• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Ill skip the rest because others have responded, but I never once said that there's anything wrong with wanting a new Golden Sun. I do think it's wrong to go in a thread for a different game by the developer and complain about the lack of Golden Sun 3. Also, it feels extremely dismissive and bad faith to say Super Rush is just a rehash, it's a totally new game where they specifically highlighted new modes and features yesterday. Just because it's not the game you wanted doesn't make it low effort you know.

Hell not even Toadstool Tour was the same as Mario Golf World Tour. To say each Mario Golf game is a rehash with very little changes from title to title grossly disingenuous. Hell there's FAR more changes between each Mario Golf title between the minuscule changes compared to the NBA 2K example made. This is just a blatant falsehood and in extremely poor faith.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the 3DS game having amazing animations, especially Nabbit and Rosalina, let's hope this game will have great ones too.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So since this is from Camelot, I don't think we have much to worry about since the Eshop page even says
www.nintendo.com

Mario Golf™: Super Rush for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Mario Golf™: Super Rush and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.
image0.png

that it's the biggest golf adventure yet. Since world tour had 10 base and 6 dlc courses(which were returning courses from N64) for a total of 16 and a roster of 21(4 dlc). So there should be plenty... wonder if we'll get returning courses from n64/NGC/WT too, that'd be fun

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Looks dope, but I sure wish they'd bring back baseball or soccer
It's been 18 years since the last console Mario golf game(wii got a port), we're long overdue. Plus it's Camelot's pride and after aces final roster and WT's amount of content(16 course, 21 characters after dlc) were in for a lot of fun. Throw in 3 years of dev time too. Should be a blast. Hope they bring back returning courses, 2 each from 64, TT and WT at the least would be awesome

Aug 12, 2019
Yeah, I find people complaining kind about this really off the mark. Mario Golf hasn't had a game in 7 years either and hasn't been on consoles since Golden Sun was on the GBA. This is definitely a game that has fans and people have wanted to see. Even in regards to other Mario Sports titles, Mario Baseball and Strikers both at least got Wii releases (I definitely hope they're next, but we'll see). Mario Golf was once a classic and deserves to come back in a big way like a ton of other series.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm wondering how the character roster will be and there's potential for DLC characters too!
King Bob-omb is the first confirmed newcomer(and where he goes so does King Boo... if only we could get king Goomba back too). I'd say Pauline is assured and the koopalings wouldn't surprise me
Yeah, I find people complaining kind about this really off the mark. Mario Golf hasn't had a game in 7 years either and hasn't been on consoles since Golden Sun was on the GBA. This is definitely a game that has fans and people have wanted to see. Even in regards to other Mario Sports titles, Mario Baseball and Strikers both at least got Wii releases (I definitely hope they're next, but we'll see). Mario Golf was once a classic and deserves to come back in a big way like a ton of other series.
They also put a ton of care in and they've been developing this one for 3 years so I have high hopes. Wonder if we'll see them straight up reuse the roster from aces and add more

iag

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably get it after reading some reviews. I really liked the one from 3DS, but after the tennis game from Wii u I'm afraid they focus on some gimmick and make the single player/online empty.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Is this like hot shots golf?
In everybody's golf you can put spin on your shots

is it more arcade like and easier?

if this game is like everybody's golf I'd play 6 million hours of it

MrPerson0

May 24, 2018
Hell not even Toadstool Tour was the same as Mario Golf World Tour. To say each Mario Golf game is a rehash with very little changes from title to title grossly disingenuous. Hell there's FAR more changes between each Mario Golf title between the minuscule changes compared to the NBA 2K example made. This is just a blatant falsehood and in extremely poor faith.

Agree with everything here. I have been seeing a lot of GS fans getting mad that Golf took three years to make, and assumed that Golf is easy to make. Not only does Camelot have an HD engine to work with now, golf in general is a huge physics simulator, due to the infinite possibilities a round of golf can have (compared to Tennis at least). They have to create courses with at least 108 unique holes, balance characters, and now, with the change to Speed Golf, have said characters run through holes and use powerups. Then, if you go to the previous titles, there are huge differences in physics, content, etc. when you go from 64 to Toadstool Tour to World Tour.

Another thing is it has been nearly seven years since World Tour, which was handheld only. From what I have seen, many people who have been asking for a new Mario Golf recall 64 and Toadstool Tour more, and Nintendo made sure to capitalize this while marketing it by mentioning this in the description of the Announcement Trailer:

The Mario Golf series returns to home consoles for the first time since 2003.

