• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
First of all, I was joking. Mostly.

Listen, I'm not doubting, but I've asked for receipts multiple times and all I've been given is flowery words. I dug through a year of his Reddit history and all he's done is mundane "I found this in a driver" posts.

I'm asking why something that's is magnitudes larger than anything he's done before is suddenly gospel. Outside of latching on to it for console wars which many have done.
"The joke" is recidivist.

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
lol at all the replies in this thread. timdog, blue nueghro and all the misterxmedia disciples just loving it. what a sad bunch of individuals. i remember being mad at lockhart because i didnt want the baseline of next gen consoles to be that low. they are hoping for it. bizarre.

for the record it says the following:
- navi 10
- 2.0 ghz
- gddr6 ram at 1750 mhz
- 2gb something. cant be ram.
- 2gb_2GB1Cs_16b - no idea what this means.
Did he make jump to conclusions about 36CU based on it saying navi10?

Kevo

Oct 17, 2019
For a moment there we lived in a world where consoles would be more powerful than the average gaming PC.

Next gen consoles will be much more powerful than the average PC. Just take a look at the Steam statistics. It looks like to me they will be more powerful than 95% of pc gaming rigs. Less 6% of PC gamers have more than 16gbs of ram.
less than 6% have 8cpus. Less than 5%have a graphics card better than a Nvidia GTX1080.... the Xbox One X alone may be better than the average Gaming PC rig hahaha

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
If true, can someone explain the logic to go with relatively few CUs with super high clocks? Even regarding BC can't you just disable whatever amount of CUs you need when running a PS4 game?

Even if you wanted to go with a cheaper console wouldn't the price of cooling skyrocket with a design like this?

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
You 100% did not sound like you were joking, and you're assuming some of us are just latching on to console wars because it fits a narrative you want to believe and that is bullshit. Data mining drivers is not "flowery words".

There are different levels of leaks. Datamined information from drivers, or x-rays of chips I personally place higher than even official MS and Sony info.

That's how we found out about Nvidia's 970 ram debacle, or Wii-U's GPU configuration.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
just saying you went out of your way to proclaim you are right and everyone else is a sucker, without really, actually knowing shit. i'd hesitate to post anything at this point with that much confidence, but you do you
The only things left to be confirmed are the 10+ tflops... 😊
Everything else has been on point. MS seems well on it's way to confirm it. Sony will too. Again, credible people who have been right. 12 vs 9 would go against what both Klee, Matt and Jason have been saying for months! (That's a 33 % difference). Klee didn't seem surprised by the 12 tflops number for SX. What's your credible source? What do you believe?

And please stop making it out to be like I'm pulling shit out of my ass. My belief stems from them being right on multiple occasions!

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
The one thing I go back to is this quote from Jim Ryan:

"As we move towards the next-generation in 2020, one of our tasks--probably our main task--is to take that community and transition it from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, and at a scale and pace that we've never delivered on before."

If he's talking transitioning the playerbase, I'm not sure how they accomplish the goal with a $499 console.

If he's taking the playerbase's games, purchases, backwards compatibility stance, then price isn't a consideration and a $499 PS5 is possible.

My hunch would be a $399 PS5.

It's like you've listened to people in the know. Kudos.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
There are different levels of leaks. Datamined information from drivers, or x-rays of chips I personally place higher than even official MS and Sony info.

That's how we found out about Nvidia's 970 ram debacle, or Wii-U's GPU configuration.
Yeah this is directly from the source, not an "insider" that may or may not know anything relevant. But it's not completely positive so we get 10 pages of people losing their shit and mods threatening death sentences over it, embarrassing.

AGE2019

May 5, 2019
Actually it does, $299 4TF Lockhart, $499 12TF Anaconda and $399 9TF PS5 in between.

