• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what's the rumored
Lineup this year?
As of now for Nintendo published games.

Yoshi's Crafted World
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Daemon X Machina
Pokémon gen 8
2D Zelda
Star Fox GP
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Bayonetta 3 or Kamiya's new IP
A couple eShop games
1 or 2 Wii U ports (besides NSMBU Deluxe)

Bonus-
SNES Online Classic
N64 Mini in some fashion for me

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Well if Nintendo stays on schedule with their releases, then I have 5 certain-buys this year from Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and the rumored Zelda and Metroid Prime Trilogy. One is a port but damn can't believe a year would have all that and possibly more to come. It's going to be great just have to be patient.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I was at around 750 Korok seeds....I should really go back and try to wrap that up. Good excuse to go back to that game too.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Ha! nope. I'm not brave enough to attempt that.
lol same here. i thought i would be until i got deep into the game and saw how huge it was.
I think I was at around 750 Korok seeds....I should really go back and try to wrap that up. Good excuse to go back to that game too.

750?! wow you brave brave soul lol. btw i am having trouble finding that creature who gives item slots in exchange for kurok seeds. i already have gotten two divine beasts and completed camera memories quests, so where would he be?

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lol same here. i thought i would be until i got deep into the game and saw how huge it was.

750?! wow you brave brave soul lol. btw i am having trouble finding that creature who gives item slots in exchange for kurok seeds. i already have gotten two divine beasts and completed camera memories quests, so where would he be?

If I recall correctly (location spoilers)
the first time you meet him, he's hanging around on the side of one of the roads heading to Kakariko Village. After that encounter, he'll be by the Great Deku Tree in the middle of the Lost Woods for the rest of the game.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Yoshi's Crafted World
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Daemon X Machina
Pokémon gen 8
2D Zelda
Star Fox GP
A couple eShop games

Bonus-
SNES Online Classic
That'd be a pretty decent lineup with something for everyone. Just need some more RPGs, but I guess DQXIS will count for that.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018

Yoshi's Crafted World
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Daemon X Machina
Pokémon gen 8
2D Zelda
Star Fox GP
A couple eShop games

Bonus-
SNES Online Classic
Ninjala

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That'd be a pretty decent lineup with something for everyone. Just need some more RPGs, but I guess DQXIS will count for that.
Yeah RPG's will have to come from third party, but I'm good.

I got DQXIS
Final Fantasy 7,9,10,10-2,12
Tales of Vesperia just came out

Also I'm super hyped for Dragon Quest Builders 2! Nintendo is publishing it in the west.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
If I recall correctly (location spoilers)
the first time you meet him, he's hanging around on the side of one of the roads heading to Kakariko Village. After that encounter, he'll be by the Great Deku Tree in the middle of the Lost Woods for the rest of the game.

thanks! will check. been looking for him forever.

Dec 31, 2018
Well if Nintendo stays on schedule with their releases, then I have 5 certain-buys this year from Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and the rumored Zelda and Metroid Prime Trilogy. One is a port but damn can't believe a year would have all that and possibly more to come. It's going to be great just have to be patient.
Yeah. Almost feels like they're compensating for the MP4 delay/restart

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think people should be too concerned about Nintendo Switch's pipeline for 2019.

First quarter is certainly a bit light, but we'll get release dates and news for other titles coming in 2019 fairly soon.
Nintendo's first party line up for 2019 is fairly strong and also a bit varied which is good to see. It's just Nintendo will require all of them to be received well because first party titles are one of the main drivers for Switch atm.
Third party will be more of the same. By that I mean do expect ports of older titles. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but the amount of 'new' third parties (that aren't family / JP games) won't be that different from last year.
Certainly a few big surprises this year though.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I don't think people should be too concerned about Nintendo Switch's pipeline for 2019.

First quarter is certainly a bit light, but we'll get release dates and news for other titles coming in 2019 fairly soon.
Nintendo's first party line up for 2019 is fairly strong and also a bit varied which is good to see. It's just Nintendo will require all of them to be received well because first party titles are one of the main drivers for Switch atm.
Third party will be more of the same. By that I mean do expect ports of older titles. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but the amount of 'new' third parties (that aren't family / JP games) won't be that different from last year.

