• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the memes against Konami like any good neighbour, but I would be really excited to see new Metal Gears and Silent Hills. At least I want to see them try.

Kainé

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah metal gear survive was goty material.

More game like that please.

/s

Seriously, metal gear solid 3 remake (they already have cutscenes) it's what I want.

Nov 1, 2017
Globally known? Well there went any hope for Suikoden.

Then again, judging by the new Contra game that might be for the best because so far nothing I've seen of that has reminded me of Contra.

Oct 30, 2017
Since when, Konami. You largely haven't given a shit since, what...2015? Even farther back if MGS5 isn't them giving enough of a shit (which I don't think it is, so even farther back.)

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder whether they took notice of Capcom turning their reputation around with some stellar games going back to the roots of existing franchises. The fact they got M2 to do their three arcade collections suggests they might actually give a shit about releasing a quality product now.

don't know if they took notice of capcom but just other japanese publishers in general, most overcame the rut they were in 5-10 years ago adapting to the HD era. maybe they're seeing fertile ground there again

pretty skeptical though. one of those i'll believe it when i see it deals

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would be all over any number of ports and sequels and such. Should be easy enough for Konami to bring on Platinum for a Revengeance follow-up.

Deleted member 18807

As a quick side note: Pachinko isn't big for Konami. It wasn't even that big when MGS5 released. The only reason we got things like the MGS pachinko machine was that Konami wanted to attach their bigger IPs to their failing pachinko division.
What's the full story on Kojima's dismission then? From what I've heard, MGSV was taking too much time and too much money to develop, and they decided to cut the project short to invest in more "profitable" markets e.g. pachinkos.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Maybe they saw how well a lot of games sold this gen so they decided to get back in on the action. Wouldn't be surprised if they try taking the free to play online fortnite route.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why anyone wants a Metal Gear Solid 3 remake. The original is perfectly fine. Just port the HD collection bluepoint made again.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So they scrapped almost their entire AAA gaming division and now want to rebuild it or what. I'd love to see what is going on in this company internally. Seems crazy.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I don't believe you .gif

Besides I can't really blame a company for prioritising games that are extremely cheap to make and turn huge profits Vs high-end titles.
I hate them, but don't blame them.

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna say that they'd have to do a lot to prove how sincere they are here, but I think a lot more people would jump on MGS remakes than they would like to admit.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Eh, this being Konami Europe makes this a nothing statement, it's not the mothership (Japan) and even if it was I'd still be skeptical considering how many presidents, vice presidents, etc that company has.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder whether they took notice of Capcom turning their reputation around with some stellar games going back to the roots of existing franchises. The fact they got M2 to do their three arcade collections suggests they might actually give a shit about releasing a quality product now.
Konami's been working with M2 for almost 15 years now.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It does seem weird to resurrect Castlevania the way that they have with the series and collections unless they want to do something with it.

Here's hoping.

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck finding veteran talent to make those famous global IPs

Wouldnt trust that any working conditions have changed since everyone jumped ship
.. or was forced to walk the plank

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
People needs to read the whole article before rejoy. There is nothing new or good for the home console market. They still don't give a shit and they will not. It's just a PR vague sentence as always. The actual management of konami not give hope to such stuff. Until the big heads remain the same, konami is dead.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, this being Konami Europe makes this a nothing statement, it's not the mothership (Japan) and even if it was I'd still be skeptical considering how many presidents, vice presidents, etc that company has.
Konami Europe (UK) does at least co-dev PES now. They do mobile stuff too.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Just pay FROM whatever they want to make a Castlevania game. That's the only way Konami will get my attention.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
They have so many options to make me love them again game wise.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The question is does that statement mean that Konami wants to put out high-end games on consoles or do they view consoles as high-end devices that they will continue to put out games for (like the new Contra: Rogue Corps)?

The fact they then go on to talk about putting out games with ideas/tech that can be applied to other devices makes me lean towards the the latter.

I think Rouge Corps exists so they can try to capitalize on the Switch releasing in China. Contra: Return, a mobile game by Tencent, appears to be very popular and worth the effort to Konami that they see an all-new audience to go after.

Well the four franchises they highlight on their US branding site are Bomberman, Contra, Frogger and Yu-Gi-Oh, so those are the focus I guess. You'd figure Castlevania would be up there too given the popularity of the Netflix series but I guess not.

I'll believe it when I see Castlevania, Suikoden, Goemon, or the vault of sealed away Hudson IPs unlocked ;)

It does seem weird to resurrect Castlevania the way that they have with the series and collections unless they want to do something with it.

Here's hoping.

More Castlevania please.

They are working on a new Castlevania game, and it will be publicly playable at the Tokyo Game Show. Of course, the platform its on may not be up to your liking, but it seems their following the Mega Man X direction with Mega Man X Dive being the "new" game following a collection.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
ghlagtshmscz.gif

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Its never a bad time to crrect yohr mistakes and patch some bridges. But good lord Konami do you some work ahead of you, a fuckton of work.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
More AAA opportunities for japanese devs would be great but I am waiting for something more substantial than a declaration of intentions.

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
What's with people wishing for a MGS3 remake? Fuck that, it would suck, just port the existing PS3/360 HD collection and the original PS1 title to modern systems as is.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
They had them since 2012 when Hudson Soft merged with them. Bomberman was originally a Hudson IP.

It's also the only one that Konami currently gives a crap about.
To go along with the PCE mini they should really do a PCE retro line or collection on eShop, PSN, XBL and Steam. If M2's stretched too thin then D4 Enterprise could do it (they did MSX and PCE on Wii U VC for Konami).