This makes sense but I would adjust all the prices up. Remember XB1X with a Jaguar CPU and 6TF GCN GPU was $500 and a PS4 Pro with Jag CPU and a 4.2 TF GPU is still $400.
These consoles will have expensive GDDR6/HBM Ram and SSD's. Also Navi Architecture runs hot so better cooling and packaging will also push the price up.
$350 - $400 4TF Lockhart, $600 12TF Anaconda, $500 9.2TF PS5 would be my guess. If these specs are true Games can target 1800P on PS5 and be Native on XSX.
Remember XB1X with a Jaguar CPU and 6TF GCN GPU was $500 and a PS4 Pro with Jag CPU and a 4.2 TF GPU is still $400.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
lol at all the replies in this thread. timdog, blue nueghro and all the misterxmedia disciples just loving it. what a sad bunch of individuals. i remember being mad at lockhart because i didnt want the baseline of next gen consoles to be that low. they are hoping for it. bizarre.

- navi 10
- 2.0 ghz
- gddr6 ram at 1750 mhz
That has nothing to do with the thread. The source is what it is.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017

Listen, I'm not doubting, but I've asked for receipts multiple times and all I've been given is flowery words. I dug through a year of his Reddit history and all he's done is mundane "I found this in a driver" posts.

I'm asking why something that's is magnitudes larger than anything he's done before is suddenly gospel. Outside of latching on to it for console wars which many have done.
To be fair K.Jack, a lot of people cheerleading a 9TF PS5 are Playstation fans who just don't want to fork over $499.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i think its because he is talking about oberon and ariel leaks that were corroborated by komachi and have been a staple of these threads. i agree that it shouldnt be treated as gospel but we tend to do that here when it comes to any bad news about the ps5. im glad you are starting to notice that too. like i said, its been this way since the beginning.

Ariel, Ariel B0 and Oberon were leaked today by komachi who said that amd is working on these gpus at the moment. ariel is gonzalo and oberon is the 2.0 ghz gpu that came with the base ps4 and pro clock speeds. all we were missing were CU counts which he seems to have provided.

i am not dismissing it simply because of the komachi connection. but i agree its a little too presumptious to disregard everything else we have heard about these consoles. i posted about the other rumors that dont line up with this a few minutes ago.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017

- navi 10
- 2.0 ghz
- gddr6 ram at 1750 mhz
2Gb mem chips. 1750mhz is ram speed, I think, so these would be overclocked 16Gb/s chips, same as on NV super series.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I'd be careful of jokes in the thread.. I got a warning for one despite not participating in console wars.. just trying to insert some levity in a thread desperately in need of a laugh at times.

I didn't say it was a good joke, but hey.. :D

Jun 23, 2019
Holy shit. The last few pages have been embarrassing. I really think we should stop posting this Rogame guy. He is posting things with no context and some of the more zealous participants in this thread are taking it as gospel for obvious reasons. I'm starting to like the idea of shutting this thread down until we get some actual big news because this is getting to "Carnival of Stupid" levels.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
You 100% did not sound like you were joking, and you're assuming some of us are just latching on to console wars because it fits a narrative you want to believe and that is bullshit.
I wish I could take you behind the current. Your peers decide what they think is console warring, and the insane amount of reports for it since the tweets were posted speak volumes.

I am here because I want this thread to exist. I have don't create the narrative, I save the ship.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't followed all of this, but I wouldn't bat an eye at 9 tflops. I don't think that's the case, but I'd be fine with it. The idea they're going with a jaguar CPU is impossible to take seriously though.

9 tflops would probably help them more than 12 or 14 anyway. They'd still have a huge graphics leap over last gen, and they'd be significantly cheaper. You know, the ACTUAL thing that matters. The start of last Gen has just melted people's brains.

PS4 didn't blow up the Xbox One because it was more powerful. It did it because it was powerful and 100 dollars less. And, basically, it wasn't another PS3 (launching a year later at TWO HUNDRED dollars more). Short of Sony being that dumb again, MS was always doomed worldwide. But it really was the cost difference that made the biggest impact. Like it has since basically forever.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
"Sony doesn't do MP", Christ. There are multiple Sony exclusives with MP already with likely more to come. I also need PS+ to keep my already existing library of free games. I've already told you that I would need both, maybe you should try listening to me instead of thinking that your purchasing habits are everyone else's. I don't really care about Halo, Gears and Forza, but I'm not telling you that you don't need to buy an Xbox on that basis.
Your post implied that subs are mandatory to everyone, not just you. I disagree.

