• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just can't see a lockdown working in London. China is authoritarian and can control people. I don't see that here and I can't see the government using force to stop people moving.

It's not control people. The western media report only censorship, lockdown, dr Li.

But they don't report for the 42000 healthcare supporting Wuhan from other provinces. They are all volunteers, everyone volunteered for the chance because they know they have the responsibility.
And you said the media always post the positive news. But in China we have Weibo it is the Chinese version Twitter. And we have the largest mobile internet access. You can't hide the information. Think about it. We have all kinds of information, (some weibo accounts also repost all news from western medias). And actually your government(especially US government) are doing the same thing Wuhan government did. Tell the people it's OK, it's just a flu. Think about it.
We have covid-19 reporting topic #coronavirus patients on Weibo. If you challenge the number in Wuhan, you should come and look into the topic. It got tenth of thousands of post from their family or colleagues on this topic with the patient information. On January we already know it's outbreak and the infected numbers in Wuhan are over 10000. The problem is we don't have that much testing boxes and medical supplies and healthcare people to support the patients. And so the government and people take actions.

We listen because we don't want to get infected. We want to protect our families. Not because our government want to control us. No.

It's because we are not selfish.

Do you know that in January, the people in China donated everything we have to support Wuhan? I donated 90 protection glasses because the doctors in Wuhan Xiehe hospital said on Weibo they lack of supplies. My friend donated 1000cny to Wuhan Red Cross. In one week Hubei Red Cross got billions of donations. Even the young girls donate their money for idols.

And when you talk about the media, I got this covid19 magazine on February. It is recommended for everyone.It contains all the deepest sorrow and faults we met and we did.
twitter.com

Nedda on Twitter

“https://t.co/B9b3EjCyN9”

And we know how stupid your journalist interview the people in Chinatown from Trevor Daily show. And Trump's Twitters.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
France is at level 2.
Probably at level 3 soon.It's expected.

Screenshot-2020-03-10-2020-coronavirus-outbreak-in-Italy-Wikipedia.png
Screenshot-2020-03-10-2020-coronavirus-outbreak-in-France-Wikipedia.png
I realize the poster I'm replying to is banned, however to anyone else, is there a convenient source for this sort of daily data to see the trends in each country?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
And you said the media always post the positive news. But in China we have Weibo it is the Chinese version Twitter. And we have the largest mobile internet access. You can't hide the information. Think about it. We have all kinds of information, (some weibo accounts also repost all news from western medias).
This.

The sinophobia being displayed in this thread is getting out of hand.

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a reputable newspaper, there is no reason to believe this is fake news or anything, but I would wait on this, this is one study being reported by someone I'd imagine is not an expert in the field.
China have not updated their recommended containment protocol, I would be watching that.
[/QUOTE
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.
QUOTE="Chikor, post: 29756543, member: 8376"]
I wouldn't believe the date in the NY Post.
I needed the laugh, thanks!

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
This sounds like a scene out of the actual Hell

No joke, when I first heard about this virus in January and read the details about it, the biggest thing I thought could be a risk is the extreme pressure it could place on any given region's health care capacity, depending on the scale of the outbreak in said region.

After we get Corona in check, the world needs to take a long look at how we respond to pandemics going forward, cause every environmental and health researcher has indicated these things are going to happen with increasing frequency in the not-so-distant future.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018

limenglm

Jan 10, 2019
It's not the central Chinese government. It's just Wuhan government. They already had the lessons.
The mayor of Shanghai has been assigned to Hubei Province. The officer from Henan has been assigned to Wuhan.

Anyway, keep on blaming doesn't help. We are all angry at what Wuhan government did. But we better save the time to prepare and take actions.

Yeah, "The central government is good. It's all the local government's fault". Bullshit. Don't forget it's the central government who sets up all the political structure over the entire country. It's the central government who appoints all the major local governors. The central government has almost infinite power over the local governments, which means the central government should also take at least part of the responsibility.

And you say "They already had the lessons", what lessons? Is any officials being prosecuted and sent to jail? All I see is some local governors removed from their position, who simply disappeared from the public's eyes. Most of them are likely to be appointed to another position after a few years, just like it always happened in the past.

Keep on blaming of course WILL help. It helps to make sure similar event will not occur in the future. The Chinese people are the people that should keep on blaming the most, however I don't think that will happen. A lot of us are already praising the government for their great leadership. Now tell that to the thousands of people who died in the past two months.

