• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
For the longest time, we've never really understood why Loki acts the way he does. Why he is the way he is. It's easy to forget but this is 2012 Loki, so the change in perspective he undergoes over the next six years hasn't happened yet. He may know what his future would have been, but he doesn't understand the path he walked down.

This is huge because it tells us that Loki from 2012 believed that love only hurts and ultimately isn't real. He didn't believe back then that his family - Thor, Odin and Frigga - truly loved him and so much of what he says is a projection of his true feelings. He thinks freedom is a lie because he doesn't think he ever had any, he thinks love is a lie because he doesn't think anyone ever truly loved him.

Suddenly his obsession with becoming the ruler of something, of anything, makes more sense. It would take him six years to realise that he always had the very things he sought so desperately, but by then it was too late. All the stuff that's happening now is like a second chance for him. A chance to realise that his family does love him and always did and that he has the freedom to choose his own path, make his own mistakes and that he doesn't have to live in anyone's shadow.
Yo, this is a good post.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So it was pointed out on Reddit that the lighting in this scene echoes the colors of the bisexual flag:

220px-Bisexual_Pride_Flag.svg.png

Oh wow, this is actually a really nice touch. Happy they did that

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They probably missed the part where Loki shapeshifted into a mare and had sex with an eight legged horse to distract it from its job helping a giant build the wall around Asgard and ended up giving birth to three children. One was a snake so long it circled the world, the other was a wolf so strong that it kills Odin and the third was a girl so weird that Odin locked her away in the underworld and made her queen of it.

Loki has never been straight.
Which makes all of this even more insane to me. Homophobic cishet men are something else.

Are they using The Mandalorian's "Volume" to film some of this?
Looked like it from how that whole action sequence worked. Whenever they would pause and then pan the camera in a new direction, I imagined they were wheeling the practical set pieces away and pushing in new ones.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I made the mistake of looking at the responses in the QTs. Do hetero men not know that Loki is bi in the comics or do they just feel the need to put down women and LGBTQ+ people always?
To people like that, the comics don't matter. Of course when the movies change the comics for inclusion and representation, suddenly the comics are iron-clad

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
It's always nice to have a male presenting bi character not be a two-timing cheater or his bisexuality being a plot point.,

Oct 26, 2017
Best episode yet. This might end up being my favorite of the MCU shows so far.

The long cut at the end was awesome. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

It's looking more and more like Sylvie is Enchantress unless that's a big red herring.

Oct 26, 2017
For the longest time, we've never really understood why Loki acts the way he does. Why he is the way he is. It's easy to forget but this is 2012 Loki, so the change in perspective he undergoes over the next six years hasn't happened yet. He may know what his future would have been, but he doesn't understand the path he walked down.

This is huge because it tells us that Loki from 2012 believed that love only hurts and ultimately isn't real. He didn't believe back then that his family - Thor, Odin and Frigga - truly loved him and so much of what he says is a projection of his true feelings. He thinks freedom is a lie because he doesn't think he ever had any, he thinks love is a lie because he doesn't think anyone ever truly loved him.

Suddenly his obsession with becoming the ruler of something, of anything, makes more sense. It would take him six years to realise that he always had the very things he sought so desperately, but by then it was too late. All the stuff that's happening now is like a second chance for him. A chance to realise that his family does love him and always did and that he has the freedom to choose his own path, make his own mistakes and that he doesn't have to live in anyone's shadow.
Can this post get threadmarked? Cuz it's right on the money.

Visceir

Oct 26, 2017
No, he just lifted the main part. It only looks like it's being "rewound" because he put it back from where it fell. You can very clearly see Loki's arms and hands and there are no green glyphs nor does he twist his arm the way you have to, as if turning a clock backwards. Loki crosses his arms to stop the building falling on him and Sylvie, then throws his arms down to push the building back.

There are no Infinity Gem shenanigans. Loki has moved past that sort of thing.

Was curious enough to go check that scene again and to me it definitely looks like he rewound the building back to exactly its previous state, if you look at the bottom base part then all the pieces go back exactly as they were before it started to collapse.

There's a green flash when he uses his telekinetic abilties on the train in the previous fight scene, unrelated to the previous text but pointing out how inconsistent the effects are...on purpose or not.

He has never displayed that kind of telekinetic powers throughout all the movies and personally don't think it'd really suit him as a character to have such powerhouse telekinetic powers. Green glyphs and stuff and hand movements would be just something how Dr. Strange learned to use the stone's abilities, doesn't mean that's the only way to use the stone.

Definitely now think he has the time stone.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Such a nice episode! Loved Loki's singing part. And speaking for singing, does anyone have or now the lyrics to the whole song?

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
The inconsistent use of power threw me off. Like the last scene they could clearly clear a path to the shuttle, but instead their action was to serve the "one" take scene (in a small set stage). Run back to the starting point of the scene, because there's literally nothing beyond the set stage but CG ship.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Should the title be changed in honor of the recent revelation? If so, any ideas?

Something with Bifrost written as Bi-Frost. Someone more eloquent than me could probably make up something snappy.

Alternatively, something with Rainbow Bridge.

