• 75-79

Votes: 30 4.4%
  • under 75

Votes: 7 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
My personal theory is that when the game ends Luigi is killed in the final boss fight and Gooigi is left to take his place, as an empty simulacrum of a man doomed to wander the Mushroom Kingdom with no clear purpose or direction. While none of the reviews mention this, I'm still holding onto the belief that it may be the canon ending

...this builds into a ff7-esque sequel where Gooigi travels the world believing he is the true Luigi only to go on a dark journey to discover he is just a snotty clone, but eventually finding his own purpose through his own journey

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
...this builds into a ff7-esque sequel where Gooigi travels the world believing he is the true Luigi only to go on a dark journey to discover he is just a snotty clone, but eventually finding his own purpose through his own journey
I was thinking more of a Kingdom Hearts heartless sort of thing, but that's a great direction too. I will happily support any ending that gives Gooigi a starring role in the next game as an existentially disturbed weirdo

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
But slamming a ghost into the other ghosts is the way to clear rooms. And you're invincible while doing it, so there's no real strategy, just mash the A button.

I feel like they struck the perfect combat balance in 2, 3's combat sounds wack.
You are not invincible while doing it, your slams can be interrupted

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
IGN really likes it. They praise the humor, say it's very charming. They also say it's about 15 hours but they also add that there's backtracking, hopefully not too much of that because 15 hours otherwise sounds good to me!

Jan 11, 2018
I'll go even further: everything about Luigi's Mansion 1, save for its visuals and art design, is average at best.

Next Level Games and Tanabe turned a tech demo into a great franchise for Nintendo.

Miyamoto was actually producer on Dark Moon, not Tanabe (I don't believe he was involved at all), so he should get some credit as well.

Having just replayed the original for the first time since it's release in 2001 in preparation for LM3, I actually do think it's a legit good game, and definitely a unique one, especially for it's time. But it also felt like a lot of untapped potential... It was a very brief and basic. I think the franchise could have become huge a long time ago if they would have simply followed up with it sooner. But yeah, Next Level did a fantastic job with 2 and I absolutely cannot wait to play 3 on Thursday.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Another reason why assigning numbers to reviews is pointless.
Exactly, though on some level I can understand people like the numbers to get a quick idea of how something is being received. Content of a review and personal taste are more important to me in figuring out if I'd like something. Instead of getting rid of it, I can see something like cutting down the 0-100 model working.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SECTOR.sk (9/10, review in slovak):
The game looks just great and proves that it is not always the success of the pursuit of as many polygons and photorealastic processing, but sometimes it is enough to really stylize the game and pay attention to details. There is an incredible heap here, and they really enliven an environment that is very rich. You will especially appreciate the many different, unobtrusive animations of the main character, which you may not notice after a few hours, and in such a reaction of the character to the environment, many games with a much larger budget could take an example. The sound side complements it nicely, and even if you can find a lot of new music, it is still based on what you know from the past of the series.

VideoGamer (8/10):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is a beautifully animated adventure with satisfying puzzles and gadgets; it suffers slightly for its length, but a deep well of charm and humour win the day.

GameMAG (8/10, review in russian):
Luigi's Mansion 3 is a great continuation of a cult game with fascinating puzzles, interesting bosses and very beautiful levels that lack a more coherent, interconnected world. Nevertheless, it is better in everything than the second part, so if you like Dark Moon or you like the adventure genre, then you can buy a trikvel without hesitation.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You are not invincible while doing it, your slams can be interrupted
Even if so, it's still close. You can turn your slams into any direction and just smash any approaching ghost. Not only does it do crazy amounts of damage, it's an extremely effective crowd control move that essentially has no cool down. I mean, if Nintendo/NLGs objective was to make the game easy enough to be accessible to everyone, then that's fine. But let's not pretend the slam move is anything less than overpowered. It's not too far away from being LM3's Funky Kong.

Oct 25, 2017
Even if so, it's still close. You can turn your slams into any direction and just smash any approaching ghost. Not only does it do crazy amounts of damage, it's an extremely effective crowd control move that essentially has no cool down. I mean, if Nintendo/NLGs objective was to make the game easy enough to be accessible to everyone, then that's fine. But let's not pretend the slam move is anything less than overpowered. It's not too far away from being LM3's Funky Kong.

I knew there was something weird with the slam, and why the transition animation is just missing. I bet they originally had it go back and forth only which has a complete animation, but late in development decided it needed to be much faster to make things easier. But then they didn't bother changing the animation maybe because of time? It was just really odd to me that there was so much attention to detail that they would leave such a jarring flaw like that.

Anyway, I can deal with the animation thing, but hearing how easy/boring the slam makes fights, I hope they patch it. I just don't want it to be monotonous.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
we'll see. i'm guessing 87 or 88 for animal crossing, and a late re-release/port/remake almost always gets a lower score than the original so i'm not sure about xenoblade repeating its 90+ score.
I see Xenoblade easily repeating 90+. It's a remaster and then some from what it looks like. Its a beloved game. It's adding in a full brand new area at the minimum and should have QOL improvements. Shadow of the Collosus remake is higher than the original.

Anyways we can continue this as we approach XenoblaDE's release.