• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rein

Apr 16, 2018
Man i'm THIRSTY for some game announcements. This better be true, E3 withdrawal is real.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Think people expecting HZD2 for launch are gonna be disappointed.

Reckon we'll get a nice PS5 update of the original and HZD2 6 months to a year or so later.

(Would personally love it as a launch title)
Launch window, close enough. I dont think they launch with anything major until early 2021. I feel like they gonna let 3rd party hold it down until spring 2021 sort of what they did with PS4 then drop 1st part bombs Spring and summer of 2021.
Maybe GG drops a KZ, but putting that up agains next gen COD is dumb.....1st party likely sit back until early 2021

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
What the hell... I saw a Days of Play thread like 5mins ago.... and it was locked... then disappeared.. I can't find it. How many pages could a closed thread fall back???

Edit- nevermind it's.....back. 🤔

Feb 8, 2018
They don't need a Halo killer, they need a goddamn answer to Forza Horizon but that can't happen now because Sony hates fun

Arcade racers don't need to be Open World for me so I'm not against the idea of a new Motorstorm. I think a 1st party MS can potentially be more impressive and better than Dirt5 in some aspects.

Last edited:

leon9506

Aug 31, 2018
I think Microsoft has the marketing deal on that. Sorry.

I'd really like to see a remake of demon souls. It was the first souls game I played and I HATED it. I went on to play the dark souls games and bloodborne and loved them all. So I want to give demon souls another chance. Hopefully with some qol improvements it becomes as good as the other souls games.
Just because MS showed ER first doesn't mean it has the marketing deal, they never had DS3 and sekiro marketing deal despite had their first trailer at E3.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily true. They could have an agreement with Sony to appear at the PS5 event.

They could, yes, but at the same time, if Sony isn't ready to announce their event, if they have a contract with this developer to not show their game off UNTIL it...

That contract also likely prohibits them from teasing said event until Sony announces it.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Think people expecting HZD2 for launch are gonna be disappointed.

Reckon we'll get a nice PS5 update of the original and HZD2 6 months to a year or so later.

(Would personally love it as a launch title)

I understand the hype but I genuinely hope that Horizon 2 will not be a launch game or even a launch window game, considering the actual quality of those titles due to very tight deadlines and less than stellar tools, limiting the scope and vision of these games. Horizon is my game of this generation and I'd hate for the sequel to be developed and released under those circumstances. I'd rather it be a late 2021 or early 2022 title.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do we care about "marketing deals"? I cant think of ammo that is more petty in the already petty console wars

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why do we care about "marketing deals"? I cant think of ammo that is more petty in the already petty console wars

Marketing deals used to be a big deal in the PS3/360 gen, when the breakdown between platforms was close enough that a game having exclusive marketing on one platform or the other would typically skew sales in the direction of the platform with the marketing deal. This gen, due to the overall worldwide sales gap, PS4 generally sold more copies of third party games regardless of who had the exclusive marketing rights.

So at this point it basically is just petty console wars stuff.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I understand the hype but I genuinely hope that Horizon 2 will not be a launch game or even a launch window game, considering the actual quality of those titles due to very tight deadlines and less than stellar tools, limiting the scope and vision of these games. Horizon is my game of this generation and I'd hate for the sequel to be developed and released under those circumstances. I'd rather it be a late 2021 or early 2022 title.
this too, I wouldn't want any of their big tier IP to be a launch title at all. Tail end of 2021 at the earlierst so the most can be squeezed out of it. Like don't let Spider-Man 2 come out until it can be chef kiss awesome

FirewalkR

Oct 27, 2017
London
Exact same thinking here, including being game of the generation.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If the PS5 event is in early June, has it been speculated that Starfield could show up there?
We know that Bethesda is not doing their own thing any time soon and (before everything went to shit) Pete Hines was on with Kinda Funny a few months ago and mentioned that he was in SF to have a meeting with PlayStation.
It's probably unrelated to the PS5 reveal, but maybe they were finalizing some marketing deal that included debuting Starfield. Never know.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Edit: People were misunderstanding my post, sorry didn't mean to upset anyone

Last edited:

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Is Jeff using an actual typewriter for this?

