• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is what happens when you refuse to put fuckin co-op in your sandbox destruction game.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since Square Enix mentioned that both Just Cause 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider didn't perform to their liking this isn't a surprise to see. That said, Xbox Game Pass continues to be an incredible value. This game is only 3 months old at this point.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Just Cause 4 must have really bombed for Square Enix for them to accept a payday to put the game on Game Pass literally three months after it launched for $60.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, that's crazy. Square seems pretty quick to put some of their stuff on here considering the newest Tomb Raider was added too.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Well never mind trying it out. Was never a fan of the JC system of "Bullshit until you unlock the next mission"

They managed to make the gameplay system worse in 3. I can only imagine how much worse it got in 4.

There's also the performance issues. You need to work for NASA to get 3 at a stable frame rate.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah those teases in the Gamepass emails definitely meant something. Maybe MK11 could release too eventually then

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Square Enix to Game Pass what Disney was for Netflix? Really damned interesting trend. Back to back to back months of newish games hitting the service.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
thanks for the heads up, OP. Put it at the end of my queue. I'll try it out tomorrow morning.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's an incredible addition.

There's definitely a Square Enix theme here for very recent releases. Life is Strange Season 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Just Cause 4.

I LOVE this addition, but it's also too bad because it kind of confirms how much the game under performed. The games that appeal to me from Square Enix all seem to be failing commercially.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Damn, I traded the game in a week after launch without getting past the first three hours despite being a really massive Just Cause fan but the recent announcement of patches on the way had me considering picking it back up. Thanks for saving me the cash, MS!

Has anyone made a thread about the founder and Chief Creative Officer of Avalanche leaving the company due to "frustration with the gold digging mentality of the industry"? Wonder what the future of the franchise looks like...
Is it better or worse than JC3?
Infinitely better performance, infinitely worse game.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah those teases in the Gamepass emails definitely meant something. Maybe MK11 could release too eventually then
I really doubt that will happen. The only recently released third party titles on Game Pass are those that sold poorly. Mortal Kombat 11 won't sell poorly. Not saying it won't happen but I'd be surprised if it happened at all this year.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Have they patched the game at all? I bought it on launch and even on an XB1X it honestly looked like a 360 game, particularly the pre-rendered cutscenes which looked like straight up 720p Bink files. I flipped my copy a couple of days later, but I might redownload it if they've improved it at all.

DVG

Oct 31, 2017
So which one is more worth playing, just cause 3 or 4? Never played one before but always felt like I'd enjoy it

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Just Cause 4 must have really bombed for Square Enix for them to accept a payday to put the game on Game Pass literally three months after it launched for $60.

The popularity of Game Pass and opportunity to sell season passes/the full game (it probably won't be on there in a few months) is essentially new marketing for a title that wasn't going to sell more at this point either way.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Don't fucking bother playing it until they put in the very long awaited graphics and performances fixes. They're coming, just no ETA yet.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm downloading to try it, but, why are people acting like this is an amazing addition?

Game is at a 68 on MC.

In the past it'd drop to $20 suddenly within a few months, this is just the new way of announcing a bomba I guess.

That being said, I don't regret my launch purchase. I liked it more than 3 (and 1 of course). Future updates might put it over 2 for me when all's said and done. The wind cannon almost makes up for the lack of a Ratchet game in recent years.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Great value, but mediocre game. Said as someone who was looking forward to it and who has played most of it.

So which one is more worth playing, just cause 3 or 4? Never played one before but always felt like I'd enjoy it

Just Cause 4 is definitely better than the bland mess that was Just Cause 3, but it still has numerous issues and is far from great.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Cool, I'll give it a go sure.

I just told it to install remotely, but have just now remembered that I only had about 13gb free on the hdd. Fuck.
Forza games are too big.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I couldn't disagree more. I was hugely disappointed with JC4, to the point that I returned my copy to EB games and went back to playing JC3.

I played Just Cause 3 when it came out, and actually had to stop because it was so bad and such a mess. The island and mission design were both really bland, and it performed like ass. It felt like a lower budget or F2P game.

I haven't touched it since

Just Cause 4 is no masterpiece, and is disappointing itself, but not as much.