• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Again a very enjoyable episode. Probably the best yet. It sits far above the other Marvel shows for me right now. I loved the Sylvie/Loki dynamics to the extent I didn't even miss Owen Wilson.

Please keep this up Marvel, been a while since you've been this good.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So it was pointed out on Reddit that the lighting in this scene echoes the colors of the bisexual flag:

220px-Bisexual_Pride_Flag.svg.png

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So if this ep was a tease that Loki snatched a time stone, he'll probably use it to un-destroy that ark, yeah?

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Love Sylvie and Lokis dynamic. Another great character the TV MCU introduced that is stanworthy.

Also people calling this episode pointless and filler is really one of the dumbest takes.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
I wasnt a big fan of this episode, I think its because Im not really feeling the Sylvie character yet. Or maybe its because the dynamic between Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston was so great that an episode without it wouldnt be as good.
And the scenes where they were out in the "desert" looked so bad.

quik killa

Oct 29, 2017
Love Sylvie and Lokis dynamic. Another great character the TV MCU introduced that is stanworthy.

Also people calling this episode pointless and filler is really one of the dumbest takes.
Yeah, I was surprised by some of the takes in this thread after watching the episode. Sure people can dislike whatever, but filler...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This. Because the writers want us to definitively know that that is a fundamental truth of this universe/given circumstances that we are in on to guide our understanding and perspective of the story going forward, rather than having to rely on what could otherwise be potentially misleading intel from Sylvie. Her truthful relaying of the information later on now positions her as more empathetic to the audience as well.

I also don't believe that the planet/escape was an enchantment. I'm amused at the idea of it being that.. I mean, it wouldn't entirely be out of character for a 'Loki', but after the tempad is broken, what motivation does Sylvie have to keep the enchantment going, apart from just proving that she does have significant power, and has indeed tricked Loki himself... positioning her in some sort of higher status in their interpersonal dynamic... especially after he has shared quite a bit of vulnerability... again, I am amused because that does seem very 'Loki'. But she has also shared information about her powers, as well as the TVA that the audience knows to be a truth. That creates a vulnerability for her too, because even if Loki believes it or not, it is still something that he can potentially exploit of her. The scales get tipped again. So, if it is an enchantment... what is the motivation? For it to work, the motivation needs to outweigh any fallout that could come from her revealing a vulnerability.

Yea if we just had to take her word on it, then it'd be easy to remain unconvinced given her characterization

And yea I took lean towards everything being real, but we'll see.

I'm of the mind that ladyLoki is also from 2012 and went through the exact same thing as our loki right up until the TVA. When our Loki saw his future and the uselessness of the stones he was humbled. I feel like LadyLoki was motivated to break her fate... not die by Thanos..or become a tool of the TVA.

Maybe that's also why she has a new identity. Because she knows all Loki variants die needlessly.

I'm sure there's a degree of truth to what she is saying. But loki's lie.

I mean, she is telling the truth though, at least about the TVA, we saw it with our own eyes

It'll just be in the private recesses of my mind don't worry.

Grr...

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So it was pointed out on Reddit that the lighting in this scene echoes the colors of the bisexual flag:

a beautiful moment

and maybe it's me but I absolutely loved that it was brought up nonchalantly in casual conversation

it actually took me a little bit for it to fully hit what had happened and I got lowkey (loki ayyy) emotional

lovely

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

Some people just don't want or can't see character progression I guess.

Both pacing and character development has been so tight I really don't know what some of those people expect.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, with how vague they are with Sylvie's backstory... I wouldn't be surprised if she's actually the Enchantress and the actual big bad is the real other alternate version of Loki.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
My favorite part of shows are the connections and development of characters most often happening during conversations which is why Loki is my favorite MCU show (Wandavision good too, TFAWS bad). This episode continues that trend with Loki and Sylvie, I enjoy action but the dynamics between characters is why I love stories.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Strong Doctor Who vibes in this episode.

Including how the desert scenes looked like they could have been filmed in a Welsh quarry.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That or they really pulled that reversing a collapsing building out of his ass.

