• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
www.fromsuperheroes.com

Marvel Greenlights Fantastic Four Movie Just To Feel Something Again

“We want to see if we really are truly incapable of failing,” said President of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige. (Satire)

Feige himself noted that, "The three live-action movies all did pretty poorly, and no one liked the cartoon show with the robot, or the cartoon show without the robot. Frankly, I don't even know if anyone likes the comics. Our accountants even sent me a memo that said "it is fiscally irresponsible to invest in this property" but we're going to plug millions of dollars into it anyway because we're Marvel and I need to know if that genie wish I made for everlasting success was actually real."

LOL.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I did laugh at that quote. 😂

I hope F4 is good. I love the superhero family dynamic and their previous movies all suck. Only really got Incredibles filling that space.

The whole "article" is pretty funny. They just go all in.

(I do think the MCU F4 is going to continue exploring the themes of found family that Marvel has decided is their thing. It definitely fits the F4.)

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It feels weird to say, but I think of all the actors announced to be coming to the MCU over the next couple of years, Owen Wilson is my most anticipated performance.

I think the pleasant, bland Wes Andersonian quirkiness plays off of the established MCU snark well.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
It feels weird to say, but I think of all the actors announced to be coming to the MCU over the next couple of years, Owen Wilson is my most anticipated performance.

I think the pleasant, bland Wes Andersonian quirkiness plays off of the established MCU snark well.
For real. Am excited for the whole casts of Shang Chi and Ms Marvel to succeed because diversity is great. I was a big Game Of Thrones fan so I hope Kit Harrington does well as the Black Knight. Seemed he got into a big depression once GOT ended.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
That's an extremely round about way of saying no without actually saying no. An extremely elaborate scenario he made with the Werewolf thing, like why not just say "No"?

Smells fishy to me.

The dude literally says, "for the record, yes or no", and he says "I did not get a call".

I was buying it until the end, when the guy asked him to just say yes or no and he couldn't. Like, just lie dude! It's fine!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I cant be hyped much more of F4 already. Granted a lot could in theory go wrong, but after the last... decade + I have faith in Feige that we'll finally get a representation of the F4 that does them justice. Oh, and Doom of course, who I'm fully expecting to be the next big thing in the MCU if done right. Doom deserves nothing less.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

FYI, he played Arthur Morgan in Red Dead Redemption 2.

Also...

www.etonline.com

Michael B. Jordan Talks Killmonger's Future in 'Black Panther 2'

The 'Without Remorse' star says there's a possibility his character could return to the MCU -- with the right story.

"There's always a love I have for those characters and Erik is definitely one of those that means a lot to me," he answered. "So only if it's the right thing and it's impactful and if I could add something to it. If it means something then, yeah, I wanna be a part of that journey, you know?"

I wonder if this is a hint that Killmonger will return for Wakanda Forever?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It's interesting how everything an actor says, even outright denials, is taken as evidence that they're in the movie/show, isn't it?

Whatever Marvel does with FF, the casting for Doom has to be as legendary as Tom Hiddleston's Loki. Nothing less will do.

And please Feige, go with Kirby's wish for Doom to have a perfect, gorgeous face marred by an almost invisible scar under one eye.

It's the perfect way to underscore the particular way in which Doom is unhinged.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about Steve in Avengers 2. There is a scene where they are all trying to lift Mjolnir and Steve seems to scare Thor there when he goes to lift the hammer and it budges ever so slightly. Was Steve at this point fully able to pick it up and just hiding the fact to save Thor from embarrassment, or hide this ability from everyone, or something like that? Or was he only just worthy enough to budge it but not actually pick it up until Endgame?

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about Steve in Avengers 2. There is a scene where they are all trying to lift Mjolnir and Steve seems to scare Thor there when he goes to lift the hammer and it budges ever so slightly. Was Steve at this point fully able to pick it up and just hiding the fact to save Thor from embarrassment, or hide this ability from everyone, or something like that? Or was he only just worthy enough to budge it but not actually pick it up until Endgame?

I think he felt it move and stopped himself for Thor's sake. That's what built up to Thor's "I knew it" line in Endgame.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
It's up to you. Your interpretation.

For what it's worth, the Russos think he was already able to lift it in Ultron, and I think Whedon also said that he thought so (in hindsight). Steve didn't do it in order not to embarrass Thor.

I think both ways can work. Although it's a bit weird you'd be able to budge it if you're not really worthy, but.. it's comic book magic, who cares.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My interpretation from the way Thor acted when Steve went to do it, looking on with actual interest instead of jovial disregard, and then the actual reaction to it budging says it all to me.

