• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Even in a year with the ground-breaking Alyx, it's still the best game. Game of the generation.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
The haters need a Neil Druckmann tweet to fuel them.

Without it, they are powerless.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think people just really dislike Neil over the game itself. TLOU2 was pretty much going to win the the TGA's Player's Voice, but the second Neil said something on Twitter that rubbed off the haters, then they started flooding the votes. Given the fact that MC vote was lowkey and barely anyone mentioned it, I'm pretty sure they just didnt care about voting or the game winning, they just want a chance to "own Neil" for ruining their beloved Joel.

EDIT: wrong quote sorry.
If I remember right what Neil said was basically along the lines of "thanks for voting us, let's try to win" and The Gamers (including Era!) found that very offensive.

Jun 23, 2019
But I thought that the fans didn't like the game and that it was ND buying critic votes? Congrats to ND for another amazing game.

Dec 4, 2017
London
It's the difference between TLOU2 and Tsushima that's weirding me out -- from what I've experienced, their fanbases online are about equal, with there perhaps even being a few more Tsushima boosters. There definitely isn't 5x more TLOU2 fans out there. Then again, I'm not that familiar with the Metacritic audience. Maybe it's just a hotbed of TLOU2 love. Shrug!

Or perhaps there's a lot of people who like both, but give the nod to TLOU2 as the better game between the two.

That would certainly align with my own opinion.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
Incoming
fPsfb1I.jpg

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
One game in that top 15 games list does not belong 🧐 (im ignoring CP2077)

Hint: The one that makes you appreciate Bluepoint's body of work even more

Jun 20, 2019
You had to type yourself the names of up to five games and press the button to confirm your vote
If this is true then the results are more-or-less impossible unless a large fraction of voters - roughly 40% - or more cast a vote for TLOU2 and nothing else in the top 15.

40% is a minimum boundary and requires some very difficult-to-believe assumptions, such as literally every voter who voted for any game in the top 15 had to have voted for TLOU2 as #1. As that seems extremely unlikely, the number of voters who voted for TLOU2 and nothing else in the top 15 is extremely likely to be higher than 40%. 50%+ seems necessary to approach a reasonable distribution of other votes.

I would say this result is shocking and difficult to believe, since it implies among other things that almost every single person who voted in the poll owns a PS4/5 and had access to a copy of TLOU2.

OP
OP
benzopil

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
[
If this is true then the results are more-or-less impossible unless a large fraction of votes cast- roughly 40% - or more cast a vote for TLOU2 and nothing else in the top 15.

40% is a minimum boundary and requires some very difficult-to-believe assumptions, such as literally every voter who voted for any game in the top 15 had to have voted for TLOU2 as #1. As that seems extremely unlikely, the number of voters who voted for TLOU2 and nothing else in the top 15 is extremely likely to be higher than 40%. 50%+ seems necessary to approach a reasonable distribution of other votes.

I would say this result is shocking and difficult to believe, since it implies among other things that almost every single person who voted in the poll owns a PS4/5 and had access to a copy of TLOU2.
I should've added that you wrote 5 names in the order so the first one gets 5 points from you, the second one 4 points etc. So it's not like 10k people voted, the game got 10k points.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk is great. I don't know about third best game of the year great, but I loved my time with it.

It's still criminal what they did with the PS4 and XBO versions, that doesn't change. As someone who played on the PS5 though? Yeah, no, I loved it. Despite the crashes, the bugs, etc, that world is phenomenal and the characters are top notch.

Most certainly not for everyone though.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Best game gets voted for best game.

Finished it the other day for the second time. Enjoyed it even more than my first run.
Congrats to ND for giving us this masterpiece.

Jun 20, 2019
[

I should've added that you wrote 5 names in the order so the first one gets 5 points from you, the second one 4 points etc. So it's not like 10k people voted, the game got 10k points.
Oh I know. A minimum of 2038 people voted for TLOU2 (if you assume all votes it got were 5 points, e.g. everyone who voted for it picked it as #1). The problem is that all of the other votes shown only account for 1000 or so voters at most.

Last edited:

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Many games on that list were robbed by Last of Us 2 and I think that game is pretty good in every regard except for story.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Some people here need to learn that there are people outside of the US and for example what I saw, Cyberpunk 2077 is really highly regarded and winning GOTY awards in Europe, mainly in Central and Eastern Europe (where most people played or are playing the PC version of the game)

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't be my vote but congrats. And anyone who has a problem with it winning needs to get over it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Ori just behind AC!

It was a ridiculous last year for PS4 to be honest and a great PS5 launch. I'm sure in a couple of years we will look back and wonder how Sony pulled that off during a pandemic
Even by normal standards, it was a great year. Sony really pulled it off.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
quick check:
TLOU2 has 77722 "positive" reviews on Metacritic, no one else is even close, even with all its version combined, so this result is not that much surprising

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
It was like a PS5 game before the PS5 was released. That early linear part where you are on a horse with Dina going through foliage - absurd how good that looks. Rest of the game wasn't a slouch either. I'd put it as GOTY too. Should probably load it up on my PS5 and LG CX - don't think I have yet.

I'm still hoping for a PS5 patch or something alongside Factions (or whatever they end up releasing) - to finish it for the 3rd time.