• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Stu coming back to trying reasoning instead of ANGERY gained some points but then Doc keeps on with the Sorian fixation / playing defense instead of offense. Ehh. Not fully feeling this, because the reasoning why I'd want them dead is twisting itself. But sure, they don't feel good. I'd categorize them as a fallback candidate instead of an alternative though.
How is me being out here questioning people and trying to engage playing defense? Obviously I'm going to defend myself to a point; I'm the vote leader.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
My friend, my nemesis, let's be real: you are rarely scummy in early game, even when you are scum. So when someone like Fran yells at me for wanting to vote you because you can be so helpful, I want to see it. Mostly what I'm seeing is people don't want to vote you "because."

I just saw this so I will answer: I'm not yelling at you because of Sorian, I'm yelling at you because you are trying to policy lynch someone. It would be the same with anyone else you try to do it.

It's bad play and something I definitely don't want in this community. If we start lynching people D1 because they usually play good, play bad, play crazy, low activity, too much activity, etc we are doing things wrong.

Now I need to catch up. I didn't read the last 3 pages.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
How is me being out here questioning people and trying to engage playing defense? Obviously I'm going to defend myself to a point; I'm the vote leader.

I feel that your long-term offense-defense ratio is skewed too much toward defense. I am not denying that you are not playing offense as well, I am saying that I feel so far defense has been the main strategy here.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Stuart444 & Dr. Monkey (4 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #333 #361
Kitsunelaine - #535 #1,289
Geno - #729
Funky Dude Sparks - #1,113
Fran - #275
Sorian - #356
Fantomas - #440 #1,037

Pirate Bae & malus (4 votes)
Natiko - #1,026
TheChuggernaut - #1,251
Dr. Monkey - #1,281
Kyanrute - #1,345

absolutbro & Ty4on (2 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #1,289
Terraforce - #944

Kitsunelaine & Kalor (2 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #156 #737
flatearthpandas - #295 #330
flatearthpandas - #365
Stuart444 - #533 #1,118
FluxWaveZ - #1,318

TheChuggernaut & SkyOdin (2 votes)
Apollo - #1,027
CoolestSpot - #802

CoolestSpot & Z-Beat (1 votes)
Geno - #145 #729
Terraforce - #149 #944
empressdonna - #290
Natiko - #742 #1,026

Sorian & B-Dubs (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #141 #324
Natiko - #142 #742
Dr. Monkey - #144 #156
Stuart444 - #177 #326
Kitsunelaine - #324 #333
Stuart444 - #326 #533
flatearthpandas - #330 #365
Kitsunelaine - #397 #535
Stuart444 - #1,118

Fandorin & Fran (1 votes)
Kalor - #1,321

Natiko & Terraforce (1 votes)
Fantomas - #1,168

flatearthpandas & Stantastic (1 votes)
Verelios - #349
Dr. Monkey - #776 #1,206
Fantomas - #1,037 #1,168

Geno & Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
CoolestSpot - #140 #802

Fantomas & Zippedpinhead (0 votes)
Kalor - #1,296 #1,321

rac & Vincent Alexander (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #361 #397

Not voting: Xbro, B-Dubs, Fandorin, Pirate Bae, absolutbro, Stantastic, Ty4on, Brazil, rac, SkyOdin, malus, Reki, Vincent Alexander, Z-Beat, Zippedpinhead

Post Counts:
Kitsunelaine: 134 Stuart444: 125 Sorian: 103 Geno: 74 Natiko: 72 Dr. Monkey: 69 Terraforce: 57 CoolestSpot: 52 Fantomas: 52 Pirate Bae: 43 TheChuggernaut: 42 Fran: 38 Verelios: 38 Kyanrute: 27 Kalor: 24 FluxWaveZ: 22 Stantastic: 21 Ty4on: 21 B-Dubs: 18 Z-Beat: 18 Reki: 17 Funky Dude Sparks: 17 empressdonna: 16 rac: 16 flatearthpandas: 14 Brazil: 14 SkyOdin: 14 Fandorin: 9 Zippedpinhead: 9 absolutbro: 8 Vincent Alexander: 8 Xbro: 6 malus: 6 Apollo: 4

Current Countdown:
2tlnkmy59i

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's bad play and something I definitely don't want in this community. If we start lynching people D1 because they usually play good, play bad, play crazy, low activity, too much activity, etc we are doing things wrong.
For the most part, I agree with you (I'm sure there are exceptions; meta will create exceptions when people play directly to their scum metas - you can see that in reads all over the thread.)