Nah, something even better!

enigma_machine.crop_720x540_68%2C0.preview.jpg

One thing that's frustrating about not having E3 anymore is that we don't know WHEN things will be announced, and it can come by anytime. Plus the fact we're stuck in at the moment it makes any excitement we can get all the more WOW.

Jan 20, 2019
If the PS5 event is in early June, has it been speculated that Starfield could show up there?
We know that Bethesda is not doing their own thing any time soon and (before everything went to shit) Pete Hines was on with Kinda Funny a few months ago and mentioned that he was in SF to have a meeting with PlayStation.
It's probably unrelated to the PS5 reveal, but maybe they were finalizing some marketing deal that included debuting Starfield. Never know.

He has also on the ps headquarters couple months ago

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I would imagine it could happen, but also I would never be surprised to see a Bethesda game get announced at a Microsoft event. It could really go either way.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017

You're assuming that it coming out as a launch window title means it had to be rushed though. We don't know the state of development and it's worth remembering that if the game did launch in 2021, it would be 4 years after the launch of the first game. That's a lot of time to make a sequel considering the engine and a bunch of the tech, assets and core design elements are already in place.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Just show me one or two exclusives as a launch title and I'll be good. I'll be busy with my backlog as well as cross-gen titles like GoT, TLOU2, etc..

Launch window, close enough. I dont think they launch with anything major until early 2021. I feel like they gonna let 3rd party hold it down until spring 2021 sort of what they did with PS4 then drop 1st part bombs Spring and summer of 2021.
Maybe GG drops a KZ, but putting that up agains next gen COD is dumb.....1st party likely sit back until early 2021

If the console releases in the fall then the launch window (6 months) takes them to the end of the fiscal year in Japan at the end of March. I'd expect to see plenty of big IPs fall within that timeframe because of companies wanting to close the fiscal year strong, particularly if the developer or publisher is Jaoanese

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
this too, I wouldn't want any of their big tier IP to be a launch title at all. Tail end of 2021 at the earlierst so the most can be squeezed out of it. Like don't let Spider-Man 2 come out until it can be chef kiss awesome
Sony is likely to continue what works for them. Show impressive games but no actual release dates. Build hype and maybe come out with 1 or 2 of their own exclusives at launch but probably not their top tiered games, maybe 1 or 2 partnered with third party like Godfall and the rest multiplatform.

Some people are trapped in the PS3 vs. 360 days.
Because MS showed how much of a big deal it was when they DIDN'T have the marketing deals and plainly started losing them.

destiny-cologne-xbox-microsoft.png

Something like that is begging for it to become console war ammo

Are you currenrly trapped doing the same thing in the generation going on now and eager to do the same next generation?

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They could, yes, but at the same time, if Sony isn't ready to announce their event, if they have a contract with this developer to not show their game off UNTIL it...

That contract also likely prohibits them from teasing said event until Sony announces it.

Tweeting lore tidbits doesn't necessarily hint at any kind of reveal being imminent.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I always found it ironic that they killed Evolution after #Driveclub while also let Polyphony take their sweet time making one game per generation that arguably doesn't rival their competitors two year dev cycle releases.
I wouldn't put the two together though. PD has sold 10m+ games every single generation, and in the racing scene they are literally everywhere. Just ask any top end driver, including F1 racers.

But they really acted a bit hastely IMO when it came to Evolution. Especially right now when they could do with a non-sim racer on the market. With PD as usual taking their sweet ass time.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Tweeting lore tidbits doesn't necessarily hint at any kind of reveal being imminent.

Looking at this and other Playstation-specific threads I would argue people don't necessarily see it that way. People are so starved for PS5 news that they take anything as a tease, and Sony and the devs have to be aware of that.

Oct 25, 2017

Bethesda game studios/Todd Howard really love ms/Xbox.

I'd be surprised if Sony gets starfield or elder scrolls.