• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

predict the metascore

Votes: 13 1.9%
  • 95-99

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • 90-94

Votes: 68 9.9%
  • 85-89

Votes: 355 51.7%
  • 80-84

Votes: 207 30.2%
  • 75-79

Votes: 30 4.4%
  • under 75

Votes: 7 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
screenshot2019-10-28a5sk28.png

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
Any impressions of Scare Scraper mode? I'm interested to see how that is, being that they have committed to paid DLC for that mode. Hopefully it has some good variety.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Longest Luigi's Mansion confirmed!

Very excited for this game. Pretty much this and Jedi: Fallen Order are my last two big purchases (and maybe Death Stranding, depending on reviews/impressions).

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like the thing I've been worried most about, the combat, turned out to be a reasonable concern. I severely missed the tug-of-war aspects from the original in Dark Moon, and I don't like the idea of slamming ghosts to "kill" them rather than sucking them up. I'm also bummed to hear that the currency is basically useless, as shooting for a high score was one of my favorite bits about the original as well. Does anyone know if there's some sort of endgame rating based on currency or if it's strictly for purchasing stuff?

I'm not as concerned about atmospheric changes not adhering as close to the original as some may be, but these systems should have definitely been more like it.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
Glad to see there isn't really anything wrong with the game. I'm all ready to play this on All Hallow's Eve.

Sounds like it's a perfect length, too, especially when some reviewers say that the upper levels ramp up well.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did any reviewers play through locally co-op? I'm debating whether to just play this alone, or to play it with my gf.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hobby Consolas (92/100, review in spanish):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is, without doubt, the best entry of the series. As simple as that. Levels are much more varied and visual astounding, a little delight that you can fully play alone or in coop mode, multiplayer modes aside. Its lovely sense of humor, the sympathy of the ghosts, and the 20+ hours to finish (more for the 100%) make the rest.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Took me about 25 to do EVERYTHING the first time through, without looking at guides. And there were a couple of gems that stumped me for an hour at a time. The first post of this page is pretty accurate I'd say.

Ah ! Don't have my save anymore i think,but i am sure it was more than 35.
Maybe i am bad at videogames :(

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I'm just disappointed that the game doesn't run in 60fps like Mario Odyssey for example.

Yes, the genre doesn't *need* it, but playing in 30fps feels just outdated by now, plus it's stressing the eyes because they can't focus on the jittery image.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IGN Spain (9/10, review in spanish):
Luigi's Mansion 3 has its buts, but they are not heavy enough to get rid of the feeling of being in front of one of the Top 5 of the console currently. A real must have for everyone who has ever loved Nintendo.

Screen Rant (4.5/5):
Luigi's Mansion 3 has better bosses and puzzles than its predecessors and there is never a dull moment to be had when exploring the Last Resort Hotel. It was easy to write off the earlier Luigi's Mansion games as filler titles that were released between the real Super Mario Bros. games, but Luigi's Mansion 3 proves that the franchise can stand on its own two feet and provide one of the best games available on the Nintendo Switch in 2019.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Great reviews. Really excited to play it. I loved both Luigi's Mansion games so I'm sure this will be right up my alley.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
17 hours for a Luigi's Mansion game sounds...too long. Dark Moon felt long in the tooth but the mission structure didn't help. I'm hoping it's less noticeable this time. Still super excited for it!

SerKwak

Apr 6, 2018
15-17 hours is just perfect! Congratulations to Next Level Games, amazing scores! Already preorderd my copy and I am looking forward to playing this game during Halloween:)

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
excuse the clunky google translations for the non-english reviews

Nintenderos (9.5/10, review in spanish):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is a clear candidate to become not only one of the best games of the year on Nintendo Switch but one of the best titles in the video game market. He is not only a worthy successor of Luigi's Mansion 2 but a great Nintendo Switch title that stands as one of the best releases the console has received since its launch. It is a title that is called to vindicate the role that the Luigi's Mansion video game series deserves in the market and to place Mario's brother at a very similar level if not equal to the titles of the video game star plumber.

Meristation (9.2/10, review in spanish):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is a tribute to the figure of Luigi, an adventure that encompasses the character and celebrates the consummation of an idea born eighteen years ago. It's not just the best installment of the saga, it's one of the best Nintendo Switch video games. Level design, use of resources, variety of situations and final bosses that leave the bar very high are just some of the elements that allow this video game to be defined as an excellent work. Leaving aside its low difficulty, both its replayability and the enjoyment of each and every one of the floors of the hotel make it impossible not to recommend a game that is located, de facto, on the console podium. Luigi stomps back; He does it with a title that is a declaration of intent: it is not the end of a trilogy, it is the beginning of a saga that can continue to be explored for many years. Everything goes in Luigi's Mansion 3, and the result is memorable.

Power Unlimited (92/100):
Due to its design as a hotel with 15 very varied floors, this has become Luigi's most versatile, surprising, beautiful and enjoyable adventure to date.

