• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Nintendo game talked about by ERA, but never announced in 2020:

• Metroid 5

Votes: 361 33.1%
  • F-Zero

Votes: 140 12.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2

Votes: 209 19.2%
  • Donkey Kong 3D platformer

Votes: 147 13.5%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 35 3.2%
  • Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Remake

Votes: 123 11.3%
  • Star Fox Switch

Votes: 74 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God damn it Nintendo, now I want.... a barbie?

source.gif

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I'd take Borneblood from From Soft on Switch. (Totally unrelated to some obscure PS4 title)

Or DS3, yeah. Don't see myself caring about DS2 at all. Had an awful experience with the SotfS Edition on PS4.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
watch them not tweet anything about TGA and drop a BoTW2 trailer outta nowhere anyway for it lol.

At this point I expect everything and nothing

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Xbox: "Tune tomorrow for TGA"
PlayStation: "Tune tomorrow for TGA"

Nintendo:

I expect nothing, maybe some third parties

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
watch them not tweet anything about TGA and drop a BoTW2 trailer outta nowhere anyway for it lol.

At this point I expect everything and nothing
Small Brain: BotW2 trailer at the Game Awards

Galaxy Brain: BotW2 trailer dropped during the Game Awards on Twitter.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo: "Tune into the game awards...to see honor our hardworking developers as they accept their awards. We are thankful for our hardworking staff and dedicated fans."

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Nintendo doesn't want to tell us to tune into the Game Awards because they don't even want us to know they're there because BOTW2's trailer is gonna be a huge surprise (except for those of us who know and have bet on it being there)

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
Is there usually an eShop sale to go along with the Game Awards? I'm not expecting any incredible deals, just curious.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Playstation tweeted out to tune for TGA. Nintendo...why have you forsaken us?

Gamer_Gian

Feb 9, 2020

Bill replied to a post by Reggie about the show... means nothing but I mean at least Nintendo isn't forcing their employees not to talk about the show XD

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
At this point, the most I expect is purely third party announcements. So stuff like Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Disco Elysium, maybe Ghosts n' Goblins

RealDealRusty

Jan 8, 2019
Wait what happened with the joycon situation?

Edit: I see now. Dam people rushed to a conclusion on that one.

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what happened with the joycon situation?

There's a list:
1) C&D was in September but only surfaced now just as the maker is launching a new business
2) C&D in September was likely prompted because he was making Mario 35th Anniversary pins that were clearly based on the official mould
3) Tried to get people to get a hashtag trending to launch a new indiegogo
4) New indiegogo promised less of the money goes to charity than the previous one
5) Etika's brother criticises maker because he never consulted them before using his name to sell their wares.
6) Creator of the Etikons says Etika's brother is attacking him, the family doesn't want the money going to charity

There's probably more but those are probably the important points.

Gotta react and dip and then falsely reference in the future.

Yep.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
1) C&D was in September but only surfaced now just as the maker is launching a new business
2) C&D in September was likely prompted because he was making Mario 35th Anniversary pins that were clearly based on the official mould
3) Tried to get people to get a hashtag trending to launch a new indiegogo
4) New indiegogo promised less of the money goes to charity than the previous one
5) Etika's brother criticises maker because he never consulted them before using his name to sell their wares.
6) Creator of the Etikons says Etika's brother is attacking him, the family doesn't want the money going to charity
what a fucking grifter holy shit

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That guy selling the Etikons is probably a Nintendo plant who has now been conveniently exposed to discredit the #FreeMelee movement.

/s obviously

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
If there is literally nothing from Nintendo tomorrow, the online discourse is going to be bruuuuutal (even more than usual)

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Hopefully January ends up being decent. Another partner showcase, a Smash reveal, and Bowser's Fury details all seem probable.

Do I dare hope for any new first party announcements? No, I just can't. The total radio silence on that front has trained me to expect the worst at all times.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If there is literally nothing from Nintendo tomorrow, the online discourse tomorrow is going to be bruuuuutal

There hasn't been "nothing" from Nintendo any year TGA has run, right?

The people who would complain won't be happy anyway because they didn't get a full E3 directs worth of announcements from them and only got 1-2 smaller projects, maybe including DLCs, but that's those people's problem.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Considering that the main Nintendo of America Twitter hasn't said a word about The Game Awards gives me little hope for tomorrow.

Pakooly

Jun 25, 2020
After how barren this year has been in terms of big Nintendo game announcements, I think that bringing nothing to the Game Awards would be a missed oportunity to hype up their 2021, but i don't know anymore.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
That Pokemon GO event looks like a sponsored event for TGA. It's not actually TPC telling people to watch, it's crosspromo like the recently announced movie event in GO.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Many "official" charities are just giant scams. That's why you always need to do research about what percentage of a charities donations actually goes to benefitting people and how much of it goes to "administration". That's why when corporations do charity events, lawyers get involved to look out for anything sketchy. Of course any company would shoot down an unlicensed product because without official involvements because otherwise they have no way of knowing where people's money is actually going.

Status
Not open for further replies.