• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2019
Cautiously optimistic for this. Gonna buy it regardless because I'm a comic junkie, hopefully it lives up to my (tempered) expectations.

Very curious to see how frequently they add those free heroes/missions/war zones they talked about.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i hope they come out with news on cross-play & cross-progression

if they want this to be a cross gen, multi year gaas they need it in 2020

Meh. Looks like crap.

how did you miss the hyphen

Im pretty excited for this game just due to the IP. But I understand a lot of people's trepidations. Emotes and skins and augments and all that gaas stuff...

But as long as I can play it without an internet connection then I'm cool. I hate multiplayer and other people.

it says you only need to connect once:
One-time online access required for single-player campaign

Oct 25, 2017
These skins/designs are atrocious.

This is how you do it.

december_20th_-_dlc2_costumes_pack2.jpg

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
72-hour early access is such a bullshit tactic.
yep.. I don't know who started it, but I think it was Ubisoft. I could be wrong this and would love to be corrected, but I remember seeing a lot of 72hrs early access with Gold Editions which are usually 69.99 or 79.99 lol. I'm glad Dreams did the opposite which was $10 cheaper for Early Access Beta and 72 hours early access

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I think Spidey managed it well because he's already been represented over the last 20 ish years by so many different people. Iron Man, Cap, etc have only had one face associated with them.
I don't think it's that more that this a hyper realistic and majorly aping the movies while not going all the way so it looks a B movie knock off. The should have either gone all the way or something completely different but this half measure really pleases no-one.

Oct 26, 2017
This thread reads like the SWJFO threads:

"Combat looks rough"
"The main character is ugly"
"This is going to flop"

Game came out, good reviews, people loved the game and over 8 million copies sold in 6 weeks.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Give us a proper sit down with the game soon please. That's the only thing that would quell or reaffirm the critiques this title has been getting.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still not even clear what this game even is. Is it a standard single player game? I also remember people saying it was going to be a Destiny like looter MP game?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still not even clear what this game even is. Is it a standard single player game? I also remember people saying it was going to be a Destiny like looter MP game?

The campaign is SP ONLY.

www.pcgamesn.com

The Avengers story campaign is single-player only

The main story of the Avengers is for solo players

There are also co-op missions

www.gamerevolution.com

Marvel's Avengers Multiplayer | Co-op missions and local support

You might be curious to know more about how Marvel's Avengers multiplayer will work. To find out how exactly co-op missions will work, whether there's local co-op support in the game, and much more, you'll want to read this guide.

Oct 24, 2019

it's both. There's a standard campaign that you play completely solo.

If you want to play with other people, then there are specific (non-main campaign) missions designed for co-op where you can hop online and play with others.

in the singleplayer missions, you are required to play as specific characters for each mission. In the co-op part, you can be whoever you want

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

"Combat looks rough"
"This is going to flop"

Game came out, good reviews, people loved the game and over 8 million copies sold in 6 weeks.
i mean to be fair Fallen Order sold well but it wasn't exactly a runaway critical hit. it got a decent critical reception but it's pretty widely acknowledged that the game has big issues

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they have another massive blowout at E3 and show us some great gameplay. I'm really looking forward to seeing co-op.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I also have no doubt that this game will feature some spectacular sequences. Just that shot of Thor saving the crashing helicarrier gives me good feelings.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Captain America is dead, but he's the main character on the box set? Surely Crystal Dynamic haven't been lying to us about his fate?

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017

"Combat looks rough"
"This is going to flop"

Combat in Fallen Order is pretty goddamn rough though, so that impression was 100% spot on. By far the jankiest of all the souls-likes

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Doesnt look to bad to me style wise I think a lot of you are exaggerating, what worries me personally though is the GAAS focus the fact that they're already selling emotes and reskins through editions makes me really feel like this is something thats going to launch and be like Anthem, Division, Breakpoint, No mans sky, and every other game like them at launch and have next to no compelling content.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
*One-time online access required for single-player campaign; online access required for multiplayer and to download post-launch content.
Free Square Enix Members account required. Platform-specific online subscription fee may be required.

Oct 25, 2017

"Combat looks rough"
"This is going to flop"

I mean, yeah, people are going to buy and love licensed Star Wars/Avengers games. Ask people who don't care about Star Wars what they think of JFO.

Oct 26, 2017
Combat in Fallen Order is pretty goddamn rough though, so that impression was 100% spot on. By far the jankiest of all the souls-likes

I didn't say it's not janky.

But saying that the game (Avengers) will flop because the combat is not some high complex tier shit makes no sense.

I mean, yeah, people are going to love and buy licensed Star Wars/Avengers games. Ask people who don't care about Star Wars what they think of JFO.

I don't have to ask them because they are not the target.
I don't like Marvel to begin with but despite not liking it, this game is going to sell millions of copies and fans will be happy.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
*One-time online access required for single-player campaign; online access required for multiplayer and to download post-launch content.
Free Square Enix Members account required. Platform-specific online subscription fee may be required.
Goddammit, Square-Enix...

Status
Not open for further replies.