3DJuegos (9/10, review in spanish):
The enchanted hotel of Luigi's Mansion 3 has become an ideal game scenario to enjoy a great action adventure and puzzles with the great virtue of surprising from beginning to end. The design of the levels, the ingeniousness of their puzzles and the excitement of their fighting make this new Switch exclusive an essential, really spectacular, and one of the best games of 2019.

Everyeye.it (9/10, review in italian):
Eighteen years after its debut, Nintendo's "soft horror" series still proves to be one of the most brilliant and iconic of those created by the Kyoto company. We first of all make it a matter of imagination: Luigi's Mansion 3 takes us into grim but playful, macabre but fun environments, and reworks the classic iconography usually associated with Mario and Luigi with great taste and style. This chapter in particular does not save on the front of variety, and from floor to floor it adds elements, objects, adversaries to create small worlds in miniature. Whether it's the desert expanses in front of an Egyptian pyramid, or a very modern fitness center where ghosts go by weight, the areas that find space in the Hotel Miramostri are unique and unforgettable. Over the course of the thirteen hours of the adventure we then come across a literally overwhelming quantity of different situations: inspired puzzles, tests of attention and timing, observation challenges and moments in which to test patience and intuition. It is true that the phases of action, in which to catch the elusive and spiteful phantoms, are perhaps the weakest point of production, but their purpose is above all to move the progress a little, leaving the pillars of the experience be it the curious exploration, the puzzle solving and the boss fight tension. Luigi's Mansion 3 is an extremely intelligent and even original adventure game, yet another demonstration of how vital and vibrant Nintendo's creativity is.

Multiplayer.it (9/10, review in italian):
The third is the right one. Luigi's Mansion 3 places itself directly in the lead as the best game in the series, thanks to the perfect union between the mechanics of the progenitor and the intuitions of the popular but not so popular second game. Here is everything, all that is missing is that flicker of extra difficulty that would have made certain moments not so much more difficult, but more intense. But not all of us are aces with a pad in hand, and there are also those who start now: never forget that this game is one of the very few, if not the only, appreciable horror even by the little ones.

LevelUp (8.5/10, review in spanish):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is a game that will satisfy those who have enjoyed the past 2 adventures of this cowardly plumber. Next Level Games took what worked for Dark Moon, combined it with the best of the first installment and let its creativity fly in other branches to deliver what I think is the best delivery of Luigi's Mansion. Yes, it is a pity that its rhythm is not ideal for a game of its kind, but that does not prevent it from being of high quality.

What I consider really valuable of Luigi's Mansion 3 is that he returned the charisma to the series. Dark Moon is a game with a lot of successes, but a great sin: many of its elements feel generic, which caused all Nintendo magic to evaporate. Luigi's Mansion 3 is the opposite and is that each of its floors is full of personality, which makes them memorable and causes you to not mind exploring them again and again to find all their secrets.

Although he did not consider it one of the essentials of Nintendo Switch, I do put it just one step below that category. This is why I recommend it to all Luigi's Mansion fans, as well as those looking for a game with well-designed puzzles and an interesting concept.

4Players.de (82/100, review in german):
The most beautiful I think the arrival in a newly unlocked floor: I am pleased about the new scenario and try in the lovingly designed rooms around, which is all absorbable. In terms of interactivity, I have to praise the developer because there are countless objects and well-placed secrets. The sound design is also great: the sweet-sounding plings and swoosh motivate you to search, and there are also dramatic organ inlays. Together with the beautiful scenery, the funny animations and the witty boss duels results in a very atmospheric scary atmosphere. So why is the grasp for the award failing? On the one hand there are too easy fights against standard ghosts - not one player in the whole game is a real threat! On the other hand, the game over the good 15 hours (or more, if you are looking for jewels and Buu Huus) to uniform - again and again you sucked the complete furniture broken, hoards Goldtaler and then in the end can do little with it. Even the occasional backtracking (keyword: torture kittens) can annoy. The bottom line is Luigi's Mansion 3 is still a pretty adventure that entertains both young and old players really well. Only it's not a Nintendo stroke of genius like Super Mario Odyssey or the last Zelda.

GamePro Germany (73/100, review in german):
I like Luigi so much better than Mario. Somehow he is much more likeable to me. Maybe because, unlike his brother, he sometimes gets scared in dangerous situations. In fact, he slips so much into Luigi's Mansion 3 that I have a really bad conscience in between when I send him to the next floor. I really want to see which room is next waiting for me, because the details, the setting and the opponent design are very big movies (in floor eight even in the truest sense of the word, because there is a cinema waiting for us).

The control, however, has more B-movie quality. The key mapping made sure that I would have hurled my controller against some of the boss fights against the wall. Although I got used to it over time, it would have been even better if the buttons had been assigned differently from the start.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched Gamexplain reviews and, Andre pretty much hits how I feel about the game. It's good and I will enjoy playing it but eh the first Luigi Mansion will always be the better game and the slam attack is a misfit for the series.

