• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I know they have differences but having ARMS, I would prefer NLG to make Mario Strikers instead of a new Punch Out

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Fuck it - let's get some avatar bets going in the new thread.

Just reply to this post with the relevant # and I'll sign you up.

#TEAMTHISWEEK
  • stealthyfrog
  • streetsweeper
  • GJ
  • ThisisBlitz21

or

#TEAMNOTTHISWEEK
  • OwOtacon
  • seloth
  • TheAggroCraig
  • Kokonoe

or

#teamhopefullythisweekbutifnotthennextweekisfinenotreallyabigdealtomeaslongasitssoonish

• srtrestre
stealthyfrog
streetsweeper
GJ
ThisIsBlitz21

Yáll are going to have an avatar change

I don't know what to just yet - though since this is a low stakes one, how about

this rainbow wolf for 3 days.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can we just let Reggie have a nice retirement party

tenor.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reggie is getting a Mother 3 retirement cake.

I have a feeling Doug Bowser is going to be good for Nintendo. He seems to have a good humor and I hope it shows through in Nintendo's E3 direct.

I can see him playing up being "Bowser" in the Direct.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I can't lie; I am a bit disappointed that we didn't get a "Reggie Direct" before the 15th, but i'm still willing to sacrifice the announcements from said fictional Direct in order to get one last Reggie skit as a farewell gift.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't think anyone needs to be worried or anything, but Nintendo already has (or will already have) most of their biggest franchises already on Switch by the end of this year.

Core Mario title -- Super Mario Odyssey
Core Zelda title - Breath of the Wild (along with Link's Awakening)
Pokemon title - Sword/Shield, Let's Go
Smash - Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Kirby - Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi - Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem - Fire Emblem Three Houses
Mario Party - Super Mario Party
Mario Maker - Super Mario Maker 2
Splatoon - Splatoon 2
Animal Crossing - Animal Crossing Switch

The only big franchises without dedicated Switch games are Donkey Kong, Pikmin, and Mario Kart. But two of those (and maybe soon to be all three) are present in the form of ports.

It does cause one to wonder what Nintendo has planned for 2020. A new core Super Mario title? Mario Kart 9? Splatoon 3? Breath of the Wild 2?
At this point, they'd be better off saving Splatoon 3 for the Switch's successor. Likewise, while an argument could be made for doing Mario Kart 9 now, the fact that MK8D is still selling may push that possibility to said Switch successor.

Imagine only buying Nintendo games.
Outside of Sonic Mania & Mega Man 11, my library is exclusively first party games (the reason I bought my Switch).

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Why would Nintendo even do a Reggie direct? He has not had a huge presence in Directs in the past has he? Aside from a few side gags.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With Star Wars Celebration over, it's quite apparent that the license going to EA was really the worst outcome for Nintendo. We're in year three and the only Star Wars game on the horizon is SW Pinball. Pathetic.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
With Star Wars Celebration over, it's quite apparent that the license going to EA was really the worst outcome for Nintendo. We're in year three and the only Star Wars game on the horizon is SW Pinball. Pathetic.

I wouldn't jump any conclusions too early. I still expect Star Wars to make bigger presence in Switch in the future, with or without EA. Nintendo is very close to Disney with Marvel game, I'd be shocked if talks about a potential SW game on Switch between them never happened.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't jump any conclusions too early. I still expect Star Wars to make bigger presence in Switch in the future, with or without EA. Nintendo is very close to Disney with Marvel game, I'd be shocked if talks about a potential SW game on Switch between them never happened.

Nintendo's licensing agreement with Marvel Games has little influence on LucasArts due to the silo structure of Disney.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
See, this is why you get depressed all the time, you get your hopes up on the most way-out speculation possible, and then become miserable when they inevitably fail to occur...

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I don't think the Switch is powerful enough to run the new SW game...

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anyone needs to be worried or anything, but Nintendo already has (or will already have) most of their biggest franchises already on Switch by the end of this year.

Core Mario title -- Super Mario Odyssey
Core Zelda title - Breath of the Wild (along with Link's Awakening)
Pokemon title - Sword/Shield, Let's Go
Smash - Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Kirby - Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi - Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem - Fire Emblem Three Houses
Mario Party - Super Mario Party
Mario Maker - Super Mario Maker 2
Splatoon - Splatoon 2
Animal Crossing - Animal Crossing Switch

The only big franchises without dedicated Switch games are Donkey Kong, Pikmin, and Mario Kart. But two of those (and maybe soon to be all three) are present in the form of ports.

It does cause one to wonder what Nintendo has planned for 2020. A new core Super Mario title? Mario Kart 9? Splatoon 3? Breath of the Wild 2?

New IP can still be a thing, and some of the major franchises usually get two entries on Nintendo consoles. The "concerns" about Nintendo's lineup, every year on this board, are getting old. They've delivered spectacularly since launch, the lineup this year is insane. Why don't we just trust that whatever they have in the pipeline for 2020 is going to be good?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's licensing agreement with Marvel Games has little influence on LucasArts due to the silo structure of Disney.

I still don't think Nintendo would be happy with their sole platform being without a SW game. If they can fund a Marvel game they can sure fund a SW game for Switch too. Whether it's a new game or a remaster (mmmm, Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy HD remasters...).

See, this is why you get depressed all the time, you get your hopes up on the most way-out speculation possible, and then become miserable when they inevitably fail to occur...

A Star Wars game on a Nintendo platform is the "most way-out".... What we have come to...

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think we can expect a Lego Star Wars game... eventually. Maybe an anthology game including Rogue One, Solo, Episode VIII, and Episode IX?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I think we can expect a Lego Star Wars game... eventually. Maybe an anthology game including Rogue One, Solo, Episode VIII, and Episode IX?

I think a remaster more likely than Lego games, which seems to be blocked by EA (we didn't get TLA Lego game, this is best explanation for that). But the Pinball Switch game proves that old games and remasters are excluded in that deal. Maybe we could get Unleashed collection? Maybe Nintendo revives that Rogue Squadron trilogy? Maybe a Jedi Knight HD collection?

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.