has a place when things are as inclusive as can be, even snotty hoity toity types.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
one would argue that the "divas era" of characters has as much right to exist as the other types of personalities you enjoy watching rassle. Everyone has a place when things are as inclusive as can be, even snotty hoity toity types.
I would argue its a failure on the part of creative if their idea is to strap a rocket to Eva Marie because she's attractive, and that's it (she's a god awful promo and even worse in the ring). We'll have to wait and see what happens tonight, but if they fall back into the old trope of pushing someone simply because Vince finds them incredibly attractive, that's going to be an absolutely massive setback even by WWE standards. One of the big things about the women's revolution is inclusion, and that the era of divas wrestling is pretty much dead. Eva Marie potentially getting pushed is a return back to that standard, and yet another troubling sign for the company.

Now if she were brought back just to be a jobber, I wouldn't care. But she's likely getting a pretty significant push knowing WWE.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

Well yeah, the male gaze of the booking/management shapes women's wrestling booking in the E. That's why it is rarely good, no matter how good the wrestling is.

This isn't to say it'd be any better with per se, Stephanie booking it. But there's a huddle that comes with men in the wrestling industry booking women.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I don't believe one person being hired based on looks like that is a return to their old standard, at all...
It is if she's getting pushed at all on her return, which is the only reason I imagine WWE would sign her. Because they have no idea what the difference is between "meta" and "heel" heat is. They seem to think any sort of heat is good heat, even though it isn't. It's one of the (many) reasons why WWE as a whole is a sinking ship.

Creatively, WWE is at its most bankrupt its ever been. They drag on feuds for way too long, and they have to be forced into pushing the stars people WANT to see (Becky, Bryan, Asuka, Kofi) opposed to those that Vince wants to see (Charlotte, Baron, Nia, Lars, Lacey). And Eva falls into the category of meta heel, which is the kind that drives away viewers. People aren't going to tune in to see her every week when her only drawing point is that she's attractive.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So they're probably gonna do Eva Vs. Mandy and have her try to take Otis or something? I don't watch it, but that makes sense to get Mandy over

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

lol

lol

lol

lol
why is it that Vylash 's faves are always getting some sort of success

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Whats the one trope of wrestling you would change if you could?

For me, its everything but finishers constantly resulting in two counts. Always fucking hated that.

On a similar note: Finishers not being Finishers. You should be wearing an opponent down enough to use your special move that you get one shot at, because it leaves you open for reversal/retaliation. If you manage to pull off your Finisher, it should end the match, and sometimes that means it might not get used and gets built up to over a few fights.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On a similar note: Finishers not being Finishers. You should be wearing an opponent down enough to use your special move that you get one shot at, because it leaves you open for reversal/retaliation. If you manage to pull off your Finisher, it should end the match, and sometimes that means it might not get used and gets built up to over a few fights.

And to continue on that, it meant more back in the day when someone lost and they said "But he never hit them with their signature 1080 Snapmare!" which creates the natural "yeah, you beat me, but if I were able to hit MY move, I could have won". When they try that these days it's like *laughs in johnny gargano*

Oct 8, 2019

Vince has an understanding of where his audience leans, his not going to actually try to enact change but his also not going to go full UFC like this

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
If only there were more protected finishers in the biz...
LIKE THE KHALLAS
tenor.gif

No, seriously though, it still blows my mind that this move was protected for the entirety of that run
That gif there led to one of the only kickouts I can recall and it took a slow crawl to the pin and a foot on the rope to do so.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
If only there were more protected finishers in the biz...
LIKE THE KHALLAS
tenor.gif

No, seriously though, it still blows my mind that this move was protected for the entirety of that run
That gif there led to one of the only kickouts I can recall and it took a slow crawl to the pin and a foot on the rope to do so.

When the WWE actually wants something to succeed, they know to return to the things that make wrestling good.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Due to the amount of love for Jinder in here, I've added him to my promotion on Fire Pro. It's great.