Sep 17, 2018
ESslUuZWAAApygl

I realize the poster I'm replying to is banned, however to anyone else, is there a convenient source for this sort of daily data to see the trends in each country?
www.worldometers.info

COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases, deaths, and number of tests per 1 Million population. Historical data and info. Daily...

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017

Imagine the head of a nation posting this and underplaying it yet again. Using total numbers vs % doesn't sound very right?

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It is unsurprising that the right is taking this road.
I suspect this will only get worse moving forward.

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this stage what on earth can we all do?Our governments have messed up massively in dealing with the situation
This is a great question. Here's what we can do as individuals:
1. Keep yourself informed. I know people are tired of the constant news cycle about this, but it's easy to get swept in fake panic news. Keeping informed does not mean reading news reports every five minutes. It means checking proper sources so you can discern fake vs real. I means having the proper data to make rational and informed decisions.
2. Keep others informed. If you have loved ones that may be at risk, let them know about the true nature of this epidemic. Cut through the political garbage and tell the truth. Make sure they are informed so they can keep safe.
3. Follow proper hygiene procedures and sanitary protocol. It will be more difficult to become infected if you wash your hands, don't touch your face, avoid crowded places, and are generally mindful.of your hygiene. The government wasn't going to wash your hands and clean your face anyway.
4. Do not panic-hoard supplies others may need. There is no need for you to go and buy six months worth of toilet paper. Or face masks. Or hand sanitizer. It's ok to buy a bit extra, but hoarding is panic-inducing and at this point may be unnecessary.
5. If you become infected, please be mindful of others. Contact your local health services to determine whether you are at risk or should stay home, self quarantine, and have basic care while there. Not all cases require hospitalization, but it will be up to health services to decide.

The virus is out there and we don't really know the extent of it in some cases (due to lack of testing). Barring someone sneezing into your face, you will have a better chance of avoiding the virus if you keep away from large gatherings, wash your hands thoroughly as much as you can (use logic here: after public transportation, after interacting with others and objects in public, before eating, brushing your teeth, or.in general touching your face, etc), and be mindful while in public.

Good luck.

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.worldometers.info

COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases, deaths, and number of tests per 1 Million population. Historical data and info. Daily...
You know, seeing the "closed cases" and "recovered" numbers makes me feel a lot better. Thank you for sharing.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I wonder if I should preemptively start WFH. But, at the save time, we just had a round of layoffs and I don't want to stick out.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, "The central government is good. It's all the local government's fault". Bullshit. Don't forget it's the central government who sets up all the political structure over the entire country. It's the central government who appoints all the major local governors. The central government has almost infinite power over the local governments, which means the central government should also take at least part of the responsibility.

And you say "They already had the lessons", what lessons? Is any officials being prosecuted and sent to jail? All I see is some local governors removed from their position, who simply disappeared from the public's eyes. Most of them are likely to be appointed to another position after a few years, just like it always happened in the past.

Keep on blaming of course WILL help. It helps to make sure similar event will not occur in the future. The Chinese people are the people that should keep on blaming the most, however I don't think that will happen. A lot of us are already praising the government for their great leadership. Now tell that to the thousands of people who died in the past two months.

Now tell trump about his Twitter mentioning 31000 Americans died of flu and it's just a flu. Tell him he shouldn't use a death number like that to educated your people. It's 1 life becomes death x 31000 times.
Tell the nurse from California that why the government didn't give her covid19 testing but said to her "if you wear protection you won't get infected so you are not supposed to take testing ".
Have the time to blame China than do your own job.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had a pretty ugly case of pneumonia last year, not in the best physical shape and the Doctors office i work at is pretty bad at containing sicknesses. Air conditiones go hot because the employes cant handle 68 degrees. When the flu comes, at least half the personell goes sick. Employees come to work sick and just cough without covering themselves. This shit is making me consider quitting and just stay at home with my savings. Am i overracting?

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So in Quebec they are opening some clinics specifically for this. The thing it seems like the effort should be on making self-test kits, so someone could just deliver it and ask the person to report back.

I'm thinking each of those clinics would become sources of contagion pretty quickly otherwise.

