• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this person was going to hospital for another reason because if they went out with symptoms and suspecting they had COVID-19 then that's just infuriating.

EDIT: Okay I missed the line where it said they didn't know. What a nightmare situation.

think I read somewhere last night that the patient had come into contact with someone who came back from Italy who was later tested positive. This tells me that people are still thinking that it's travellers from Asia and China that need to be avoided. They need to update it with anyone who has travelled anywhere in EU and outside to be quarantined and avoided

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
This is unreal, at least for a country like Italy.

Tommasi (Soccer Players Association) declared yesterday night to stop the Serie A. Now Spadafora (Minister of Sport) has asked to the FIGC (Federazione Italiana Gioco Calcio) to suspend Serie A right now, with a match (Parma - Spal) scheduled for 12:30pm. UNREAL.

www.repubblica.it

Coronavirus, Spadafora: ''Lega serie A irresponsabile''. La replica: "Da Governo dichiarazioni contrastanti". Malagò: "Figc fermi il campionato"

Il Ministro dello Sport chiede di fermare la serie A, i club dicono no: "Abbiamo sempre rispettato le indicazioni governative". L'assocalciatori:…
They are taking a final decision in these minutes, it seems. The players of Parma-Spal are still waiting to know if they must play.

Gabe

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I'm talking about how long I should expect a lockdown to last and how many boxes of pasta, bottles of water, raisins, etc. I should start stocking up on. And if a lockdown does occur, how long can I expect it to last? I'm trying to remain level headed in regards to this mess.

Well as of now it's basically a month for us, but there are no obligations to not go to the grocery store and in-city deliveries are not forbidden.
The point of this is not "stay inside the house" in the way it'd be if this was airborne.
The goal is to not spread it around in other (less medically efficient) regions here in Italy, particularly the south.

We expect to reach a peak in infections in 2-3 weeks from now and then, hopefully, a change in the trend curve.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
So the first patient in Nebraska is only 37 and is in critical condition right now, secondary bacterial infection in the lungs. She's so young too! Man, viral pneumonia is terrifying

shit.

im 37 now and a few years ago i had a bad upper respiratory infection (probably viral) that lead to a secondary bacterial infection, got in my blood causing septic shock. i was on a ventilator for 11 days fighting for my life.

its the most terrifying thing, it breaks your mind. i experienced the worst nightmares my brain could come up with, for days on end... i thought i was in hell and would be there for billions of years, i thought i was in WW3 and soldiers had executed my family, etc etc. all felt 100% real. just non-stop hallucinatory agony.

just fucking shoot me instead of ICU treatment thanks. never again.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Serie A match is happening in half an hour, 75 minutes later than originally scheduled. This match will go on, no news about the others yet.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Sweden got an import case from the US, the person has now infected 2 family members and they're also tracking down 10 people he's had close contact with.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, 3 regions of South Italy (Puglia, Campania and Sicilia) are putting everyone who's running away from the red zones in the North into quarantine directly. Those who put other people's lives in danger because they didn't want to mainly stay at their place for a few weeks are now gonna stay 100% alone for a couple weeks.

Karma.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Also, 3 regions of South Italy (Puglia, Campania and Sicilia) are putting everyone who's running away from the red zones in the North into quarantine directly. Those who put other people's lives in danger because they didn't want to mainly stay at their place for a few weeks are now gonna stay 100% alone for a couple weeks.

Karma.

Good.

😤

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Karma.
That's the right call. But everyone regardless of they have the symptoms or not?

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
One thing I've been curious about... those people who are forced quarantine and told they can't leave their homes... does the government supply them with the necessary means to live? Food, water, toilet paper, etc...

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've been curious about... those people who are forced quarantine and told they can't leave their homes... does the government supply them with the necessary means to live? Food, water, toilet paper, etc...

