• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck.

Edit- it got removed quick. But one of the news channels tweeted that police scanner said 6 deaths.

Hopefully it was misinformation. :(

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
So scary. I hate how regular these feel now.

I really hope people get out ok. Can't imagine the trauma.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing on the local TV feed (WAVY) that the victims "were probably familiar with the suspect" based on what they'd been told off camera. They're not reporting anything officially until after an upcoming police conference.

Feb 1, 2018
It's incredible how these events keep happening and the government does nothing about it because NRA bribes and 2A culture

This is true corruption, loud and proud. One day I hope there will be a congressional reckoning committee to hold politicians responsible for stalling gun control efforts and wasting innocent lives

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Local TV reporting city hall source said up to 12 dead, shooter was a former employee and is also dead. (Source was a reporter on site but still a fluid situation and this might change.)

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. Local TV reporting city hall source said up to 12 dead, shooter was a former employee and is also dead. (Source was a reporter on site but still a fluid situation and this might change.)

Is this WAVY, WVEC, or WTKR?

WAVY seems to want to stick to 1 dead / 5 injured and I would believe them for the moment.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
This is just as normal as the rain to me. Hell, rain is probably more talked about at this point.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
That's about 20 minutes away from me. How sad. The local news is saying he was a fired ex-employee. Ending possibly 12 lives (the current count I read) because you lost your job. I can't imagine being so heartless.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
The police chief is speaking now.

11 dead, 6 injured. Police officer among injured.

Shooter was a city utilities employee, name not being released, he is dead.

OP
OP
NSA

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. That is horrible. Way worse than people were thinking.

Shooter is a former co-worker, he is dead, updated the OP.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Another 11 people killed in America by gunfire in one fell swoop.

Shameful. I feel so terrible for the victims.

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This hits a little closer to home as I have family who live in the vicinity.

And because of that, this unfortunately doesn't surprise me - not because of America's gun culture, but because SE Virginia in particular has violent crime reported on a near daily basis. VA Beach in particular has tried to clean things up by offering more widescale, family-friendly events--I think Pharrell just had his inaugural music festival there on the waterfront. But if there were ever a spot to anticipate something like this happening, it would be here. I only visit on Christmas and occasional other Holidays but I have 888-LOCK-U-UP seared in my head from all the times it's mentioned on the local news there.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely fuck the NRA terrorists and their GOP enablers!

Just incredibly sad. And at such a pivotal time, you guys have a pickle as president. :(