• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The amount of people sharing that video of Dr. Drew saying that this is all overblown and that the media should shut up about it on social media is outstanding. It's so fucking frustrating knowing that so many people in the US have the same attitude. Don't even know what else to tell them, everyone is like 'bUt wHAt AbOUt thE fLu?!?!'. Shit's infuriating.
Dr Drew?
Like, loveline Dr Drew?
Why the fuck is that dickhead injecting himself into this?

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of people sharing that video of Dr. Drew saying that this is all overblown and that the media should shut up about it on social media is outstanding. It's so fucking frustrating knowing that so many people in the US have the same attitude. Don't even know what else to tell them, everyone is like 'bUt wHAt AbOUt thE fLu?!?!'. Shit's infuriating.
It's what they want to believe. If we get sick enough to be kept out of work for weeks we're fucked. This is easily the kind of thing that can send our working class over the edge. People are scared of that and don't want to even entertain it as a belief. So they pretend nothing's wrong and want everyone to shut up so they can live in blissful ignorance.

There's also total fuckin morons out here as well.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
My coworkers are talking about Amazon giving a $5 million grant to the businesses here in Seattle that are losing business from Amazon employees staying home and not shopping/eating around South Lake Union. The real economic impacts (not just stock prices) of this virus appear to be devastating.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't understand why people feel the need to do this. Is it because they want to feel smarter than everyone else?

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
And today it was still impossible for me to find hydroalcoholic solution...
Yesterday a big bottle that was used for everyone in the studio I was working was missing, someone probably had stolen it...

plow

Oct 28, 2017
168 death is heartbreaking.

General Numbers going down and 280 recovered is a good Thing though.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
^ yeah, same here.

What the actual fuck, assholes stockpiling here (Vancouver, BC) like its the end of the world, leaving none behind for the people who actually need it.

Dentists in Canada are threatening they might have to close because shitheads keep bulk buying facial masks. My partner works in a hospital and they've had to centralize their supply of masks in one place (under lock and key) because people are stealing them

People in this fucking city are just out for themselves, it's disgusting

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And today it was still impossible for me to find hydroalcoholic solution...
Yesterday a big bottle that was used for everyone in the studio I was working was missing, someone probably had stolen it...
The joke is that alcohol is not a scarce resource. We can pretty much make unlimited amount of it, and we can start doing it today. It's just that the free market is a terrible way to allocate resources.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Greece closing schools & universities.

twitter.com

BNO Newsroom on Twitter

“UPDATE: Greece closes all schools and universities across the country as number of coronavirus cases reaches 89 https://t.co/eUoE2b20hL”

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-
tbh I think its because there's bullshit on both sides of it.

Some people are downplaying the severity while others think the world is coming to an end.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I feel so powerless at the moment.

I wish we'd lock shit down now (UK).

Commuting into central London is incredibly anxiety inducing, and it's unfortunate there's no way I could work from home

Last edited:

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So seriously they are just not going to test people from that cruise ship?

If so the real US number is likely well over 1000. And given the general lack of testing all over the country it is probably much higher than that.

The US response actually does mirror the initial Wuhan response.

Downplay and ignore.

navanman

Oct 27, 2017
Dublin
I understood that when the people catching it could have been limited to elderly communities with a limited number of infected, but it appears to be holding at a higher percentage even as it spreads?
2nd oldest population in the world. The original outbreak was in towns with large elderly populations, young people have moved to cities for job opportunities.
85% of those who died had at least 2 pre-existing health conditions.

twitter.com

Tancredi Palmeri on Twitter

“BREAKING NEWS: 168 deaths more with #coronavirus in Italy in last day, toll at 631 The age ranging from 60 to 95 years old. Overall average of total is 81 years old. In 85% cases each was already suffering of two previous disease”

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I was worried about billionaires, but it's good to see our government is taking care of our most vulnerable.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So seriously they are just not going to test people from that cruise ship?

If so the real US number is likely well over 1000. And given the general lack of testing all over the country it is probably much higher than that.

The US response actually does mirror the initial Wuhan response.

Downplay and ignore.

The people from the cruise ship are in quarantine I think, right? I guess their line of thinking is there's no reason to test if they are in quarantine and aren't showing symptoms. Which I think is bad, because apparently you can be an asymptomatic carrier, right?

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a vacation planned for eastern Europe in April. I have an insurance policy on the ticket and wondering if I should postpone it. I'm worried that if I did catch it, I would need to be in quarantine.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
My parents (70+) want to keep doing what they always do. They have a very Keep Calm and Carry On/Spirit of the Blitz attitude. I'm trying to make them see that this is more like refusing to turn your lights off at night during the Blitz. It's not just you who the bombs land on.

Deleted member 33082

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I feel so powerless at the moment.

I wish we'd lock shit down now (UK).

Commuting into central London is incredibly anxiety inducing, so it's unfortunate there's no way I could work from home
Write to your MP. I did so a month ago ago already, go no reply of course, but if the letters start pouring in maybe they'll get the memo. (it would also work as placebo to make you feel less powerless perhaps)