What I want is for someone who is refusing to put him in the scum pile to tell me what Sorian has done that's town. Because this is how it works. We don't kill him and he gets entrenched without really doing anything that's pro-town. I would like people to be aware of that. I've seen pro-town Sorian. Sorian can be a great asset to town. Mostly so far here he's thrown around vocabulary and shade, and that's all. Until he does something else, he's in my potential-scum pile.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all. I was in a car accident last night and need to go get the car looked at today, so I probably won't be around until after D1 ends. I'll try and pop in before, but it probably won't happen.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
For the most part, I agree with you (I'm sure there are exceptions; meta will create exceptions when people play directly to their scum metas - you can see that in reads all over the thread.)

What I want is for someone who is refusing to put him in the scum pile to tell me what Sorian has done that's town. Because this is how it works. We don't kill him and he gets entrenched without really doing anything that's pro-town. I would like people to be aware of that. I've seen pro-town Sorian. Sorian can be a great asset to town. Mostly so far here he's thrown around vocabulary and shade, and that's all. Until he does something else, he's in my potential-scum pile.
I mean what has rac done for town? or Apollo?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right. Yeah, I'm fine. Little sore but that's about it. The whole thing wasn't too bad. I just need to go get it looked at for the insurance stuff.

Fair enough, if you're sore, you may want to get checked out though. Sometimes I've read, pain can appear later even if it doesn't seem as bad just now.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all. I was in a car accident last night and need to go get the car looked at today, so I probably won't be around until after D1 ends. I'll try and pop in before, but it probably won't happen.
Hope you're okay, man.
I mean what has rac done for town? or Apollo?
lol at your literal whataboutism, but let's take it on the face: rac? Not much. rac will get chattier later and his partner is ill; I'm largely willing to give them a pass for this phase. rac has largely thrown barbs at me. Apollo is not a volume poster and has put up some thoughtful engagements. But I asked about Sorian for very specific reasons - people are saying "oh, don't lynch him" but cannot produce a single concrete reason. Zero. Zip. I find that curious. Not even anything flimsy, like "oh, he's got good insight, seems fine." Just "he's not scummy."

While we're what-about-ing: How about your reads on them? Do you have anything else about Brazil/Flux after mentioning Brazil in passing?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
...your saying you want to lynch Ty and Absolute right?

just making sure im reading this right.

Yes and no. Mostly no actually, because that'd be dumdum. It'd be the LULZ lynch where we kill people because they could be hiding scum and even if they'd be that, we'd get just the scum killed but no real information because of the lack of content.

Really, food for tomorrow and the days to come, I think. It is not a good start and it becomes very worrying if it continues tomorrow and onward.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Hope you're okay, man.

lol at your literal whataboutism, but let's take it on the face: rac? Not much. rac will get chattier later and his partner is ill; I'm largely willing to give them a pass for this phase. rac has largely thrown barbs at me. Apollo is not a volume poster and has put up some thoughtful engagements. But I asked about Sorian for very specific reasons - people are saying "oh, don't lynch him" but cannot produce a single concrete reason. Zero. Zip. I find that curious. Not even anything flimsy, like "oh, he's got good insight, seems fine." Just "he's not scummy."

While we're what-about-ing: How about your reads on them? Do you have anything else about Brazil/Flux after mentioning Brazil in passing?
Literally nothing on Brazil, I want to see a reasoning for Flux's Kalor vote, seemed baseless.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Finally read Flux. He isn't being weird. Slightly limited perhaps, but thoughtful. Kalor vote hmm. Hmm. I wanna say it is ok, because it feel in-character to him and if he was scum, he'd not drop it like that. I think this flower should be given time to bloom.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Glad you're okay B-Dubs.

As I was trying to type before:
I should probably put down a vote as well, since I probably won't be around for day end.

Right now I'm considering a vote in one of the following pairs:

Katsune: I had a pretty good feeling at first, but there wasn't much later on to give confidence into those feelings. In fact kits disappearance looks kind of strange and Kalor hasn't done much as well.
CoolestBeat: I guess Coolest is Coolest, but I still didn't like his posts that went from "I don't know anything" to "we should go for the quite players" in a matter of a few minutes. I think on day 1 that's just a shot in the dark without much payoff.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning everyone!

