• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
I still
Are there statistics on mortality by age by any chance?

About halfway down this article has a graph for fatality rate by age. The rate starts to jump pretty drastically after the age of 60.

www.businessinsider.com

The latest coronavirus death rate is 3.4% — higher than earlier figures. Older patients face the highest risk.

Experts have predicted that the fatality rate of the disease will decrease as the number of confirmed cases continues to rise.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. This is the same interview where he declared the published CFR rate to be false, because he had a hunch it's a fraction of 1%.

But this is true, isn't it? Nowhere close to everybody with the virus is checking into a hospital. If this has been floating around the US for six weeks, it is self evident that many people have gotten it without even knowing they've had it.

Jan 2, 2018

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
There was just a talk given by Dr Antoni Trilla, Head of the Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology Department of the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona and researcher at ISGlobal.
Corona Virus Myths and facts:
www.youtube.com

Coronavirus: Myths and Facts [Webinar]

This webinar will address the epidemiological situation of the SARS-CoV2 coronavirus and the current scientific knowledge about it. Live on Thursday, 5 March...
This is great. Honestly my biggest fears are how it will effect the economy and in particular my job. Since a vaccine is at least a year out, we could potentially be in a soft quarantine for the next year or more. I work for a company that does marketing for theaters and museums, I'm guessing business is gonna be bad this year with shows being closed due to covid-19. Really don't want to lose my job.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations to the BBC news for winning the award for "most wishful thinking article of the day!"

www.bbc.co.uk

Coronavirus: Retailers warned not to 'exploit' consumers' fears

The competition watchdog is monitoring price rises amid reported shortages of hand gels and face masks.
"Coronavirus: Retailers warned not to 'exploit' consumers' fears"

On the other hand... Why are SKs being so logical

www.businessinsider.com

Face mask and hand sanitizer hoarders face $42,108 fine and up to 2 years in prison under new South Korean law amid coronavirus spread

Stores in the country, including Costco, have reportedly had trouble meeting the demand for face masks.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
They actually let these kids go on this trip this week. SMH.

www.reuters.com

Dutch, fearing coronavirus, brace for return of 900 students from Italian Alps

The Netherlands, anxious to protect the public from coronavirus, is scrambling to put together a plan for the imminent return of around 900 students from a ski trip in northern Italy, at the heart of Europe's worst outbreak of the disease.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017

I work out in Williamson County, and of course this is announced the day I am having coughing fits because my body is finally coughing up the gunk from my cold over the past few days, so I'm certain as everyone in the corporate building sees this news, people will just give me dirty stares all day and avoid me (which I guess isn't entirely a bad thing).

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
They actually let these kids go on this trip this week. SMH.

www.reuters.com

The Netherlands, anxious to protect the public from coronavirus, is scrambling to put together a plan for the imminent return of around 900 students from a ski trip in northern Italy, at the heart of Europe's worst outbreak of the disease.

My gf is going to a Dutch school, a bunch of her friends were in Italy over the "Carnivale" holiday week. I'm sure quite a few of them came back carrying it looking at the numbers out of Italy.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm incredibly worried about my parents who are both in their early 70s.

I really can't stop thinking about it at the moment.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I'm incredibly worried about my parents who are both in their early 70s.

I really can't stop thinking about it at the moment.

I'm in a similar situation. My mom and I both commute into boston on public transit, but my dad is immunocompromised with a history of pneumonia. We're trying to do everything in our power to prevent infecting him, but I'm worried.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Health experts are testifying to congress on covid-19 right now:

Edit: looks like the stream just ended. Still worth a watch.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I work out in Williamson County, and of course this is announced the day I am having coughing fits because my body is finally coughing up the gunk from my cold over the past few days, so I'm certain as everyone in the corporate building sees this news, people will just give me dirty stares all day and avoid me (which I guess isn't entirely a bad thing).

Can't you take a sick day or two to close out the week and spare everyone the angst?

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
mNWPio2.jpg

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Can't you take a sick day or two to close out the week and spare everyone the angst?

Sadly, I do not have enough PTO for that since I used what little I had for taking time off to cut down a tree that hit my house from the storm the other day, and the company doesn't allow people to call off or anything without PTO, as it results in a write-up.

Yatahaze

Jun 17, 2018
At home sick with my twin boys, my wife brought us a cold home. She's better now but it's snot city over here. All sinuscentric hopefully on the upswing now. They are 15 months old so it's impossible to have them practicing good hygiene. Everything in the mouth etc etc

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Don't go. Or wear a mask if we can't stop you.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, I do not have enough PTO for that since I used what little I had for taking time off to cut down a tree that hit my house from the storm the other day, and the company doesn't allow people to call off or anything without PTO, as it results in a write-up.

Make sure to tell this to people if they give you shit. This is the time to get little uprisings happening to get companies to change their PTO policies.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Sigh. This is the same interview where he declared the published CFR rate to be false, because he had a hunch it's a fraction of 1%.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

That idiot needs to play this straight if he has any chance of re election this year. Not that I care at all if he fucks up massively. It's the huge human cost in America that comes along with his stupid stupid mistakes that care about.

The more he downplays this, the MANY more people die.

Not even his rightwing buddies around the world is doing what he is doing.

Fucking insane.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Found a better link

Two Persons test positive for coronavirus in Australia, Taiwan after travel to PH
A man in his 30s went home to northern Taiwan on March 3 after a five-day trip to the Philippines with his friends. The Taiwan Centers for Disease Control reported that the man had diarrhea in the Philippines on March 2 and went to the clinic for dry throat and tiredness after returning to Taiwan.

cnnphilippines.com

Two persons test positive for coronavirus in Australia, Taiwan after travel to PH

A man in his 30s tests positive for coronavirus disease after arriving in northern Taiwan from a five-day trip to the Philippines.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Whole bunch of people from work are on a cruise right now. Little worried for when they get back next week.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd feel a lot more relaxed about this if I didn't have the flight to Orlando booked in the middle of April, if I don't go I lose the £400 I've already paid and go at least another 3 or 4 months without seeing my girlfriend... Still coming down on the side of not going at the moment though

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say in the UK I see more people bring their own cup than the opposite.

You get money off your drink, it's more environmentally friendly and they always fill the cup up which is a bonus as I've got a huge cup.
ahhh so they dont charge based on the size of your cup then? wow. Interesting. Ive never been to Starbuck before.

Oct 27, 2017
Soooo... I travel for work and dozens of my coworkers just got sent to Tennessee. Im expecting I will be going next week.

I hope this Tenn. case is contained. Starting to worry about my work travel and Corona.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
ahhh so they dont charge based on the size of your cup then? wow. Interesting. Ive never been to Starbuck before.

To be fair, i'm not really talking about Starbuck to be honest, any coffee shop in the UK offers it.

I use mainly Pret as it's right next to my office and they take 50p off when you use your own cup, which brings a filter coffee down to 49p.

I do use Startbuck's but mainly when my with is with me.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There was just a talk given by Dr Antoni Trilla, Head of the Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology Department of the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona and researcher at ISGlobal.
Corona Virus Myths and facts:
www.youtube.com

Coronavirus: Myths and Facts [Webinar]

This webinar will address the epidemiological situation of the SARS-CoV2 coronavirus and the current scientific knowledge about it. Live on Thursday, 5 March...

Scanned a few bits.

10 times more deadly than seasonal flu. Still low all things considered but not good for old or frail people.

Low rates of death until 60+ were it goes 3.6%, 70+ 8%, 80+ 14%

UK news said 1/20 might need critical care.