As for Sony and MP, this isn't the thread for it.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
The one thing I go back to is this quote from Jim Ryan:

"As we move towards the next-generation in 2020, one of our tasks--probably our main task--is to take that community and transition it from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, and at a scale and pace that we've never delivered on before."

If he's talking transitioning the playerbase, I'm not sure how they accomplish the goal with a $499 console.

If he's taking the playerbase's games, purchases, backwards compatibility stance, then price isn't a consideration and a $499 PS5 is plausible.

My hunch would be a $399 PS5.

I'd disagree with this.

The PS4 wasn't even supposed to launch at $399. That was a last minute change Sony went for once they caught wind of the Xbox One being $499. The playstation camera was axed from the box to hit the $399 price point, and done so quietly in order to maintain that $100 advantage.

This was coming off of the PS3, Sony's weakest selling console ever, and with Microsoft still being the dominant player in the US. They were confident up until the last second that the PS4 could be sold at a higher price than $399.

The PS5 is in a FAR stronger competitive position, and vendor lock in means few gamers on either side will be switching platforms. From a marketing perspective, there's no reason to skimp on hardware and cut out features to hit the $399 price point- the PS5 will sell out regardless. There ARE several reasons to build the best machine they can at the price the market will bear, though.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
Is this a meme or something wtf lol
You want it to be, don't you? 😊
I've just been following these threads early on. I don't care which console is more powerful, but I do care about what's been said by numerous insiders.

People that have been right about a lot of stuff up until now. You, on the other hand, have been continously pushing a narrative you so desperately want to be true. It's sad, man.

There won't be a 33 % difference between them. They'll be just fine. Both of them.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

LOL, some of the notable console warriors who are singing rogame's praises is absolutely hilarious.

Yeah, I think some people are jumping the gun by accepting rogame's info as the absolute truth of what the PS5 will be. It's just another interesting tidbit in a whole bucket of interesting tidbits that we've been given over the past year or so.

At least we won't have that much longer to find out the truth :)

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Honestly, a 30% difference doesn't seem too bad to me. Other than some resolution differences between the XB1 and PS4, both consoles performed pretty well (with even the XB1 having some FPS advantages). Next gen would probably be the difference between upscaled 4K and native 4K.

The SSDs and CPUs are likely to be the biggest game changers.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018

- navi 10
- 2.0 ghz
- gddr6 ram at 1750 mhz
Lockhart has some positives to it though. Especially to the mass consumers who would have an easy and affordable access to next generation gaming right away.

It would also help increase the speed in which next generation is adopted by the masses, which would help game sales.

The con of course is the supposed gimping of a generation.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'd disagree with this.

The PS4 wasn't even supposed to launch at $399. That was a last minute change Sony went for once they caught wind of the Xbox One being $499. The playstation camera was axed from the box to hit the $399 price point, and done so quietly in order to maintain that $100 advantage.

None of that is correct. The camera was removed because they had to double the GDDR5 RAM so something had to give way, which turned out to be the camera.

This was all stated by Andrew House and Mark Cerny at the Develop 2014 interview:

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

That make no sense .
MS and Sony info is official as you can get.
When Sony drop the PS4 spec sheet there was nothing else to see.
It's not like they making different version of the consoles with different GPUs.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are you talking about that 9.2 is no match for 2070? 9.2 is basically 5700xt(~9.5tf) which is little faster than 2070
yeah by like 1% faster at 1080p, 2% faster at 1440p and literally the same at 4k.

relative-performance_3840-2160.png

and thats a 9.75 tflops gpu. a 9.2 tflops gpu will not match 2070 in performance let alone exceed 2080.

Status
Not open for further replies.