We could see Loki's hands, so it wasn't a Time Gem. He did that himself. We've seen Loki use telekinesis in the past, both in Thor 2 and Thor 3, so it's really not that surprising he'd be able to lift a collapsing building.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We could see Loki's hands, so it wasn't a Time Gem. He did that himself. We've seen Loki use telekinesis in the past, both in Thor 2 and Thor 3, so it's really not that surprising he'd be able to lift a collapsing building.

If he was just lifting it sure, but he like... rewound it. All the little fragments of rock put themselves back together. (I think???)

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he was just lifting it sure, but he like... rewound it. All the little fragments of rock put themselves back together. (I think???)

No, he just lifted the main part. It only looks like it's being "rewound" because he put it back from where it fell. You can very clearly see Loki's arms and hands and there are no green glyphs nor does he twist his arm the way you have to, as if turning a clock backwards. Loki crosses his arms to stop the building falling on him and Sylvie, then throws his arms down to push the building back.

There are no Infinity Gem shenanigans. Loki has moved past that sort of thing.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Been loving the show but overall wasn't a big fan of this ep unfortunately. Someone else called it bland and I agree. I don't mind slow character development episodes but this one just wasn't doing much for me. I didn't find myself very engaged or interested. Like TP-Dk mentioned, I think in general the dynamic between Loki and Sylvie isn't hitting for me (yet).

Anyways very interested to see what happens next ep.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Oh god I made the mistake of looking at the responses in the QTs. Do hetero men not know that Loki is bi in the comics or do they just feel the need to put down women and LGBTQ+ people always?

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WELL! Okay then. Still kinda felt like an atypical representation of his powers.

That's a good thing.

The MCU has never really properly explored Loki's magic, even as other magic users like Doctor Strange and the recently-crowned Scarlet Witch have grown exponentially more powerful.

Loki should be one of the most powerful wielders of magic in the universe because he is an Asgardian god taught by Frigga herself. It looks like this show might finally explore that. If Sylvie can enchant people so they do whatever she wants, then obviously Loki can do it too, and there is likely a massive depth to their magic that we haven't seen yet.

Rather than pass off whatever Loki does as an Infinity Gem stashed in his pocket, I want to see more of what a god can do with magic compared to mortals like Stephen Strange and Wanda Maximoff.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I made the mistake of looking at the responses in the QTs. Do hetero men not know that Loki is bi in the comics or do they just feel the need to put down women and LGBTQ+ people always?

They probably missed the part where Loki shapeshifted into a mare and had sex with an eight legged horse to distract it from its job helping a giant build the wall around Asgard and ended up giving birth to three children. One was a snake so long it circled the world, the other was a wolf so strong that it kills Odin and the third was a girl so weird that Odin locked her away in the underworld and made her queen of it.

Loki has never been straight.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Should the title be changed in honor of the recent revelation? If so, any ideas?

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Agree that it was the weakest episode so far and it ended on a very annoying cliffhanger. Wasn't a fan of Sophia Di Martino's acting either, thought she was way over acting, and it was sticking out like a sore thumb next to Tom Hiddleston's excellent acting.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the differences in Loki's and Sylvie's reactions at the very end of the episode. Sylvie's 180° "fuck this, I'm out" turn and walk away while Loki is just there with a "what now?" linger is a fun way to end the episode.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
What could the Minutemen do if Loki had taken all the stones from that drawer and escaped where the stones would be active again? They can barely deal with Sylvie as it is. I guess something like that would force the Time Keepers to intervene themselves?

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Lol two seconds into the crowd shouting "Let Us In" and realizing it had been a while since the last cut I realized they were foolishly attempting to do a Children of Men one-take. I mean there were one or two cool moments, but otherwise it fell flat despite me loving one-shots especially with one so clearly inspired by my favorite one.

Really meh episode. Mobius and Loki's interactions were sorely missed.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What could the Minutemen do if Loki had taken all the stones from that drawer and escaped where the stones would be active again? They can barely deal with Sylvie as it is. I guess something like that would force the Time Keepers to intervene themselves?

If they have that many infinity stones it means that they've caught people with infinity stones several times. Maybe there's a special team for those cases.