Thank goodness. "Fairly soon" is all I needed to hear.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That's great to hear, especially the "few big surprises this year".

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see how Retro designs Samus. Always liked how she looked in the Prime games.

Tho I do like that they made her more muscular in Smash Ultimate.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think "fairly soon" is next week. I'm still not feeling "it" that it's happening next week. It's still too quiet.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yeah I'm changing my prediction to March for the Direct. If I'm wrong then it's a neat surprise but if I'm right I wouldn't have felt too burned by the lack of any news. There's just too little 'buzz' about a Direct right now and, even though the Metroid announcement is suspect, I think it must be for other reasons outside of "there's a Direct next week and we don't want to disappoint you."

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
It's so funny to watch the flips in optimism and predictions of the Direct. Just a few hours ago it was "next week" and already, by just the phrase "fairly soon" being used, it's March.

I like you guys.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's lineup is pretty solid already for 2019 but Fire Emblem pretty much blows away anything from the currently known and rumored lineup for me. I dont particularly care for Yoshi, Animal Crossing or Pokemon but the rest looks solid.

I'm really hoping for more support from Japan first and foremost and some surprise western titles thrown in.

Nier Automata
Soul Calibur 6
Tekken
Ace combat
Resident Evil 2/7/5/6
A game by Platinum
Kingdom Hearts 3

Is what I expect to happen at some point coming from Japan. Im hoping some exclusives too. I expect mostly older ports from western devs with some surprises like Rage 2, Overwatch, Call of Duty.

Plum

May 31, 2018
It's so funny to watch the flips in optimism and predictions of the Direct. Just a few hours ago it was "next week" and already, by just the phrase "fairly soon" being used, it's March.

I like you guys.

That's kinda what happens when you've got a company as unpredictable and tight-lipped as Nintendo lol. One minute there's a prediction that makes sense and then in the next minute you realise that this is Nintendo we're talking about and what 'makes sense' isn't what they always do.

The only truth is that there's no getting off Furukawa-San's Wild Ride.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Nintendo's lineup is pretty solid already for 2019 but Fire Emblem pretty much blows away anything from the currently known and rumored lineup for me. I dont particularly care for Yoshi, Animal Crossing or Pokemon but the rest looks solid.

I'm really hoping for more support from Japan first and foremost and some surprise western titles thrown in.

Nier Automata
Soul Calibur 6
Tekken
Ace combat
Resident Evil 2/7/5/6
A game by Platinum
Kingdom Hearts 3

Is what I expect to happen at some point coming from Japan. Im hoping some exclusives too. I expect mostly older ports from western devs with some surprises like Rage 2, Overwatch, Call of Duty.
Ace Combat and Kingdom Hearts 3 are pretty much "not gonna happen" -level of tech.
Dunno about all the others.
Personally would love Nier and I am really waiting what Platinum is going to show.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France

Thanks. Can we also expect several first party Wii U ports for this year as well ?

Deleted member 50366

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Based on what I've seen from both games I'd say DQXI is a much less demanding game. And from what I've understood even that is going to be downgraded substantially on technical level.

I really don't know but I've heard that DQXI is 30 fps on PS4 while KH3 is 60. I think that we'll se it, but it's based just on hope.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
WiiU ports could be
Pikmin 3
Mario 3D World
And maybe Nintendo Land? That one could work with 2 Switches and maybe reworking some games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Devil Third should have a second chance
c07.gif

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want Pikmin 3. I want Pikmin 4 >:c
I'm with you on this, but honestly, at this point, I'll take whatever Pikmin I can get. I adore the franchise and 3 was a masterclass in level design, and while I'd still be very happy with a port of 3, I'd happily quit gaming if we can just get a 4th.

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
Speaking of ports, if someone could spare a minute or two to drag and drop over Dr. Luigi, that would be swell. I totally overdosed on that one with far too many hours sank into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.