Steve felt it move, didn't want to take that from Thor at a light hearted party that may be the last time they see each other, so let his grip slip.

That was my interpretation form the first time I saw the scene.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We'll never know the "rules" of Mjolnir in detail so you can really take it either way.

For me, I picture Mjolnir is being incredibly light if you're worthy - with some heft, but the sort of thing even a frail person could lift and swing around with ease. So for me, there's no "he realizes midway and stops lifting," because if he went in with even a modicum of force he'd have yanked the thing right off the table with the first pull. (And if he went in assuming he was worthy and thus was miming the whole time, well, that's a pretty unworthy assumption to be making!)

I also think it's a more narratively interesting trajectory - that he's unworthy in Age of Ultron (guilt over the whole Bucky situation, being a man out of time, questioning his own motivations), but by the time he faces Thanos one-on-one he's proven himself. It gives more weight to Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame if they're a crucible for him by the closest "objective" measure we have.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Wow, I went completely the opposite way. I saw it as Steve wasn't quite worthy yet, but was getting there, which is why Thor reacted the way he did.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I think my comic lore is literally showing. You can't be "somewhat" or "almost" worthy of Thor's Hammer. It's a binary state. Either Worthy or Unworthy.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
We'll never know the "rules" of Mjolnir in detail so you can really take it either way.

For me, I picture Mjolnir is being incredibly light if you're worthy - with some heft, but the sort of thing even a frail person could lift and swing around with ease. So for me, there's no "he realizes midway and stops lifting," because if he went in with even a modicum of force he'd have yanked the thing right off the table with the first pull. (And if he went in assuming he was worthy and thus was miming the whole time, well, that's a pretty unworthy assumption to be making!)

I also think it's a more narratively interesting trajectory - that he's unworthy in Age of Ultron (guilt over the whole Bucky situation, being a man out of time, questioning his own motivations), but by the time he faces Thanos one-on-one he's proven himself. It gives more weight to Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame if they're a crucible for him by the closest "objective" measure we have.

I mostly agree with this. Even though I would have, if asked before I saw Ultron, assumed that the hammer was a binary thing, and there was no "nudging it", I think it's much more interesting to interpret it that way in that scene.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what they will do if What-If overlaps something

It will. Once Black Widow arrives there will be no 10-week period without a new Marvel film the rest of this year. Plus Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye are aiming to premiere this year too.

I think it will be fine. An animated show taking of the main universe isn't as pressing as the live action shows.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It will. Once Black Widow arrives there will be no 10-week period without a new Marvel film the rest of this year. Plus Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye are aiming to premiere this year too.

I think it will be fine. An animated show taking of the main universe isn't as pressing as the live action shows.

yeah so maybe What-If will be Fridays and the live action shows will stay Wednesday, especially if one of them overlaps Book of Boba Fett

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

I think it's better for the character that he's not worthy yet given what you said.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Ducks Big Shot and Bad Batch will be on Fridays when Loki premieres so it's a good move and as everyone said, it clears the deck for What If till Shang Chi.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I think my comic lore is literally showing. You can't be "somewhat" or "almost" worthy of Thor's Hammer. It's a binary state. Either Worthy or Unworthy.
In recent comics Thor has felt it getting heavier or has felt it feel lighter when he was young but couldn't pick it up. It just depends on who is writing the story.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just say I'm so happy we got our first Filipina in the MCU with the Air Force pilot Ayla Perez in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, thank you! You did good tita Jane Rumbaua!

www.gmanetwork.com

Meet the Fil-Am actress who played the first Filipina in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jane Rumbaua played Philippine Air Force pilot Lt. Col. Ayla Perez helped the new Captain America (Anthony Mackie, “Civil War”) save the day in the finale of Marvel's Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Clearly Filipinos we're part of the FAWS crew. I didn't know "One World, One People" was translated into Tagalog during the credits as well, such a cool touch for someone who just wanna see himself a little more represented in his favorite franchise.

So it turns out local rapper Shanti Dope's "Amatz" was playing in episode 3, which thrills me since I had hoped for some Filipino touches in the city of Madripoor, seeing how it's one of the its people in the comic books. Just rewatched the episode and it happens on their way into the district. No idea how I didn't notice Tagalog words being screamed in my face, but now I definitely notice it instantly. I guess I just don't expect such touches to the MCU after 23 movies.

Small steps on our wave to Wave!

Last edited:

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
It's all up to you the viewer.

There's a lot of theories out there.

One being that because Steve was keeping the secret of Bucky killing Tony's parents.. it made him not worthy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.