I am also not a fan of the Gooluigi as it's obviously multiplayer tacked onto a single player game. 😕

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
this is mildly disappointing to read/watch about this morning. I am still buying the game but it sounds like they did not learn from Dark Moon's flaws and made the combat worse. The great thing about Luigi's Mansion 1 is it's extremely replayable once a year. Dark Moon never interested me in another playthrough (I couldn't be bothered to 100% it either, the requirements for max ranking on the missions were so tight at times) and this is looking similar.

I will definitely try to use the slam sparingly.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
COGconnected (75/100):

Scoring this game for me is a struggle. The core design structure, the aesthetic presentation, and the basic game feel are all excellent. Yet I hated Luigi's Mansion 3 so acutely that I could not complete the game. There was no single puzzle that outwit me in the end. Instead, that rising sense of terrible dread just became too much. I wasn't even that far from finishing the game! I just couldn't grapple with the knowledge that all my suffering was a prelude to something worse. If this was a unique psychological tick, I wouldn't even alter the final score for it. I have no delusions of my unique mental composition, however. Others will suffer in the way I have, and they must be warned. To that end, Nintendo has succeeded in creating a truly dreadful experience, a game that drills into your psyche and alters your brain. Heed my dire ramblings, and take this gorgeous, well-designed journey at your peril.
d946124e1860cfd3c7673fda2fa32848.jpg

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
Hey Luigi get up, it's time to slam now
We got vacuum jam goin' down
Welcome to your Mansion
Here's your chance, at the manse for the third time
Alright...

Come on and slam, so your vacuum wont be jammed!
Come on and slam, don't wanna get that jam!

Ghostly ghouls in the house lets go
It's your boy "King Boo" a'ight, so
Pass that 'gust and watch me suck
Behind my back, don't try my luck

Press A to jam, all in your face
Wassup, just feel the bass
Drop 'em, rock 'em, 'round the room
Shake 'em, quake 'em, ghost KABOOM...

Just work that 'Gust, work that 'Gust make sure you suck more than dust
Don't get spooked and lose your bro, Poltergust will suck and blow!

Hey Gooigi, TURN IT UP!
'Cause Luigi gon' suck it up
C'mon y'all get on the floor so hey, let's go a'ight.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be that guy and point out that Luigi's Mansion 1's combat was honestly average at best. Once you figure out the "trick" to subduing ghosts it trivializes one too many encounters to spamming the control stick. It might feel satisfying but it didn't have much mechanical depth to it at all.

I really think what props up the original Luigi's Mansion is mainly the atmosphere and the world design. The combat is some of my least favorite parts, especially catching Boos. The controls also weren't all that elegant either. I think the modern reception to the Luigi's Mansion 3DS remaster is kind of a reflection of that; the game has aged in a lot of aspects.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
I certainly don't agree about the Ghost Slam move. There's nothing particularly exciting about vaccuming ghosts one by one when you have a big group, the slam is fun and a viable strategy for when you are about to be attacked from a ghost while you're vaccuming another. It's not like the "combat" is the main focus, ever was hard or is particularly complex to say that the balance is broken. You simply can take out bigger groups (that wouldn't exist without this move) faster and have some fun slamming ghosts. Saying that there is no tug of war is frankly wrong, it still is there, you just don't do it as much, which frankly, is much more fun. The tug of war alone gets boring after a while, especially in rooms with multiple ghosts, now you have more moves to break it up. You do some tug of war, you slam, you slam against another ghost, it's a much less repetitive experience and the added mechanics make combat more interesting, even if it's very easy (which it always was).

The game is easy for experienced players, sure, but there's a lot of puzzles and exploring to do to reach 100%, which takes some head scratching and attention. For less experienced players, it's not very hard to take a lot of damage in a boss fight and die, the game isn't that much of a cake walk for them. I'm not the kind of player that needs every game to be tough as nails though. How anyone can find LM better than this is beyond me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, this game wasn't on my radar, but here we are. Choosing between this and The Outer Worlds is gonna be fuckin TOUGH

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hey Luigi get up, it's time to slam now
We got vacuum jam goin' down
Welcome to your Mansion
Here's your chance, at the manse for the third time
Alright...

Come on and slam, so your vacuum wont be jammed!
Come on and slam, don't wanna get that jam!

Ghostly ghouls in the house lets go
It's your boy "King Boo" a'ight, so
Pass that 'gust and watch me suck
Behind my back, don't try my luck

Press A to jam, all in your face
Wassup, just feel the bass
Drop 'em, rock 'em, 'round the room
Shake 'em, quake 'em, ghost KABOOM...

Just work that 'Gust, work that 'Gust make sure you suck more than dust
Don't get spooked and lose your bro, Poltergust will suck and blow!

Hey Gooigi, TURN IT UP!
'Cause Luigi gon' suck it up
C'mon y'all get on the floor so hey, let's go a'ight.

Lmao, I love this.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia