One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Should get a Metroid + Zelda anniversary direct
Prediction
Metroid V announced for H2
OoT+MM 3D HD Q1
WW+TP HD Q2
Hunters 99/Hunters Online - Battle Royal or Arena Shooter NSO exclusive Shadowdrop
SSHD Q3
GB/C/A Online with Fusion, ZM, Oracles, Link's Awakening and Minish Cap highlighted Shadowdrop
Fusion Remake announced 2022
Oracles remake announced - combines both games and cut content 2022
Samus Returns HD H1
Link Between Worlds HD H2
BOTW2 full gameplay trailer Q4
MP4 teaser and MPT announced for H1

Sounds good. I still have another hour of work before my holidays begin, but after that I'll be breaking out the Guinness. Can't wait. Been a long year.
Excellent choice!

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Prediction
Metroid V announced for H2
OoT+MM 3D HD Q1
WW+TP HD Q2
Hunters 99/Hunters Online - Battle Royal or Arena Shooter NSO exclusive Shadowdrop
SSHD Q3
GB/C/A Online with Fusion, ZM, Oracles, Link's Awakening and Minish Cap highlighted Shadowdrop
Fusion Remake announced 2022
Oracles remake announced - combines both games and cut content 2022
Samus Returns HD H1
Link Between Worlds HD H2
BOTW2 full gameplay trailer Q4
MP4 teaser and MPT announced for H1

Excellent choice!

You forgot to add Kraid in Smash!

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Celebrate Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong Anniversaries with something that's actual worth celebrating - new games!
Instead of half assed collections like Mario got.

A properly revamped collection I could take though..

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just realized that I'm gonna be pretty sad if the Switch Pro is powerful enough to play several OG Switch games at 60fps but they don't get patched for it D:

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Team December wins!

Wait, what do you mean this isn't a Nintendo Direct?

Turns out they already leaked the Switch Pro:

Efe29zgUMAEekTF

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
I just realized that I'm gonna be pretty sad if the Switch Pro is powerful enough to play several OG Switch games at 60fps but they don't get patched for it D:
Welcome to the fresh hell of owning a PS5. There's a huge amount of PS4 games locked at 30. Quite a few of the games from their PS+ Collection they give for free for buying a PS5 are locked at 30FPS. It's obnoxious.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Us Europeans will have the OG 50hz version, for full authenticity !! (Apparently, back in the Wii U days, internally Nintendo was discussing weither EU folks should keep having 50hz releases for Virtual Console or not because they are pretty strict with the authenticity of experience lol, probably also the reason why they kept SM64 at a 4:3 ratio.)
Oh god, don't encourage them!

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to the fresh hell of owning a PS5. There's a huge amount of PS4 games locked at 30. Quite a few of the games from their PS+ Collection they give for free for buying a PS5 are locked at 30FPS. It's obnoxious.

I don't expect every game to get a patch seeing as changing target framerates can be a bit tricky sometimes. But I assume some of the evergreens might get patches for 4k/DLSS support anyway. So it would be disappointing if games like BotW or Mario Kart 8.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I mean, that's my biggest fear anyways with a potential Pro. Sure, it's nice to have the better hardware and have future games take advantage of it, first party games especially, but possibly also third party ports. But replaying some of the Switch's classics up until that point would be just as sweet a deal as better performance for new games. And yet I think many, many OG Switch games won't see one single patch to address this.

At least there are enough games with dynamic resolution scaling that could benefit from a Pro day one, but that's only a half step in the end.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
This is my biggest concern. Imagine if the revision is capable of playing Xenoblade at native resolution and 60fps but Monolith dosen't patch it.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I even care if old games run better, I just expect I'll have to buy one for future games and the possibility of some exclusives.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
This is my biggest concern. Imagine if the revision is capable of playing Xenoblade at native resolution and 60fps but Monolith dosen't patch it.
1080/720p modes @60 fps would be huuuge news for a game like Xeno, even if it doesn't really need that framerate in terms of gameplay. Would be pretty slick, tho, ngl.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Switch Pro is real, Monolith patches both Xenoblades but uses the extra power for better lighting and grass rendering instead of increasing resolution

300px-Mike_Wazowski-Sulley_Face_Swap.jpg

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Steamworld devs are doing a giveaway (5000 keys) for their various (and totally awesome) Steamworld games (Dig / Dig 2 / Quest / Heist). First 5000 entries can get either a Switch or Steam key - US keys but obviously can be redeemed by anyone with a US Switch eshop account)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScS7dHK7A8icOorGWwmaWRSI1gwAg45fkKEceEthAcegz3yBA/viewform
Hmm...this was posted 6+ hours ago. I wonder if I even have a chance lol.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Nintendo takes VR serious at some point and puts out a high end product.

If Nintendo goes through VR I want them to actually just make an entirely VR system. A peripheral that costs hundreds of dollars and then has likely VR only games on that on top of whatever system you have to buy wouldn't feel so great. Right now the Switch has peripheral like the Ring Fit and the Mario Kart which are fractions of the cost of what a VR system would be.

Nintendo has been the generally affordable option for decades and I'm hoping that doesn't change by releasing some 300-400+ dollar headset.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Nintendo goes through VR I want them to actually just make an entirely VR system. A peripheral that costs hundreds of dollars and then has likely VR only games on that on top of whatever system you have to buy wouldn't feel so great. Right now the Switch has peripheral like the Ring Fit and the Mario Kart which are fractions of the cost of what a VR system would be.

Nintendo has been the generally affordable option for decades and I'm hoping that doesn't change by releasing some 300-400+ dollar headset.
That won't happen anytime soon so I really don't care for that. I'll take the headset now and VR system down the road.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
What you're expecting: Zelda and Metroid collections to celebrate the 35th anniversaries
What you'll get: Pokemon 25th Anniversary merch, Pokemon Let's Go Sinnoh, Pokemon Red and Blue on the eshop (3 month limited time offer)

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
What you're expecting: Zelda and Metroid collections to celebrate the 35th anniversaries
What you'll get: Pokemon 25th Anniversary merch, Pokemon Let's Go Sinnoh, Pokemon Red and Blue on the eshop (3 month limited time offer)

I would definitely take Pokemon games on the eShop over Zelda and Metroid collections. Unless the Metroid collection has Fusion.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, that's my biggest fear anyways with a potential Pro. Sure, it's nice to have the better hardware and have future games take advantage of it, first party games especially, but possibly also third party ports. But replaying some of the Switch's classics up until that point would be just as sweet a deal as better performance for new games. And yet I think many, many OG Switch games won't see one single patch to address this.

At least there are enough games with dynamic resolution scaling that could benefit from a Pro day one, but that's only a half step in the end.
I think initially in the first few years at least the pro will be a a device for 4k output. Most games will probably work the same with Switch but the most popular games will definitely get patched for 4k and if theirs room will also get frame rate bumps and other improvements. I also believe all of Nintendo's output will be built with 4k in mind. Can't wait for Pikmin 4K.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I refuse to believe any Metroid rumors. Even if a Metroid game is announced, I won't believe it is real until it is in my hands and I'm playing it. This is what Nintendo has done to me.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The return of a brand new DK and a brand new Metroid along with BotW 2, Pokémon Snap will already making 2021 better than this year for me.

Samus95

Jun 18, 2020
I actually belive that n will use the anniversary of Metroid to lunch Metroid V and announce Trilogy

In the end you have Metroid games to sellx why not use the anniversary as a marketing tool

1 gift from stealthyfrog

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Deleted member 51691!

This is a three-day raffle that will expire in 72 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (North America) Nintendo Switch (North America): $10 eShop credit - Won by Brofield Brofield (33 entries)

Status
Not open for further replies.