Unvote

Don't think I'll be keeping my vote on Natiko here, felt better after talking to him last night and not many others seem interested in that sick read.

That being said, I'm also not interested in voting out either Dr. Stuart or Pirate Malus today, so not really into these vote leaders.

I'll gather my thoughts a bit more with some coffee and get a new vote down.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Just so people know, and I expect it to come up eventually, Kits mentioned in our chat that she probably won't be around for day end since her sleep schedule got messed up. So you're stuck with me today.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Would not march to the guillotine at this time - in no order, because some of these are definitely weaker feelings -
NatForce - Talked about this last night. I have small lingering suspicions on Natiko but they're not enough to move the needle off my good feeling on Terra, and I'd rather not remove them day 1 here
TheSkyChugger - I like Sky. He's thoughtful and he's always been lowkey one of my favorite players. Chuggs is chill, ready with his own opinions, not concerned about engaging. No reason at all to consider them today.
Frando (would definitely like to see more from Fando, though)
Rexbro (where'd they go, though?)
BrawaveZ (I also don't like a lower posting Brazil but I'm not sure I feel like it's kill worthy, and I like Flux here)
Verollo - Apollo isn't doing a lot and Vere is in and out but I've like both of their contributions enough that I would not want to see them gone today

Less favorable, developing reads -
S-Dubs - I've been pretty clear that I'm not seeing any reason to call Sorian town. No reason from Dubs, either, but we should give him a chance to recover
Rincent - Just not doing much at all, but again, VA is sick so I'd hang back there and let them develop
Kyonna - I know donna's been out but I would like to see more from her to measure against Kyaa
Tybro - I have mixed feelings here. Both are within parameters for town play but there also isn't much here at all. This could easily move down or up depending on what, if anything, they do today
Funky Dude Geno - I'm tempted to move this pair down into scum leans but I think I'd rather wait and see Geno at EoD first. Geno has made noise but there's not much behind it except needling Stu. Some light feints at others. Sparky is sheeping, but that's within parameters of his town play, so this team is indeterminate.
CoolestBeat - where'd they go?
Fantopinhead - I started out not feeling Fanto, but I'm fine with this "this is the new chill Fanto" explanation and he's put in a bit of work after. It still feels somewhat lackluster but it may just be new playstyle developing. I do not think much of Zipped's contributions here, especially not looking outside vote leaders. I understand it's a big thread and folks have limited time, but things will shift before EoD and what then?

Scum leans -
I'm not liking the cagey avoidance I'm seeing in the Katsune and Pirate Malus teams and kitsunelaine's drop in volume is a big red flag to me. If Bae and malus vote, I may feel differently here, depending, but there's some definite avoidance there. I'm iffy on flatearthstans and maybe they should be in the middle pack, but I'm concerned a bit about feps. Stan, on the other hand, has taken some positions and is definitely within town Stan parameters, but I don't know that I trust myself to read him with confidence right now. They wouldn't be my first vote today, but I do have them as a scum lean at the moment.
Pirate Malus
Katsune
flatearthstans

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the office and trying to catch up, but apparently the cleaning crew fucked up while trying to shampoo the carpets and now the whole place smells like cleaner. My brain is on fire and I might head home early.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Kits is such a high activity poster, she's definitely scum"
"Whoa Kits backed off and contributed at a rate people deem reasonable for others, that means she's definitely scum"

Y'all could at least try.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CoolestBeat - where'd they go?
Asleep. Morning

B-dubs I hope everything goes all right

I can't tell if I'm reading this breadcrumbing wrong. Should I wait until later in the game to see if their eventual claim matches up or tip my hand now and hope I'm right on what the implication is?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Kits is such a high activity poster, she's definitely scum"
"Whoa Kits backed off and contributed at a rate people deem reasonable for others, that means she's definitely scum"

Y'all could at least try.

You're probably gone already but did anyone actually say that first thing? I don't think the issue was ever too much activity.

In completely unrelated news, I'm surprised that I'm so opposite to Fanto in most (all?) of his reads.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Asleep. Morning

I can't tell if I'm reading this breadcrumbing wrong. Should I wait until later in the game to see if their eventual claim matches up or tip my hand now and hope I'm right on what the implication is?

