• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting concept for a character, wonder what his relationship with Sam is or if he works for Bridges aswell

Oct 27, 2017
That's just how he looks.

HYLJsEe.jpg
LOL this got me

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, not hideo, I meant del toro. So, they just placed their bodies and faces on characters but didnt use their voices? Smh
It's cool, no need to apologise šŸ˜„

Del Toro is being voiced by Jesse Corti. Who does a good job sounding like GDT (you can hear him briefly in the 2018 E3 trailer)

Here's the link. You can hear him talking to Sam on the radio, with Die-Hardman.

Last edited:

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
That's a lot of exposition
2 minutes is a lot? While meeting a charachter with a completely unique supernatural affliction?

I say bring it on, we need much more of this in between gameplay sections.

Learning about team members [and environment, lore, and current events] and then getting their input during mission is one of my favorite part of Kojima games.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The shelf full of movies reminded me of the shelf full of records you can dig through from Policenauts. (timestamped below)

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter as long as it's interesting. Something like The Matrix has a shiton of explaining, but no one cares because it's all extremely cool.
I mean Matrix has meme status for exposition scenes. That being said, it was just tongue in cheek. Love me some Kojima wacky exposition

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
English accent is very strange choice of accent for a NWR-alike, when NWR has a Danish/American mix. GDT's actor is more of a match.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he retains his conscience, why the hell he doesn't watch things that are longer than 21 minutes? Thats stupid.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
These absurd characters are great. FedexMan chats with momentarily living HeartMan about his sweet VHS collection.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the video but man, Kojima, hes so ... out there with his love for celebrity, its great.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they'll really evolve this character though. 200,000+ attempts (60 times a day) searching for your family over the span of a decade must fucking destroy you mentally.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
God I wish they'd show more of the official soundtrack off. Everything they showed sounds fantastic but they keep using licensed songs in the trailers. Im glad this trailer gives us a little more.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is a really neat concept for a character... but I gotta know

If this is heartman, WTF is Die-Hard Man?

Deadman is probably someone who's been resurrected hence the frankenstein scar on his head, and Die Hard-Man must explosively combust every 3 hours before coming back together with the help of nanomachines.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Visit 218,515.

218515*24 for minutes
/60 for hours
/24 for days
/365 for years
= 9.9778

With a loop of 24mins, that's almost 10 years after the original arrival of Death Stranding effect.

What are the chances that something significant will happen on the exact 10 year anniversary of the "end of the world"?
that would only be 8 days and 2 hours after this waking up šŸ¤”

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Please let this game be 3 minutes of gameplay for every 21 minutes of cutscenes.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks rad, can't wait. I know they got a different voice actor, but now I must know what Refn actually sounds like.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they'd also credit the voice actor in the title cards, as well.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I wonder how they'll really evolve this character though. 200,000+ attempts (60 times a day) searching for your family over the span of a decade must fucking destroy you mentally.
He probably isn't a sane character. He says his soul is on the beach only his body is here. So could be a situation where this body is tasked by his then living self to finding his family no matter how many tries it takes or something.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I always imagined more of an accent.

Also is he saying Drive is the modern Citizen Kane??
You're welcome.

He's saying that both Drive and Only God Forgives are both masterpieces, that are on the same level as those classics. Friedkin's reaction is the best.

It's why i chose those two clips to show you.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're welcome.

He's saying that both Drive and Only God Forgives are both masterpieces, that are on the same level as those classics. Friedkin's reaction is the best.

It's why i chose those two clips to show you.
My God...... Hahaha. Drive is a pretty film with a hell of a soundtrack but.... Sheesh.

I can see why him and Kojima get along.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So fucking weird, and bizarre. And extraterrestial, for some reason.

I love how I am unable to wrap my head around what this game even is about.