• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Grow up. News tomorrow will be will be wall to wall videos of people running out of stores with big TVs without any substantive talk of George Floyd.

"But at least we stuck it to Target!"
Of course it will be. The riots would have been framed in the most negative light in regards to protesters regardless of anything. We both know this and yet you're pretending not to. That's textbook concern trolling.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're worried about the worst case scenario you should be trying to convince the government to not steamroll the protestors, and to subsequently make foundational reform to the police, and jail the relevant officers for life.

That's how you do it. Not whining about TVs.
What do you want me to do then? I sent emails requesting the cops be arrested when someone linked who to email in a Reddit thread.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Grow up. News tomorrow will be will be wall to wall videos of people running out of stores with big TVs without any substantive talk of George Floyd.

"But at least we stuck it to Target!"

News coverage isn't going to resolve the problems with systemic racism, which lead to George Floyds death. He is likely to never see any justice, but that didn't change today, and it wont change tomorrow. There will be plenty more Floyds in the near future. Who istaking score of property damage, and for what cause in this thread? Who is we, in your quote?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The combination of the Minnesota accent ringtone and everything happening in this stream feels strangely appropriate

Mar 3, 2019
Shits getting real out here, st paul police department just sent like 9 cop cars towards minneapolis. Good job on the looting and burning of business I guess. I swear to god if they start torching minority business' im going to be pissed off. This is just people taking advantage of a tragedy.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
That building has to be coming down, right? Hope people get the fuck out of there, there's still a few people wandering around in there

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
Honestly? Loot the shit out of Target and any big business. Maybe then they'll take a stand and put pressure on the police force.

Also where are people watching this? Link to stream?

OneEyedKing

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone trying to be mad at looters should be more upset that billionaires have collectively gotten almost half a trillion dollars richer in the middle of a pandemic. That's the real looting happening that matters.

When systemic racism continues to inflict violence and death towards minorities, especially at the hands of disgusting cops, who gives a shit if people destroy property and steal stuff? Why shouldn't they? Their anger is justified. This country's ruling class hoards power and wealth while people suffer and die. And we're just expected to behave ourselves and take it, because even peacefully protesting is met with condemnation and derision. Raze it all to the ground. Change happens when people riot. Someone taking a TV from a multinational billion dollar corporation doesn't matter a single damn bit, especially in the face of an actual real problem in the vein of police and others wielding power and using it to ruin people's lives. Continuing to frame anger over property damage and stolen goods just redirects it from where it should be placed and upholds systems of oppression.

Mar 3, 2019
Anyone trying to be mad at looters should be more upset that billionaires have collectively gotten almost half a trillion dollars richer in the middle of a pandemic. That's the real looting happening that matters.

When systemic racism continues to inflict violence and death towards minorities, especially at the hands of disgusting cops, who gives a shit if people destroy property and steal stuff? Why shouldn't they? Their anger is justified. This country's ruling class hoards power and wealth while people suffer and die. And we're just expected to behave ourselves and take it, because even peacefully protesting is met with condemnation and derision. Raze it all to the ground. Change happens when people riot. Someone taking a TV from a multinational billion dollar corporation doesn't matter a single damn bit, especially in the face of an actual real problem in the vein of police and others wielding power and using it to ruin people's lives. Continuing to frame anger over property damage and stolen goods just redirects it from where it should be placed and upholds systems of oppression.

Destroying your own community by setting condos and local business' does nothing to stop any of the above. All it does is hurt everyone in the community. Shame on anyone supporting this shit, they are burning down residential areas for gods sake

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Fine, I'll still hope that we don't see an entire city block burn down tonight. You'll have to excuse me for not being a fan of "burn it down" mentalities.

It's not a unique thought or position you're providing lol. It's just that the divide is some of us recognize the riots as an institutional failure, and some of us just wanna whine that 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Fine, I'll still hope that we don't see an entire city block burn down tonight. You'll have to excuse me for not being a fan of "burn it down" mentalities.
You can hope that property destruction is minimal without engaging in pearl-clutching that decidedly overshadows the systemic matters at hand.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Man I work for a company that has a plant 1 block from that Target... they have people working overnight. The top of their building would be a crazy view of this. Hope they all stay safe.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a unique thought or position you're providing lol. It's just that the divide is some of us recognize the riots as an institutional failure, and some of us just wanna whine that 2 wrongs don't make a right.
I 100% recognize that this is an institutional failure. Doesn't mean I have to tolerate "Fuck it burn it down" nonsense.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly? Loot the shit out of Target and any big business. Maybe then they'll take a stand and put pressure on the police force.

Also where are people watching this? Link to stream?
The problem is that it's not just big businesses. Smaller businesses are being affected too. And they are less likely to be able to take such a financial hit like Target can. Especially with the whole COVID situation being the way it is.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
News coverage isn't going to resolve the problems with systemic racism, which lead to George Floyds death. He is likely to never see any justice, but that didn't change today, and it wont change tomorrow. There will be plenty more Floyds in the near future. Who istaking score of property damage, and for what cause in this thread? Who is we, in your quote?

You never resolve systemic racism, you can only hope to keep people's attentions focused on the problem long enough to make incremental change without distracting them with images of young people torching businesses and stealing things. The perception that gives enforces their incorrect belief that the people affected by this are just "thugs".

All I see this doing is enabling right wing media / blue lives matter to play victim and change the subject.