• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
iOYtz1J.gif

tumblr_mz8yi8PlrK1qcv9zpo3_500.gif

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Iran's Revelutionary Gaurd's QUD forces are specifically tasked with extraterritorial unconventional warfare (basically terrorism, spying, and supporting terrorist and extremist revolutionary groups outside of Iran). Obviously, we're much worse internationally in a number of ways, but they're still a very powerful and destablizing influence.

But is seems like every country in the ME is like this - they are comprised of tribes / sects / etc, and they'll NEVER get along...taking out one, just allows another to rise into the 'bully' role...then 20 years later, we're helping the one we 'took out'. I just don't see how the US's involvement has ever done a single bit of good for the region, or for the US.

I mean, look at the Iran Iraq war, was basically over preventing the export of 'ideology' (sure some border conflicts too), and netted nothing for everyone, and cost 1,000,000 lives. Thats conflict in the ME in a nutshell.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate Joke

Video is too dark. I give it 2 out of 5 Allahu akbars.

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
By all accounts Iran was in compliance with the agreement and then Trump ripped it up. I think there are zero good faith arguments for doing what he did there.

Was the agreement perfect? That's the wrong question to ask because perfection isn't really the goal or achievable in diplomacy, or really any aspects of life. It was better than nothing, Iran was cooperating and it could've led to a better agreement by both sides showing good faith and keeping their word. Now all bets are off once again

I'm not sure how you'd just "pancake" a country with an aerial campaign using conventional weapons. I'm not sure how you have boots on the ground without the potential for tremendous casualties. It seems like Iran is far more capable than Iraq was and look how that turned out? It's one thing to roll into Tehran and topple the government in a week or something like that, but the ensuing power vacuum and I'm assuming occupation would be a nightmare

To be fair, the Iraq mistake was disbanding the IA and Iraqi Police (actually invading not withstanding) I highly doubt that would be done again. Then again we have Bolton so who knows.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Being Iran has a video ready to go shows it was premeditated to attack this drone. Also showing wreckage means nothing as they could've just picked it up if it was in international waters.

Downside for Iran here is that the US and most likely the UAE are going to have IR and Radar tracks of this engagement. I'm sure Iran will say its false but that is where this is going.

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
I mean, when you post shit like this it's all to blatant what your angle is.

The context of Iran's actions is the US has caused a situation where they have little options remaining in order to remedy and force cooperation for sanction relief.

Your posts are commenting on Iran's aggression without talking about the underlining root cause.

Iran knows that a war with the US would lead to it's utter destruction, yet it's continuing to take actions that would escalate the current situation to where that risk increases. Iran isn't an irrational actor, if they are committing these actions which are inherently aggressive it's because they likely view the current path they are on of inaction unpalatable due to it's likely outcome of the nations collapse or government collapse.

If inaction is no longer tenable and the current actions risk a wider conflict, what does that say about how Iran views it's current situation?

Reminds me of Japan circa WWII.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
lol thanks for the video and crayon drawing, Iran.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you may want to recheck your sources on Yemen, my dude.
We've been conducting military operations in Yemen since 9/11, backed and provided some logistical aid to Saudi Arabia's invasion from '15, and have had commandos fighting on the ground since at least last year. Plus we've recently sold them ridiculous amounts of weapons and tech.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We've been conducting military operations in Yemen since 9/11, backed and provided some logistical aid to Saudi Arabia's invasion from '15, and have had commandos fighting on the ground since at least last year. Plus we've recently sold them ridiculous amounts of weapons and tech.
Sure and Iran's been pretty actively involved since 2015 as well.

Deleted member 57378

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
I suppose I'm fairly indifferent on this.

I'm not against the US sending unmanned reconnaissance drones over Iran's potential nuclear facilities and I'm not really upset that a sovereign state shoots an unmanned drone down within their own airspace.

Pretty much how i feel. If you are gonna fly them you gotta accept the risk it might get shot down, Cant be upset about it. I would understand if any nation shot down any spy drone. Thats kinda how the "game" works.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta love the fact that the state propaganda....errr Fox News is playing the angle that this was an unprovoked attack. Yes, definitely unprovoked. Iran randomly reneged on the nuclear deal and we would never shoot down a Russian drone that close to our airspace...

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
US have already started the war with Iran. Backing out from an agreement that was absolutely beneficial for the whole world and then imposing crippling sanctions that are destroying a nation is a literal act of war, but everyone seems to forget about this. Iran and US are already at war, and Iranian people are the one taking a beating.
As someone who lives in Iran, reading this thread is just depressing.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I feel like war with Iran can't be sold to the American public, even to the hardcore conservatives that make up about 20-30 percent of our populace.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
You don't set up a camera in the middle of the night unless you're expecting to do something....

It makes all sorts of sense to be filming your weapons firing. It's a good investigative tool in case something malfunctions.

Pretty sure there's all sorts of cameras (fixed or not) outside of missile silos for this reason.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
A measured response is one where thought and time is put into it. A response doesn't mean a military strike.

And what kind of response would we be looking at? More sanctions? More Troops? Anything of those will only make the situation more dangerous and just further raises the risk of war. Trump may not want war but those idiots do and anything they can trick him into doing will only further their agenda of backing Iran into a corner until its hand is forced, like it was last night.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
And what kind of response would we be looking at? More sanctions? More Troops? Anything of those will only make the situation more dangerous and just further raises the risk of war. Trump may not want war but those idiots do and anything they can trick him into doing will only further their agenda of backing Iran into a corner until its hand is forced, like it was last night.
A measured response could be anything or absolutely nothing. My guess would be something non-military, but time will tell.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
If trump can lock up little children iam sure he can sell a war in iran. ,, iran attacked us, NOBODY attacks america and gets away with it". Sold

But it was an unmanned aircraft lol

Idk

If anything the retaliation will just be cia type ops, maybe riling up iranians for their own type of "Arab spring"

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
But it was an unmanned aircraft lol

Idk

If anything the retaliation will just be cia type ops, maybe riling up iranians for their own type of "Arab spring"
Iam not sure trump wants a war but everybody around him seems like they cant wait.

Doesnt matter if its a drone. Its an attack. I really hope nothing happens but i dont trust the people in the white house .

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Iam not sure trump wants a war but everybody around him seems like they cant wait.

Doesnt matter if its a drone. Its an attack. I really hope nothing happens but i dont trust the people in the white house .
See, if this was bush right now then I'd be more scared, but Trump is more of an authoritarian type leader, and if he isn't the one to have the idea, then I don't think he'll do anything.
The guy just does what he feels like, regardless of advisement. Hence why he fucking fires everyone lol

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lol surprise Bolton isn't telling trump "think of all the big rallies you could do in a war".

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Russian-backed separatists shoot down an AIRLINER FULL OF INNOCENT PEOPLE with Russian weapons.

Murica: I sleep

Iranians shoot down a remote controlled drone resulting in zero deaths or injuries

Murica: WAR DRUMS