RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I am not sure trump wants a war but everybody around him seems like they cant wait.
Yeah, pretty much. It would be a politically atrocious move, anyone not associated with the military in the administration has to see that, but the people who really want a war don't care about the political ramifications.

Oct 27, 2017
My real takeaway is that Iran has surface to air missiles capable of swift deployment, targeting, lock-on and 20m+ range hitting the stealth drone. This isn't some Iran military data, but a real world scenario. Iran isn't ISIS with their Toyota machine guns and random rocket launchers.

What are those B-52s for? An aviation parade?

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
This isnt gonna lead trump is gonna throw a temper tantrum and that will be the end of that. Remember the last time when Iran hijacked an American drone (and that was a state of the art one) and that didn't lead to war though granted at the time there was a more 'sane' administration in charge.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Russian-backed separatists shoot down an AIRLINER FULL OF INNOCENT PEOPLE with Russian weapons.

Murica: I sleep

Iranians shoot down a remote controlled drone resulting in zero deaths or injuries

Murica: WAR DRUMS

There were sanctions and further arms deals with Ukraine. Or are you suggesting the US should have gone to war with Russia?

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
The US has been a bad actor in the Middle East and should not be involved in any new conflicts over there.

If Iran and Saudi Arabia want to go to war, I want no part of it.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Russian-backed separatists shoot down an AIRLINER FULL OF INNOCENT PEOPLE with Russian weapons.

Murica: I sleep

Iranians shoot down a remote controlled drone resulting in zero deaths or injuries

Murica: WAR DRUMS
i mean we (not even US-backed whatever, just the american navy) shot down an iranian airliner full of innocent people back in '88 and nothing ever happened

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is all a dream come true for the hardliner extremists of Iran, it's sad that it's going to end in conflict

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
nn7jo.jpg

US right now

anamika

May 18, 2018
If Trump truly doesn't want war with Iran and is actively trying to de-escalate the situation then, credit where credit is due.

Yes. The one thing I like about Trump is his anti-interventionism. He's better than most democrats in this regard and seems less eager to bomb brown people in the middle east.

Still, his reneging on the nuclear deal to please Israel is what lead to this whole messed up situation in the first place.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
United Airlines no longer considers Iranian airspace safe and is suspending flights between New York/Newark and Mumbai (India)

The Federal Aviation Administration has also prohibited all U.S. flights in overwater area of Tehran-controlled airspace above Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Iran's Revelutionary Gaurd's QUD forces are specifically tasked with extraterritorial unconventional warfare (basically terrorism, spying, and supporting terrorist and extremist revolutionary groups outside of Iran). Obviously, we're much worse internationally in a number of ways, but they're still a very powerful and destablizing influence.
I still remember one of their attacks in Iraq, they pretended to be American soldiers, drove to a military checkpoint or base, killed a bunch of Americans, kidnapped two (both were later found dead and their bodies bobby trapped).

Iran can do plenty, it's already doing a shiton in Yemen, Syria and Iraq, Iranian influence is the greatest threat to the US in the middle east. The Quds force alone made Iraq hell for the occupation forces in Iraq. If the US commits to an all out war with an invasion it will be worse than Vietnam a thousand folds, if it commits to strikes Iran can retaliate by attacking oil tankers, infrastructures, escalating in Yemen, in Iraq, Bahrain which is a majority Shia country with a Sunni dictatorship where the American fifth fleet is located, or destabilize the Saudi eastern Shia regions. Iran isn't just Iran, it's also Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon.

When people ask what can Iran do, I keep reminding them of two things the Karbala raid conducted by the Quds force, and the 2006 Lebanon war.

Thats the raid I was talking about

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
New York Times: Trump approved strikes on targets such as radar and missile batteries, but abruptly pulled back
President Trump approved military strikes against Iran in retaliation for downing an American surveillance drone, but pulled back from launching them on Thursday night after a day of escalating tensions.

As late as 7 p.m. Thursday, military and diplomatic officials were expecting a strike, after intense discussions and debate at the White House among the president's top national security officials and congressional leaders, according to multiple senior administration officials involved in or briefed on the deliberations.

Officials said the president had initially approved attacks on a handful of Iranian targets, like radar and missile batteries.

But the action was then abruptly called off for the evening, putting a halt to what would have been the president's third military action against targets in the Middle East. Mr. Trump had struck twice at targets in Syria, in 2017 and 2018.

It was not clear whether Mr. Trump simply changed his mind on the strikes or whether the administration altered course because of logistics or strategy. It was also not clear whether the attacks might still go forward.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing we're a pin drop away from action on Iran. I'd love to know why the attack was called off? Did Trump change his mind, or did other considerations change the plans.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a tweet to say that KLM had ceased operations over Iranian airspace as well as United.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What has he ever backed off of? Te only thing he's pushing against is a war because even his insane base doesn't want that. He still tried to kill the ACA even when it dragged his approvals to the mid-thirties. He kept family separations up for months on end. His tariffs are still in place.

Don't play games with me. I never said he backs off every plan. Stating "only when even his insane base doesnt want that" is reiterating a caveat I already metioned.