• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
His career seems to be rapidly cratering.

"Maybe I can be a funny guy now?"

Fassbender's agents:

98a82q.jpg

Trevelyon

Oct 30, 2017
Did he fuck up or... fuck someone to get blacklisted out of dem juicy prime cut roles?

Guy doesn't give a fuck and is taking what he can get. Next he'll be auditioning for WWE studios. goddam.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Maybe Fassbender is just prepping for his Nicolas Cage biopic.
Next thing on his list: do some acid and have Werner Herzog film it.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is all just a long con Marvel set up to get him super cheap in 15 years to play Magneto again.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol title with a bunch of movies he's sucked in I thought he died or something at first

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
This does not need a feature length release.

Even at 30 minutes the original almost overstayed its welcome.
The 80s are an infinitely mineable source of cultural hilarity. Just the new hair rock and synthwave music generated for this movie alone could power a city for decades.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Man, just a few years ago he was at the very top along Bradley Cooper (the latter I don't think much of). Both have been...well you know. Such a brilliant actor, lots of talent and he seems to waste it.

At least I still got Gosling. Damnit Fassbender.

AdamT

Oct 27, 2017
Providence, Rhode Island
I like how the movies in the title are far from his best work. Has no one ever seen Steve Jobs, Frank, Shame, Hunger, Macbeth, 12 Years a Slave or even First Class and Days of Future Past? Or is that to relate to the action/nerd demographic? I don't get it.

Anyway, I don't think Kung Fury will adapt well to a feature length movie. The pacing of the short film was the perfect dose of crazy.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
First time I have heard of plans to make it into a full-fledged movie. I hoped they don't mess this up. The short film is so incredible. This song has to be in the movie, though:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
My god. Someone convince Fassbender to get a new agent pronto! After The Snowman, that man is a couple of films away from starring in the next Sharknado movie.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the movies in the title are far from his best work. Has no one ever seen Steve Jobs, Frank, Shame, Hunger, Macbeth, 12 Years a Slave or even First Class and Days of Future Past? Or is that to relate to the action/nerd demographic? I don't get it.

Anyway, I don't think Kung Fury will adapt well to a feature length movie. The pacing of the short film was the perfect dose of crazy.

It's a joke.

My god. Someone convince Fassbender to get a new agent pronto! After The Snowman, that man is a couple of films away from starring in the next Sharknado movie.

The Snowman probably looked like a great idea at the time. Wasn't there studio interference or something?

Good talent involved, real shame it was so awful...

OP
OP
Scullibundo

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know what's funnier. That you missed the obvious joke, or that you mention First Class alongside Shame and 12 Years.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I don't think people should be so worried about his career path trajectory, just a couple years ago he did Macbeth, Slow West and Steve Jobs in the same year. There's room for few occasional X-Men and Kung Fury flicks. He's not Daniel Day-Lewis you know, he will easily jump from project to another.
The Snowman probably looked like a great idea at the time. Wasn't there studio interference or something?

Good talent involved, real shame it was so awful...
Yeah Scorsese was originally attached to direct that, I think he still worked as a producer.

adamblue

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
DFW, Texas
Thread title took me a while to read. I already saw it ended with Kung Fury and knew there would be news today, but my eyes started on the Michael Fassbender. I felt like I was stuck in a moment in time, thinking "Am I really about to read this? It can't be, but let me think about this movie for a minute."

Then, I got to the part of the title that reads KUNG FURY, and went back to the beginning of the sentence to make sure I read the actor name right. Along the way, I was reading over the film titles trying to think of another actor in all four that would be more appropriate.

Then, I got back to Michael's name for confirmation, and all I could think is, "Oh, yes!"

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah, I'm up for this. Fassbender needs to slightly redeem himself in my eyes for not pointing out awful sexual overtones in Alien: Covenant's script.