I was surprised to see it trending on Twitter, so I am very hopeful that this game will do extremely well in sales (likely becoming the best selling Mario Golf). Whether that means funding toward a Golden Sun game or more Mario Golf/Tennis titles in the future, I'll be happy.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'll probably get it after reading some reviews. I really liked the one from 3DS, but after the tennis game from Wii u I'm afraid they focus on some gimmick and make the single player/online empty.

This is where I'm at, too. 3DS was a GOAT golf game and what we've seen here looks a bit bland already.

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Never played any Mario golf or even real life golf,

But I am curious about the game, the trailer looked interesting.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Toadstool Tour is like the only sports game I've ever really been able to get into, so definitely getting this.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
So since this is from Camelot, I don't think we have much to worry about since the Eshop page even says
www.nintendo.com

Mario Golf™: Super Rush for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Mario Golf™: Super Rush and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.
image0.png

that it's the biggest golf adventure yet. Since world tour had 10 base and 6 dlc courses(which were returning courses from N64) for a total of 16 and a roster of 21(4 dlc). So there should be plenty... wonder if we'll get returning courses from n64/NGC/WT too, that'd be fun

It's interesting how they describe the shot mechanics. Definitely interested to see how they pull this off. I like SOME degree of challenge like the old school hot shots golf 3-click swing, but I also like the idea of something that new players can enjoy (thinking of the kids playing with me). Also, yeah if they have somewhere around 10-16 courses, that'd be fine with me. Super pumped to see the next deep-dive into the game, probably in April/May.

Is this like hot shots golf?
In everybody's golf you can put spin on your shots

is it more arcade like and easier?

if this game is like everybody's golf I'd play 6 million hours of it

Yeah like others have said, Camelot developed the first Hot Shots Golf (both HSG and HSG2 on the PS1 were some of my favorite golf games of all time), so this one is somewhat similar in spirit to HSG games.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Kind of wish it was more of an open roster like Smash Bros.

Just imagine golfing with Link, Zelda, Ganon etc.
I mean at least with Camelot we know we'll get variety, this was Aces final roster after dlc(which after that and WT this will likely get)
Mario_Tennis_Aces_complete_roster.jpg

And this game has twice the dev time and we already know of newcomers (King Bob-Omb). So we should be in for some fun

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
"RPG-like" doesn't fill me with confidence. The GBC and GBA Mario Golf games were amazing. Nothing has come close for me. After getting burned by the Mario Tennis Aces "story mode", I'll wait for reviews.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
"RPG-like" doesn't fill me with confidence. The GBC and GBA Mario Golf games were amazing. Nothing has come close for me. After getting burned by the Mario Tennis Aces "story mode", I'll wait for reviews.
Aces didn't have Miis or a hub. We know there's training missions, Mario character challenges and cups, plus actual stats this time. That's a big change alone

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Sucks that the story mode is just for your Mii but hopefully it's good. The speed golf mode looks like a ton of fun.

iag

Oct 27, 2017
This is where I'm at, too. 3DS was a GOAT golf game and what we've seen here looks a bit bland already.
The Mii having stats for the speed your character runs make it seems that the speedrun mode will be on single player too. I'd like it to be an option only, not mandatory.

Also, they didn't say anything about online right? I really liked playing online tournaments on 3DS.

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
Aces didn't have Miis or a hub. We know there's training missions, Mario character challenges and cups, plus actual stats this time. That's a big change alone
If you played World Tour on 3DS, this looks a lot more like the Castle Club mode from that game than the RPG stuff of Advance Tour. It looks like the level-up system is a lot more in depth this time, but that's about it.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping Speed Golf has all sorts of crazy item pickups and attacks beyond what they showed. Like a full slate of Smash Bros/Mario Kart stuff you can enable/disable at will. Though I'm already picturing Speed Golf tournaments online picking up the Smash 'No items, Final Destination' meme.

'No cart, speed boosts only, Mushroom Beach'

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I didn't really love the RPG modes of Mario Golf on the GBC or its Advance sequel. It fell into the trap that the Golden Sun games had that they were way too verbose and wordy, reading all that dialogue, when all I wanted to do was play golf. That said, I did really enjoy Golf Story, but it's not really what I want out of a Mario Golf game. However, I know a good portion of fans do want something like that again, so I hope something more similar is there for them. I wouldn't mind it, but even if it's more Castle Club-like as seen in World Tour, I'll be happy.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
That there are Miis actually seems to me like a negative point when hoping for a story mode like the GBC/GBA games, since those had established characters you played as, and all those others characters like the club champions....