You should never be claiming for someone else if that's what you're asking.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Took a while to catch up and couldn't keep up with the thread yesterday, but things should be better today.

I'll try focusing on what I have in mind instead on trying to go over everything all the time.

Anyway, thinking on full pairs, I feel good about and wouln't vote for: Verelios/Apollo; Brazil/Flux and Xbro/Reki.

On the current vote leaders, I don't care much for what I've seen from Monkey and discussed her initial stance on Sorian with Fran on our chat. Although Stuart makes me relunctant to vote there at the moment. Don't expect Scum!Stuart to have such a rough game start and his interactions with Sorian especially seem at odds with what I had in mind.

At the same time, I'm not sure I follow the Pirate Bae/Malus wagon, though the players voting there don't match with a possible counter wagon against the Stuart/Monkey lynch.

Don't think the Absolut/Ty, Kits/Kalor and Chugg/SkyOdin votes will gain traction, so maybe this one will:

Vote: B-Dubs

We saw a lot of discussion over B-Dubs and Sorian throughout the first day of the phase. That deflated a lot and I wanna see where things stand now.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So you would call them not scummy, but can't state anything they've done that's town. You're not sure about them - it's a light town - but they aren't scummy.

Natiko, talk to me about this here. What do you think? I can't tell if I'm just tired and ornery or if this was a weird conversation. As for Kyan, I'm thinking of MafiEra because I said similar there (he's fine! he's great!) and reader, he was not.
I think it's Bae doing the same thing we saw her do in MafiEra as scum. She latches onto some force reads with flimsy reasoning and then just tries to ride them out while being non-committal to most other things.

And you're right, I totally spaced that kyaa was part of the cultists at first. I'd have to go back to that game to refresh myself of what his posts were like and what I thought of them at the time though.

Meant to add Kits/Kalor
What puts Kits/Kalor ahead of your other scum reads?

Not feeling that swerve tbqh

Looks organized as fuck with dr and chugs

I'll post some more concise, yes I said concise, what of it, thoughts later

And natiko exlover chill on shitting on chugs with that kind of tone and rhetoric.
Great way to get targeted by scum n1 is bluster and bullshit.

I'll have to read the entire thread if I want dr partner's read
It was a joke, and I would hope he realizes that given the context lol

Looking at the vote leaders, it's me/monkey followed by Bae/Malus.

Regardless of who ends up voted out today, it's going to be town either sleepwalking into a lucky catch (aka get scum) or into a "ow, we're down two town members ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ " which is probably more likely.

It's typical D1ness. All votes and justifications are flimsy. They only become useful after we have a flip with which we can glean info from and look into those that voted/didn't vote for whoever flipped, scum or town.

That said, we do have a shit ton of people not voting and I think people actually need to start putting some fucking votes down!
I do agree about voting - I didn't miss that I put that thought out before and it was glossed over by those guilty of not voting, specifically those that have a decent amount of posts.

Oh right. Yeah, I'm fine. Little sore but that's about it. The whole thing wasn't too bad. I just need to go get it looked at for the insurance stuff.
Glad no one was hurt!

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Breadcrumbing can be helpful (funnily enough though, we just discussed before this game how the community is almost too reliant on breadcrumbing) during role claims.

Pointing out breadcrumbs by OTHERS D1 (or in this case, hinting at others) is scummy and doesn't help town.

Am I a secret partner? Is that what we're trying to say here? Because otherwise your point here still makes no sense. At best, you are calling me not scum that is actively trying to help scum. At worst you got lost in your own nonsense.

I found this whole conversation weirdly disingenous. Stuart's vote for Sorian didn't have much weight, but the reasoning is clear: pointing out breadcrumbs is a bad move for townies and Stuart believes that Town!Sorian wouldn't do that.

How Stuart had to explain this simple idea over multiple posts is weird and it made me think that Sorian is just nitpicking.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Asleep. Morning

Just to confirm, is this related to an already discussed breadcrumb that I glossed over or is this something you saw?

