• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
The Highland Park Fourth of July parade ended in panic when shots were fired about 10 minutes after the parade kicked off at 10 a.m. Monday, striking an unknown number of parade-goers and sending hundreds of people running for safety.
Multiple people were shot. A Chicago Sun-Times reporter saw blankets covering three bloodied bodies and five other people wounded and bloodied near the parade's reviewing stand.
Miles Zaremski, a Highland Park resident, told the Sun-Times: "I heard 20 to 25 shots, which were in rapid succession. So it couldn't have been just a handgun or a shotgun."
Zaremski said that after the shots at Central Avenue around Second Avenue in downtown Highland Park, he saw "people in that area that got shot," including "a woman covered with blood . . . She did not survive."

chicago.suntimes.com

Horror on the Fourth: Suspect in custody after 6 killed, dozens wounded at Highland Park Fourth of July parade

Robert E. “Bobby” Crimo III, 21, was “taken into custody without incident” on U.S. 41 at Westleigh Road in Lake Forest after being spotted by North Chicago police.

Highland Park is a north suburb of Chicago, killer has not been caught yet. No confirmation of casualties count at the moment afaik.

UPDATE: 6 Dead, 24 Hospitalized https://twitter.com/WGNNews/status/1544019644041859073

UPDATE: Killer identified https://twitter.com/WGNNews/status/1544083986934366208

Last edited:

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even as people ran, a klezmer band, seemingly unaware of the gunfire, continued to play.

Oh, man, that would have been surreal.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
the american flag themed flatbed band continuing to play while people run for their lives is a microcosm

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Freedumb!!! /s

Reality increasingly feels like a parody.

RIP to the victims. Fuck their prayers.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory rhetoric in a thread regarding a mass shooting. Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Not the birthday the country wants, the one it deserves.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
I'm a little bit sick of this world. Fingers crossed for everyone involved that they're okay.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The_Onion_Homepage_05252022.png

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Right by my father in law, literally a block away from the retirement place
But don't worry, local Facebook peons are already blaming it on both immigrants and highland park having gun laws

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is sad to see at the beggining of the video a pretty small kid playing before all this happens and after all the kids around. This isn't normal

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Do something about the guns, USA, for goodness sake, stop letting the NRA hold you hostage, introduce an assault weapon ban, more background checks.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Yknow it struck me around yesterday while I was driving past some folks who were watching fireworks that a firework viewing would be a deadly spot for a mass shooting. It's dark, everyone is looking up and not around, and the fireworks mask the gunfire

Aug 12, 2019
Do something about the guns, USA, for goodness sake, stop letting the NRA hold you hostage, introduce an assault weapon ban, more background checks.

Congress just passed literally the ONLY legislation the US is gonna pass for the next 30 years unless Democrats suddenly get a majority with a spine and it was basically absolutely worthless and is going to be used by conservatives for the next decades to argue why we can't change anything more.The US is an absolutely soul crushingly depressing place to live and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better (if it gets better and the US doesn't just have a Soviet Union style collapse OR a total heel turn to complete fascism, betting money is on the latter).

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
fuck the gun nuts, it's so sad seeing how much power they have over everyone. I've stopped going to any public event.. never know when a shooting will happen

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Everyone PLEASE! Now is not the time for a national conversation on common sense, bipartisan, highly popular gun reform! Thoughts and prayers only!

(Do I need the /s?)

Un/semi-related: I went for a hike yesterday and heard someone popping off automatic gunfire a ton when I was at the top of the mountain. There's no outdoor range in that area so it was clearly just someone in their back yard. That seems genuinely insane.

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
7 dead, 39 injured in Chicago gun violence just this weekend so far(not sure if the northern suburbs are part of that stat, guessing yes?) And I believe this is a reduction from prior years. But, there's still the rest of today to go.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone PLEASE! Now is not the time for a national conversation on common sense, bipartisan, highly popular gun reform! Thoughts and prayers only!

(Do I need the /s?)

Un/semi-related: I went for a hike yesterday and heard someone popping off automatic gunfire a ton when I was at the top of the mountain. There's no outdoor range in that area so it was clearly just someone in their back yard. That seems genuinely insane.

I know a few that practice hunting on their parents farms. It's not that unheard of. It's great when it's just hunting, but these shootings are fucking annoying, and most easily avoidable with just simple legislation to deter wannabe shooters.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I know a few that practice hunting on their parents farms. It's not that unheard of. It's great when it's just hunting, but these shootings are fucking annoying, and most easily avoidable with just simple legislation to deter wannabe shooters.
This was definitely not hunting. It was just playing with their toys. I heard hunting rifles (not uncommon to hear when hiking in NH/ME) but then I started to hear the pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt-pt rapid-fire shooting of what is an AR-15 or AR-15 style gun and I was like "Jesus...why..."

Oct 25, 2017
I used to live around there.
I should mention that it's a heavily Jewish area. No word if that was the reason as the shooter hasn't been caught.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
rolling the dice every day that you're not involved in such brutality. so sad. seeing those kids and families enjoying a nice day and then running for their lives is heartbreaking.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Wife went to college in that area and has friends nearby. Apparently her friend's aunt was shot in the leg.