Last edited:

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Something with Bifrost written as Bi-Frost. Someone more eloquent than me could probably figure something out.
"Starring the OG rainbow Bi-Frost Giant"

Tried to pun on the Bifrost itself actually being rainbow and pride having the rainbow symbols, but it's a little clunky with the multiple puns in there for both the bridge and Loki being a Frost Giant. Maybe someone can refine it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really surprised Loki hasn't had a love interest yet (though admittedly Loki has still been a villian for most of his time in the MCU).

Hiddleston, his fanbase and this version of Loki seem primed for it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I figured Loki was a little competent from all of what we've seen from him in the MCU, but damn, he does nothing but fuck up basic stuff in this episode. How hard was it to not get drunk on a mission?

Also Loki's now the first confirmed bi MCU character. Cool.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish one of them had brought up Thor.

Really curious to see what her relationship is to him/her.

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
Loki is like over a thousand years old right? I feel like he gets stumped too easily. He's a trickster! Glad they are showing his powers more though, but watching him do like martial battle on the train sucked. He's a god for crying out loud, just smoke these puny mortals.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really surprised Loki hasn't had a love interest yet (though admittedly Loki has still been a villian for most of his time in the MCU).

Hiddleston, his fanbase and this version of Loki seem primed for it.

Lots of people ship him with Darcy… despite him never sharing an interaction with her.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Loki is like over a thousand years old right? I feel like he gets stumped too easily. He's a trickster! Glad they are showing his powers more though, but watching him do like martial battle on the train sucked. He's a god for crying out loud, just smoke these puny mortals.
Has it ever been clear if Loki has super strength though? His strength seems to mostly be in the arcane arts.

I remember Cap standing his ground against him pretty well in the first Avengers movie.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They probably missed the part where Loki shapeshifted into a mare and had sex with an eight legged horse to distract it from its job helping a giant build the wall around Asgard and ended up giving birth to three children. One was a snake so long it circled the world, the other was a wolf so strong that it kills Odin and the third was a girl so weird that Odin locked her away in the underworld and made her queen of it.

Loki has never been straight.
You got it kind of wrong here.

Loki turned into a lady horse and banged a horse and gave birth to Slepnir, Odin's favorite horse with 8 legs he rides into battle.

The other 3 kids he was the father to, the mother was Angrboda, the mother of monsters.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was the worst episode of all the Marvel shows so far, and I really liked Wanda Vision. The visuals looked super cheap and fake, and most of the dialogue between Loki and Sylvia didn't ring right. The last 15 minutes was just awful, it looked like they were stuck in a laser tag escape room bouncing from wall to wall. A planet crashing into another planet would be full on fire in the skies hellscape and the air would be on fire and the winds would be tornado strengths and you wouldn't be able to walk or talk, it just makes no sense unless its all supposed to be a mind enchantment of Loki. I could also see Loki learning the lesson of enchantment and the entire episode is in Sylvie's head, and that was her planet or something.

For a show thats only 6 episodes, it was definitely odd to have such long scenes of them just staring at nothing. I don't mind taking a slow pause and letting characterization build, but I don't really feel any of the dialogue or scenes justified a slow pace this episode. Still look forward to the final 3 episodes though. I suspect episode 3 will be an episode that needs episode 4 to make sense of it and appreciate it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I figured Loki was a little competent from all of what we've seen from him in the MCU, but damn, he does nothing but fuck up basic stuff in this episode. How hard was it to not get drunk on a mission?

Also Loki's now the first confirmed bi MCU character. Cool.

It's kind of funny how Loki is effectively the first important LGBT+ character in the Disney canon and it was dropped in the middle of the episode with no fucking marketing thinkpieces designed to hype it up.

It's just part of the character. It's great.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I am once again fully committed to my Loki and Loki ship. This Loki ship cannot be stopped.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's kind of funny how Loki is effectively the first important LGBT+ character in the Disney canon and it was dropped in the middle of the episode with no fucking marketing thinkpieces designed to hype it up.

It's just part of the character. It's great.
This is what I want for LGBT+ characters. For their identity to exist but not be their entire character or designed for a company to go "oh hey look at us oh hey oh hey we did a thing"

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Canon bisexual alert, canon bisexual alert, CANON BISEXUAL ALERT

I may have squealed

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
it just makes no sense unless its all supposed to be a mind enchantment of Loki. I could also see Loki learning the lesson of enchantment and the entire episode is in Sylvie's head, and that was her planet or something.
I actually fully expect this to be the case, the way Loki kept asking Sylvie certain questions reminded me of the way Sylvie herself got information out of the TVA agent, it would explain his ability to "rewind" the falling tower as well if he is in control of the created world in the same way Sylvie was and it would solidify that Loki is always a few steps ahead.

He seems to have a way higher grasp of magic than she does due to having more training so it would make sense he would pick up on her ability to enchant very quickly.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
I couldn't shake the feeling that most of the episode was an enchantment. I'm trying to work out who did it. Obviously Loki wants to know how to do it, but I suspect this is his enchantment, and he's kind of picking it up as he goes. The goal of course, to learn about Sylvie's mission and the Timekeepers.

I think the tower falling at the end is the biggest hint that something is off. That, and the strange sequence on the train when she woke up.