It's not a curfew. People are allowed to leave their homes to go to work and buy groceries. Cops can stop you if you do unnecessary trips. Also the supply for stores will be unaffected so while a lot of people are rushing to the stores atm, there is no danger of things not getting refilled.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
589 cases in Spain, 17 deaths, more than 30 recovered
elpais.com

Últimas noticias del coronavirus, en directo | Sanidad notifica 12.788 nuevos casos y 241 muertos, la segunda cifra de fallecidos más alta de la segunda ola

Fuertes atascos en las salidas de la capital | Illa: “La presidenta de la Comunidad de Madrid ha decidido no hacer nada. La paciencia tiene un límite” | Interior despliega 7.000 agentes de Policía y Guardia Civil | Casado: “Hemos hecho todo lo posible para pactar una norma y ser leales con el...

Still, doesn't look like the situation is out of control and most cases are restricted to a few areas, with police presence already in one of them.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
2 days ago Japan updated that:

The validity of single entry visa and multiple entry visa, including diplomatic and official visa of Japan, which have been issued by Embassies, ConsulatesGeneral and Consulate of Japan in the People's Republic of China, including Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and the Republic of Korea by March 8, 2020, will be temporarily suspended.

In a week more countries might be added to the list. If you have a visa issued to go there, stay informed.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

JRshiff.jpg

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So, I see Tesco is the first of the big UK supermarkets to start rationing certain items. Good.

Analysis from Liberty Marketing has found UK own-brand hand sanitisers are being sold on eBay for huge mark ups, with Lidl 49p sanitisers selling for as much as £24.99 online.

Morrison's £2 hand sanitiser is being sold for £29.99.

The Tesco Health Antibacterial Hand Gel (50ml) is just 75p in-store and is being sold for as much as £9 on eBay.

Last edited:

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
99 cases in austria. (was 104 but gov edited the number to 99 later)

Still ridiculously low compared to switzerland or germany. Weird

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
If any of you guys have romantic partners you need to be getting it on. Sex increases your body's production of antibodies boosting your immune system. It also relieves stress and anxiety, which also boosts your immune system. So get busy Era!

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
The health care system in the Italian region of Lombardy is on the brink of collapse, the head of its crisis response unit has said.

"We're now being forced to set up intensive care treatment in corridors, in operating theatres, in recovery rooms. We've emptied entire hospital sections to make space for seriously sick people," Antonio Pesenti told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

"One of the best health systems in the world, in Lombardy, is a step away from collapse," he said.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
So, I see Tesco is the first of the big UK supermarkets to start rationing certain items. Good.

This is so infuriating to see. People hoarding things and people profiting off situations like this. My general weekly grocery shop has definitely been disrupted by the panic buying even in a small town like mine.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The production of US COVID-19 testing kits was botched. The production facility was contaminated. A large batch of the vital kits was found not to be properly functional. So they had to be recalled.

Instead, local doctors have had to ship samples to the one CDC laboratory capable of testing for the disease. The Atlanta facility was soon swamped.

Exactly how many US citizens have been tested is unknown. The CDC has strangely ceased reporting such vital statistics after Vice President Pence took over as the health agency's public face. Earlier this week he promised "roughly 1.5 million tests" would be available by the end of this week. On Friday, he rolled that promise back: "We don't have enough tests today to meet what we anticipate the demand going forward," he said.

www.news.com.au

Coronavirus: Bungled COVID-19 response putting everyone at risk

Tainted test kits. Censored scientists. Mixed messages. The US health system is struggling to come to grips with COVID-19. Now, it’s reporting the highest fatality rate in the world.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
This is so infuriating to see. People hoarding things and people profiting off situations like this. My general weekly grocery shop has definitely been disrupted by the panic buying even in a small town like mine.
I was shopping for normal groceries and noticed that people had bought up all the normal flour in my local little shop. Funny thing is, the non-regular flours (like spelt flour) was basically untouched. Literally full shelves next to literally empty shelves... people are weird.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
I was shopping for normal groceries and noticed that people had bought up all the normal flour in my local little shop. Funny thing is, the non-regular flours (like spelt flour) was basically untouched. Literally full shelves next to literally empty shelves... people are weird.
Haha. Oh yeah! I noticed people bought all the normal pasta and left the wholewheat pasta. Same for rice. No white rice, lots of brown.