• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
FCpOuQDXsAUQ1Zl
Gurney still not smiling, lol

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Presumably, COVID as a substantial public health threat will be in the past by that point and a new normal will have been attained. A theater-only release seems completely fair to me
Unless the anti-vax morons, which represent like 25-30% of the U.S. population, decide to get the vaccine I think we're gonna be stuck with thing, especially if new variants arise.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
love for marketing to ignore fact that movie has a subtitle "part one" but whatever, i'll see this whenever avatar 2 comes out

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be happy until we get God Emperor of Dune on the big screen. Daniel Day Lewis returning to acting by playing Leto 2 will be amazing.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
be interesting to see what WB is thinking on TV shows, they had a Bene Gesserit TV show planned with DenisV involved but haven't heard much about it. Will they make more movies, more TV shows, or both?

With Legendary carrying 80% of the production costs, I wonder what the rights are as well. Legendary carrying the costs also bodes well for chinese box office, since Legendary is Chinese owned.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really like it, but it's nice that fans will get more.

be interesting to see what WB is thinking on TV shows, they had a Bene Gesserit TV show planned with DenisV involved but haven't heard much about it. Will they make more movies, more TV shows, or both?
They hired a new showrunner this summer.

Gothar

Jul 7, 2021
Dallas
Wish they would let him film part 2 and 3 at the same time, just to be sure part 3 happens as well.

Plus then they could release them a year apart or so.

That would be the most cost effective approach, but my understanding is that Part Two will close the book. From there, if WB does do a Part Three it probably won't be Dennis, and just be him overseeing it under someone else's hand. And for that, I doubt his contract is structured for that properly.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
October 2023 is doable.
Villeneuve said Part Two screenplay would be in advanced state by the end of this year.
He said that, given a green light, they would realistically start filming fall 2022.
So there's enough time with Post-Production.