Either way, like Sorian said, I don't think you should claim against a breadcrumb.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So, looking through the list of teams, I think my vote is fine with settling on any of the following:

Tybro - This would be based almost solely on Ty4on, as I don't really have any bad thoughts about AB but he hasn't given us a whole lot either. For Ty, similar thoughts to his behavior in HoH, not a whole lot of talk about his reads, kind of entered into a Shadow Lurker status again now.
S-Dubs - I actually have worse feelings about Sorian in this game than I have in any other game I've played with him, which troubles me because I haven't seen him as Scum before. Normally I do feel I would be able to point to things about his play that I've liked on D1 and that seem townish to me, but not so much this time. As for Dubs, there's just not a whole lot to go on, so my feelings on Sorian aren't changed by anything Dubs has said or done.
Funky Dude Geno - I explained a bit earlier on my thoughts on Geno, and I understand if that is normal parameters for what people expect from him, but the way he went in on the Dr. Stuart vote still looks a bit opportunistic to me, and I don't fully buy it.
CoolestBeat - Coolest hasn't been much of a presence in the back half of the day and hasn't been of much help. Z-Beat seems a bit lost at times, and I can't quite tell if it's real or an act, but it gives me bad vibes.
FlatearthStans - Somewhat based on activity levels, but also not really getting too much from them when they are around, along with paranoia about how they could play as Scum.

---------------

In completely unrelated news, I'm surprised that I'm so opposite to Fanto in most (all?) of his reads.
I'm surprised at how little about you has stuck out to me so far tbh, why am I having trouble thinking of you as Town?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You should never be claiming for someone else if that's what you're asking.
Just to confirm, is this related to an already discussed breadcrumb that I glossed over or is this something you saw?

Either way, like Sorian said, I don't think you should claim against a breadcrumb.
Neither. I'm trying to figure out if it was potential scum implication that they know or if I'm overthinking it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
You're probably gone already but did anyone actually say that first thing? I don't think the issue was ever too much activity.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I feel like some variant of the first one was used at some point.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, looking through the list of teams, I think my vote is fine with settling on any of the following:

Tybro - This would be based almost solely on Ty4on, as I don't really have any bad thoughts about AB but he hasn't given us a whole lot either. For Ty, similar thoughts to his behavior in HoH, not a whole lot of talk about his reads, kind of entered into a Shadow Lurker status again now.
S-Dubs - I actually have worse feelings about Sorian in this game than I have in any other game I've played with him, which troubles me because I haven't seen him as Scum before. Normally I do feel I would be able to point to things about his play that I've liked on D1 and that seem townish to me, but not so much this time. As for Dubs, there's just not a whole lot to go on, so my feelings on Sorian aren't changed by anything Dubs has said or done.
Funky Dude Geno - I explained a bit earlier on my thoughts on Geno, and I understand if that is normal parameters for what people expect from him, but the way he went in on the Dr. Stuart vote still looks a bit opportunistic to me, and I don't fully buy it.
CoolestBeat - Coolest hasn't been much of a presence in the back half of the day and hasn't been of much help. Z-Beat seems a bit lost at times, and I can't quite tell if it's real or an act, but it gives me bad vibes.
FlatearthStans - Somewhat based on activity levels, but also not really getting too much from them when they are around, along with paranoia about how they could play as Scum.

---------------
Good reads.

Who do you feel worse about on the FlatearthStans pair? I think for me it's FEP with his on and off approach so far to specific topics with no follow up, but I'm kinda worried how a Scum!Stan would work here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I found this whole conversation weirdly disingenous. Stuart's vote for Sorian didn't have much weight, but the reasoning is clear: pointing out breadcrumbs is a bad move for townies and Stuart believes that Town!Sorian wouldn't do that.

How Stuart had to explain this simple idea over multiple posts is weird and it made me think that Sorian is just nitpicking.

I mean, it is nitpicking but it's still important nitpicking. He never actually connected the motive to my alignment. He specifically said he was voting me because he believed I was scum but then also presented a thing I did where the worry was me pointing something out to scum. He then retconned it later to say he was actually worried that I was trying to bait people for reactions so I knew who to kill tonight but having to retconn that already shows he didn't actually think it through at the start.

---------------

I'm surprised at how little about you has stuck out to me so far tbh, why am I having trouble thinking of you as Town?

Sounds like a you problem and not a me problem. My goal isn't to prove to anyone that I'm town. Monkey can keep asking that question until she is blue in the face and I hope everyone keeps finding nothing.