Jun 12, 2018
This is a great question. Here's what we can do as individuals:
1. Keep yourself informed. I know people are tired of the constant news cycle about this, but it's easy to get swept in fake panic news. Keeping informed does not mean reading news reports every five minutes. It means checking proper sources so you can discern fake vs real. I means having the proper data to make rational and informed decisions.
2. Keep others informed. If you have loved ones that may be at risk, let them know about the true nature of this epidemic. Cut through the political garbage and tell the truth. Make sure they are informed so they can keep safe.
3. Follow proper hygiene procedures and sanitary protocol. It will be more difficult to become infected if you wash your hands, don't touch your face, avoid crowded places, and are generally mindful.of your hygiene. The government wasn't going to wash your hands and clean your face anyway.
4. Do not panic-hoard supplies others may need. There is no need for you to go and buy six months worth of toilet paper. Or face masks. Or hand sanitizer. It's ok to buy a bit extra, but hoarding is panic-inducing and at this point may be unnecessary.
5. If you become infected, please be mindful of others. Contact your local health services to determine whether you are at risk or should stay home, self quarantine, and have basic care while there. Not all cases require hospitalization, but it will be up to health services to decide.

The virus is out there and we don't really know the extent of it in some cases (due to lack of testing). Barring someone sneezing into your face, you will have a better chance of avoiding the virus if you keep away from large gatherings, wash your hands thoroughly as much as you can (use logic here: after public transportation, after interacting with others and objects in public, before eating, brushing your teeth, or.in general touching your face, etc), and be mindful while in public.

Good luck.

Great response. This post should be pinned for all to see. Thanks mate

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
My mom nearly died from pneumonia. If I didn't happen to go visit her that day she'll be dead now. Pneumonia ain't no joke, it knocks you on your ass and you're so out of your mind that you don't know you're dying.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every bus should open windows.
No central air conditions are allowed here in bus or office.
No touch body temperature scanner.
Everybody wear face masks.
Daily bus disinfection.

And the sense to stay away from other people.

Funny that they did the exact opposite here, all the new buses have fixed windows and built-in AC now.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I find it really sad that our politicians and leaders are keeping schools open until they find a case at or near specific site(s). Great guys...just three weeks too late. :/

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I had a pretty ugly case of pneumonia last year, not in the best physical shape and the Doctors office i work at is pretty bad at containing sicknesses. Air conditiones go hot because the employes cant handle 68 degrees. When the flu comes, at least half the personell goes sick. Employees come to work sick and just cough without covering themselves. This shit is making me consider quitting and just stay at home with my savings. Am i overracting?
Since you're in the more risky group, no you're not overreacting. Is it not possible to work from home while you search for a new job?

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
We're getting into con season and a lot of cons will very much want to continue regardless of the risks.
Yeah, my university's got an anime con coming up in less than 2 weeks, and we have not heard anything regarding potential cancellations. It's all run by the anime club (which is pretty impressive considering it manages to draw thousands of attendees, industry talent, dozens of vendors etc) but I'd imagine the call would all be on the university, which is already prepping professors to drop everything and start teaching remotely for the remainder of the semester. I've got my weekend tickets and am still looking forward to the con as it's been a yearly tradition for me for the past 4 years. What ever happens happens.

Deleted member 48991

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Japan's numbers are so full of shit and they're so brazen about it.
It does seem Japan is not testing enough so I guess most cases being detected are either known clusters or extreme cases while many mild cases are maybe missed. At the same time the society as a whole is reacting to the virus threat by wearing masks and frequently washing hands. People do stay at home more. Personally I'm working from home because I was commuting between two cities. Companies are reducing both international and domestic business trips. It doesn't seem unrealistic to me that Japan is avoiding an exponential curve due to the measures being taken to reduce the R0.

Kareha

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
United Kingdom
I have a Disney World trip planned in a couple weeks that has been planned for years. I literally have to go because there is no way to get the money back unless they offer refunds.

I'm in the same boat with my trip to Japan at the end of the month. Cost me a lot of money which I can't claim back unless the UK government say traveling to Japan is bad. So at the moment I'm still going and really looking forward to it.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Primarily fever, dry cough (a bad one), fatigue and muscle aches.

Apparently an easy way to identify COVID-19 from other illness is how sudden it comes on. Your feeling ok and then really sick/feverish. Flu you feel unwell/tired before most of the symptoms hit, and a cold comes on gradually through a few days.
As someone with asthma, if my chest starts to feel tight, but I don't have any other symptoms, should I be concerned about infection?